On this page:
- Phrases with Tokyo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tokyo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tokyo
- Photos about Tokyo
- Videos about Tokyo
- Sign language
- Quotes about Tokyo
- Scrabble value of T1O1K5Y4O1
- Anagrams of TOKYO
- Share this page
Tokyo, officially Tokyo Metropolis, is one of the 47 prefectures of Japan. Tokyo is the capital of Japan, the center of the Greater Tokyo Area, and the most populous metropolitan area in the world. It is the seat of the Japanese government and the Imperial Palace, and the home of the Japanese Imperial Family. Tokyo is in the Kantō region on the southeastern side of the main island Honshu and includes the Izu Islands and Ogasawara Islands. Tokyo Metropolis was formed in 1943 from the merger of the former Tokyo Prefecture and the city of Tokyo.
- also known as 東京; Tōkyō; Tokyo, Japan; Tokyoshi; Tokyo-To; Tokyo-Fu; Tōkyō-Shi; Tōkyō-To; Tokyo-Shi; Tokyoto; Tokyofu; Tōkyō-Fu; Tokyo Metropolis; /m/07dfk; Tokei
- country: Japan
- capital: Shinjuku
- touristic attractions:
- Takeshita Street
- Setagaya Art Museum
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Roppongi Hills
- Tokyo Tower
- Tokyo DisneySea
- Tokyo National Museum
- Edo-Tokyo Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo
- The National Art Center, Tokyo
- National Museum of Nature and Science
- National Museum of Western Art
- Yasukuni Shrine
- Museum of Maritime Science
- Tokyo Imperial Palace
- Rainbow Bridge
- Meiji Shrine
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- Yushima Tenman-gū
- Tokyo Skytree
- Kabukichō, Tokyo
- Ueno Zoo
- official website: www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH
Who is Tokyo?
Tokyo is a musician.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Machete
- Tokyo a.k.a. TOKIO is a musical group.
- read more about TOKIO
- Tokyo is a musical group.
- album: "Swan King"
There are other groups with in their name, like Tokyo Eye, Tokyo Mask, Tokyo Rose, Tokyo Blade, Tokyo Jihen, Tokyo Union, Tokyo Shōnen, Tic Toc Tokyo, Tokyo Dragons, Tokyo Explode, Tokyo Mew Mew, Tokyo Yankees, Birds of Tokyo, Tokyo Electron, Headphone-Tokyo, The Tokyo Smash, Tokyo Bloodworm, Tokyo City Phil, Tokyo/Overtones and Tokyo Adventures.
- "Tokyo" is the fourth single by the Japanese artist Yui. It was released January 18, 2006, under Sony Records.
- lyrics by YUI
- "Tokyo" is a 2007 single released by Swedish artist Danny Saucedo better known as Danny.
- "Tokyo" is a musical album of Misato Watanabe.
- released on (25 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a song by English indie rock band Athlete and is the third track on their 2007 album Beyond the Neighbourhood. The song was released as the second single from that album on November 19, 2007. The song charted at #198 making it Athlete's lowest charting single to date, partly due to a lack of promotion, and partly due to UK Chart guidelines discounting sales of the EP version.
- "Tokyo" is the twentieth single by Japanese artist Masaharu Fukuyama. It was released on 17 August 2005.
- "Tokyo" is a single by The Adicts, released under the name ADX, produced by the band with ex-Vapors frontman David Fenton. It was the first of two singles by the band released on Sire Records. A remixed version of the song later appeared on the band's next album Smart Alex.
- "Tokyo" is a musical single of Gareth Emery.
- also known as Tokyo (The Remixes)
- released on (4 years ago)
- "TOKYO" is a 2006 album by Yui.
- genre: J-pop
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a musical single of Athlete.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a musical EP of Joke & Joke.
- released on
- "Tokyo" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Tokyo" is a musical single of Sekai no Owari & Owl City.
- released on
- "TOKYO" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Tokyo" is a musical album of Athlete.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "TOKYO" is a musical single of SADS.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a composition.
- "Tokyo" is a musical album of NRBQ.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a musical single of Paul Oakenfold.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Tokyo" is a 2004 novel by British crime writer Mo Hayder. It was short-listed for the Crime Writers' Association Gold Dagger award, as well as several others. Tokyo was reviewed by the internationally-read UK newspaper, the Guardian as well as by Kirkus Reviews under its US title.
- also known as "The devil of Nanking", The devil of Nanking
- language: English Language
- genres: Thriller, Fiction
- subjects: British Cuisine, Japan
- released in (12 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "Tokyo" is a book written by Graham Marks.
- genre: Fiction
- released in (10 years ago)
- award: - Carnegie Medal nomination for Graham Marks
"Tokyo" a.k.a. "Tokyo!" is a 2008 anthology film containing three segments written by three non-Japanese directors, all of which were filmed in Tokyo, Japan. Michel Gondry directed "Interior Design", Leos Carax directed "Merde", and Bong Joon-ho directed "Shaking Tokyo".
- read more about Tokyo!
