On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun touchback
What does touchback mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: touchbacks
- (American football) a play in which the opposing team has kicked the football into your end zone
Alternative definition of the noun touchback
- [American football] The result of a play (usually a kickoff or punt) in which the ball passes out the back of the end zone or a team otherwise gains possession of the ball in their own end zone.
Specialised definition of the noun touchback
Glossary of sports / American football
a play in which the ball is made dead by a player on or behind his own goal line after it has been sent across the line by the opposing team (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
when a player who gains possession of a ball in his own end zone kneels to the ground and automatically starts the next play at his own 20-yard line; also awarded if his opponent kicks the ball across the end line
"Touchback" is a 2011 drama film directed by Don Handfield.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Carissa Buffel, Lisa Kearns, Brian Presley & Kevin Matusow
- executive producers: Derek Beumer, Ryan Bundra, Michael Corso, Rob Cowan, Patricia Eberle, Matthew Fladell, George Furla, Shannon Gardner, Adam Griffin, Anthony Gudas, Alexandria Klipstein & Richard Rionda Del Castro
- production design by Roshelle Berliner
- art direction by Joshua Stricklin
- written by Don Handfield
- Kurt Russell as Coach Hand
- Melanie Lynskey as Macy
- Sarah Wright as Jenny
- Christine Lahti as Thelma
- Marc Blucas as Hall
- Brian Presley as Scott Murphy
- Drew Powell as Dwight Pearson
- Steve Turner as Gig Bird
- Kevin Covais as Todd White
- James Duval as Rodriguez
- Sianoa Smit-McPhee as Sasha
- Barry Sanders as Cuyahoga Coach
- Austin Ross as Moss
- Jacquelyn Evola as Krista Murphy
- Ella Anderson as Jamie Murphy
- Scott Goudie as Football fan #1
- Justin P. Calkins as Still Photographer
- Alicia Clark as Pretty Girl
- David Scott Diaz as Coldwater Football Player #64
- David Scott Diaz as Student #1
- Brian Elles as Football Player
- Mark Robert Ellis as Cuyahoga Head Coach
- Melanie Fawn as Player's Girlfriend
- Harrison Flechsig as Norman's Friend
- Charlie Glackin as Teacher
- Johnathan Robert Hart as Farmer #1
- Lawrence Leach
- Linda Linsley as Football Fan at Tailgate Party #1
- David Lowing as NFL Commissioner
- Michelle Melpolder as Sideline Photographer
- Bryan Price as Norman
- Rocky Rector as Red Robinson
- Dawn Ridge as Football Fan at Tailgate Party #2
- Bill Simonson as Game Announcer
- Jake Strunk as Football Fan #2
- Kristoffer Ryan Winters
- Brandon Hoezee as Coldwater Fan
- John C. Hoogeveen III as Farmer #2
- Darrell Malone as Coldwater Football Player
- Hector Orlandi as Factory Worker
- Ron Shedd as Football crowd fan
- Ryan Sloth as Jersey Jones
- Morris Lee Sullivan as Football Fan at Tailgate Party #3
- Gerald Stewart as SoyBean Farmer
- Gerald Stewart as Band Member
- Gerald Stewart as Student #2
- Gerald Stewart as TailGater
- casting by Kerry Barden & Paul Schnee
- cinematography by David Rush Morrison
- edited by Debbie Berman & Ryan Eaton
- music by William Ross
- costume design by Jane Johnston
- set decoration by Heidi Mayfield & Desi Wolff
- genres: Family, Sports, Drama
- tagline: Would you give up everything you love for a shot at everything you've ever wanted?
- released on
- official website: www.touchback-themovie.com
- "Touchback" is a musical album of William Ross.
- released on
- "Touchback" is a composition.
- music by Benn Jordan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Touchback
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Grasso
TOUCHBACK. A touchback occurs when the offensive team sends the ball into the defensive team's end zone by kickoff or punt and the ball is not returned. It can also occur when the defensive team intercepts the ball or recovers a fumble in ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
conversion, defense, down, drive, end zone, field goal, flare, fumble, gridiron, holding, huddle, interception, interference, kickoff, lateral, offense, offside, pass, punt, rushing, sack, safety, scrimmage, secondary, tackle, touchback, touchdown, ...
Includes Abbreviations, Geographical Names, Foreign Words and Phrases, Forms of Address, Weights and Measures, Signs and Symbols by Albert Morehead, Philip D. Morehead, Loy Morehead
touchback 1, come or be in contact. 2, (with on or upon) allude to something briefly. — n. 1, the sense of feeling.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
switchback, tailback, tarmac, thornback, throw back, throwback, thumbtack, ticktack, tieback, tie tack, tombac, touchback, tow sack, trictrac, tripack, unpack, Welsbach, wetback, whaleback, wingback, wisecrack, woolpack, woolsack, yashmak, ...
Over 10,000ÊCommon and Confusing Words Explained by Diagram Group
Totemic animal Totemism Touch Touchback Touchdown Tour Tour deforce Tout de suite Tout le monde Tower Tower block Town hall Toxicology ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
Touchback (11,Don Handfield); The Art of theSteal (13, Jonathan Sobol); Bone Tomahawk (14, S.CraigZahler).
by Paul Zollo
slapjack Slovak smack smokestack snack snowpack soundtrack stack steeplejack sumac swayback swept-back switchback tach tack tailback tamarack tarmac throwback thumbtack thwack ticktack tieback touchback track umiak unpack wac.
Acronyms & Abbreviation Dictionary: Social Media, Accounting, Government, Business, Science, Organizations, Medical, Religion (2017)
by Julien Coallier
Taxonomy, taxonomic TB Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tb Terbium TB Theologische Bücherei TB Touchback TB – tuberculosis TB Tuberculosis (tubercle bacillus) TBA To be Aborted TBA To be Announced TBA To be arranged TBAG Process of ...
Reforming America: A Thematic Encyclopedia and Document Collection of the Progressive Era [2 volumes] (2017)
by Jeffrey A. Johnson
Forward passes are to be allowed, and whenever a forward pass crosses the goal line it shall count as a touchback. Reforms in Primary Documents | 764 “Football Rules Made at Last.
2nd Edition by Ray Dozier
When Scott Warren caught him from behind, Banks spilled the pigskin, and the Seminoles recoveredin theend zonefora touchback. The Nolesthen drove 76 yards in 12 plays to jump to a 70 lead late in the first quarter. Moments later, Bobby ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
quarter, spinner, yardage 8 clipping, crossbar, goal line, goalpost, gridiron, halftime 9 backfield, defensive, field goal, intercept, offensive, placekick, scrimmage, touchback, touchdown 1 1 broken field 12 interception footballer 4 Kemp (Jack), ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Touchback
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Touchback
If you need images about Touchback for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Touchback
Video shows what touchback means. The result of a play (usually a kickoff or punt) in which the ball passes out the back of the end zone or a team otherwise ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Touchback!
Scrabble value of T1O1U1C3H4B3A1C3K5
The value of this 9-letter word is 22 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Touchback to see it in context!