On this page:
- Tim Armstrong: Timothy Lockwood Armstrong, is an American musician, songwriter, and producer. He is best known as the singer/guitarist for the punk rock band Rancid and hip hop/punk rock supergroup the Transplants. Prior to forming Rancid, Armstrong was in the influential ska punk band Operation Ivy. In 1997, along with Brett Gurewitz of the band Bad Religion and owner of Epitaph Records, Armstrong founded Hellcat Records. In 2012, through his website, Armstrong started releasing music that influenced him, along with stripped-down cover songs of his own work under the name Tim Timebomb. He has released at least one song per week since late 2012. Armstrong is also an accomplished and sought-after songwriter for other artists. Armstrong won a Grammy Award for his work with Jimmy Cliff and Pink and he has also worked with Gwen Stefani and Joe Walsh.
- also known as Lint; Armstrong, Tim; Tim Timebomb; Timothy Lockwood Armstrong; Rancid; Tim Timebomb Sings Songs from RocknNRoll Theater
- born on (50 years ago) in Berkeley
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Albany High School
- profession: Singer, musician, film director, songwriter, record producer, guitarist, actor
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Brody Dalle between and (5 years)
- genres: Punk rock, Reggae, Ska, Rapcore, Pop punk, Ska punk, Street punk, Hardcore punk, Country
- albums: "A Poet’s Life", "Texas Tornado", "She Goes to Finos", "Heaven Only Knows", "Honor Is All We Know", "Cuz I Ain't Gone Yet", "American Without Tears", "Alcohol", "My Bucket's Got a Hole in It", "The Letter", "Let's Do Rocksteady", "Rich Girl", "Bridge of Gold", "Chasing the Night", "Everything I Need", "Guardian Angel", "Rocket 88", "80,000 Mile of Wire", "Crawdad Hole", "Poison", "I'm Movin' On", "Do You Wanna Dance", "Trouble", "This Time We Got It Right", "When It's Springtime in Alaska", "I’m Goin’ Down", "King of the Jungle", "Up to No Good", "We Did Alright", "She's Drunk All the Time", "Battering Ram", "Saturday Night at the Movies", "Buckets of Rain", "Cupid Aims", "No Reverence", "No More Living", "Thanks a Lot", "Too Much Pressure", "Cabin on the Hill", "It's so Easy", "Skeleton Crew", "Dark as a Dungeon", "I'll Do It Everytime", "Change That Song Mr. DJ", "Goin' Down That Road", "Choo Choo Ch'boogie", "Ramblin Man", "RockNRoll Theatre", "Roots Radicals", "High Roller Baby"
- film produced: Live Freaky! Die Freaky!
- film directed: Give 'em the Boot: A Film by Tim Armstrong
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album - "Rebirth", with Jimmy Cliff, John Morrical, Kevin Bivona, J Bonner, Bill Mims & Clinton Welander
- Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album - "Rebirth" (Jimmy Cliff, artist. Tim Armstrong, Kevin Bivona, J Bonner, Bill Mims, John Morrical & Clinton Welander, engineers/mixers. Tim Armstrong, producer.), with Jimmy Cliff, Kevin Bivona, J Bonner, Bill Mims, John Morrical & Clinton Welander
- Tim Armstrong: Hubert Thomas "Tim" Armstrong was a New Zealand politician of the Labour Party.
- Tim Armstrong: Timothy M. "Tim" Armstrong is CEO and Chairman of AOL Inc. Previously, he was President of Google's Americas operation. He replaced the outgoing Randy Falco as current CEO as of March 12, 2009. He was also one of the cofounders of the local news website Patch Media.
- Tim Armstrong is a cricket player, athlete.
- born on (25 years ago) in Australia
- Tim Armstrong a.k.a. Timothy Armstrong is a film director, producer and screenwriter.
- read more about Timothy Armstrong (film director)
- Tim Armstrong: Timothy S. Armstrong is a retired Canadian professional ice hockey player. He played 11 games for his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs in 1988–89.
- born on (48 years ago) in Toronto
- Tim Armstrong is an author.
- born in (60 years ago)
- written works: "Moving Pattern Book", "Haunted Hardy", "Make Moving Patterns", "Modernism, technology, and the body", "Colour Perception", "American Bodies"
- Tim Armstrong is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Tim Armstrong (actor)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Tim Armstrong
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Global Punk (2016)
Resistance and Rebellion in Everyday Life by Kevin Dunn
Thank God Tim Armstrong is a sorted out young geezer...
The Social Media Revolution: An Economic Encyclopedia of Friending, Following, Texting, and Connecting (2016)
An Economic Encyclopedia of Friending, Following, Texting, and Connecting by Jarice Hanson
AOL hired Tim Armstrong, a former executive at Google, to become chief executive officer, and a new business plan was announced that would see AOL acquiring different new companies, and specializing in news services. Armstrong ...
by Pamela Gossin
Tim Armstrong reads The Waste Land as a study in the regimentation of mental and physical hygienes, with "waste" figured antithetically as both central to the poem's production and requiring elimination.
by Mary Zeiss Stange, Carol K. Oyster, Jane E. Sloan
Board members include Tim Armstrong, CEO and chairman of AOL,
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
James Stephens (Tim Armstrong), Noah Beery Jr. (Virgil Molloy), Vic Tayback ( Ted Randall), Karen Werner (Natalie), Bruce French (Bob Lahey), E.J. Andre D ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tim Armstrong
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Tim Armstrong
Studio visit with Tim Armstrong
Photo credit: veritatem
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tim Armstrong to see it in context!