- Tokyo a.k.a. The tokyō is a system of supporting blocks and brackets supporting the eaves of a Japanese building, usually part of a Buddhist temple or Shinto shrine. The use of tokyō is made necessary by the extent to which the eaves protrude, a functionally essential element of Japanese Buddhist architecture. The system has however always had also an important decorative function. Like most architectural elements in Japan, the system is Chinese in origin but has evolved since its arrival into several original forms.
- Tokyo a.k.a. .tokyo: The domain name tokyo is a top-level domain for Tokyo in the Domain Name System of the Internet. On November 13, 2013, ICANN and Interlink entered into a registry agreement under which Interlink operates the tokyo TLD.
Phrases with Tokyo
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tokyo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cambridge University Press
Tokyo is a city in Japan.
Reading 2 Student's Book (1991)
Intermediate by Simon Greenall, Diana Pye
Tokyo is an ugly city. There are hardly any beautiful or even good buildings; there are very few parks; there are no mountains or even hills inside or outside the city; there is no green belt; there are few monuments worth looking at; the air ...
by James M. Scott
Target Tokyo is a delight, capturing the epic character of the raid.” — John R. Satterfield, Naval Historical Foundation “Target Tokyo is an unforgettable ...
by Roman Cybriwsky
Preface Tokyo is an enormous city with nearly 13 million residents and an area of 2,186 square kilometers (845 square miles).
Tokyo A Cultural History (2009)
by Stephen Mansfield
Tokyo is a city about people, ebbing and flooding, great waves of people washing around the buildings, rushing through the channels, and pouring back out again. Tokyo is not just a city about great numbers of people moving around.
The Tokyo Hardcore Scene by Jennifer Milioto Matsue
Butitdoesn't takelongto realize that, like all great cities, Tokyo is a bizarre conundrum, a riddle of contradictions that springs from thetension between thelargescale ugliness and themeticulous attention todetail that meetstheattentive eyeat ...
by Insight Guides
Constantly mutating, Tokyo is a difficult animal to classify;a senseof artificialityand impermanence distinguishes itfrom all the other wellgrounded, greatcities of the world. Although Tokyo presents the visitor with glimpses of a modeof life that ...
City Branding (2010)
Theory and Cases by K. Dinnie
Tokyo is a city brand that stubbornly defies comprehension, which may bepart of its appeal. WELCOMETO TOKYO – HYBRIDCITY In the early 2000s, Iresearched andwrote anarticleaboutthe Japanese government's then nascent tourism ...
by Howard L. Boorman
Tokyo, 1962. Gendai Chugoku jiten, ed. by Chugoku kenkyu-jo. Tokyo, l950. Gendai Chuka minkoku Manshu teikoku jimmei kan, ed. bv Gaimusho johobu. aktifiW ii m ffi W A *«o Gendai Shina jimmei jiten, ed. by Tairiku bunka kenkyu-jo.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tokyo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tokyo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Tokyo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Tokyo Meaning
Video shows what Tokyo means. Capital of Japan.. Tokyo pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. Tokyo meaning. Powered by ...
- Aok SokunKanha interview about meaning of " ASK " brand name for Flaxus Tokyo 06.07.14
- Tokyo meaning and pronunciation
In every damn anime or Japanese show, this city is always destroyed either by (a) Godzilla, (b) some other mutant or demon, (c) a freak natural disaster, ...
- Molekul Tokyo Explanation From Rio
- Def Leppard - Slang LIVE Tokyo 1999
Def Leppard Live on the Euphoria tour 1999.
- Lord Tokyo = Tourist Explanation
- Explanation of Tokyo Urban Rail Diagram
Supplementary video file to ISP "Tokyo on Track" Details 'photo-story' diagram: Blue Circles: Areas of concentrated urban development. The darker the colour, ...
- Tokyo Trains & Rates: A little explanation
- "Sakura" Beth's photos around Tokyo, Japan (definition: sakura in japan)
- Tokyo ghoul Opening [Unravel]+lire la description
- LEX Tokyo Language Exchange
- Gangnam Style at Tokyo, Japan (Shinjuku International Exchange Language School)
Gangnam Style @ Shinjuku, Tokyo! Cultural Festival 12.12.2012 Choreography: Marc Johnson, Beijing Renmin University.
- Invitation for International Mother Language Day in UEC, Tokyo
Date: February 21, 2014 Time: 12:00 PM - 17:00 PM Website...
- Japan ESL Teacher Interviews II - Tokyo & Fukuoka
ESL Teacher Interviews...
- Myanmar Cultural Dance at Tokyo, Japan (Shinjuku International Exchange Language School)
Myanmar students performing at a cultural festival! Shinjuku, Tokyo...
See also the pronunciation examples of Tokyo!
Sign language interpreter on Tokyo television, June '08
This video is NOT intended to mock the hearing impaired; it's just that the facial expressions of this interpreter are hilarious, especially at the end during the ...
Quotes about Tokyo
Scrabble value of T1O1K5Y4O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine