On this page:
Definition of the verb Transcode
What does Transcode mean as a doing word?
- To convert from one encoding to another.
- Transcode a.k.a. Transcoding is the direct analog-to-analog or digital-to-digital conversion of one encoding to another, such as for movie data files, audio files, or character encoding. This is usually done in cases where a target device does not support the format or has limited storage capacity that mandates a reduced file size, or to convert incompatible or obsolete data to a better-supported or modern format.
- read more about Transcoding
- Transcode is a free audio/video transcoder with a command-line interface for Unix-like operating systems. It uses FFmpeg's libavcodec library, and supports numerous formats. It also includes a variety of pre/post filters for denoising, deinterlacing, smoothing, sharpening, etc. As for container formats, transcode was designed around AVI, and support for output to more modern container formats is still limited. For example, current versions of transcode do not support multiplexing into the popular MP4 container format; external tools must be used instead. Besides the main transcoding tool, the package also contains a number of tools for multiplexing, concatenation, and other similar operations on multimedia files and streams.
- official website: www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode
- Transcode, or Transmission Code, was a 6-bit plus parity BCD character set which was used by IBM for a short time for Binary Synchronous communications. The IBM 2780 data transmission terminal was announced with Transcode support in 1967. The IBM 3780 data communication terminal, the 2780 successor announced in 1972, dropped Transcode support.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Transcode
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Woody Lidstone
Transcode Means Convert This section covers transcoding. Yhznscoding is a special type of consolidation that lets you change the resolution (codec) of your media during the copy operation. Transcoding Clips and Sequences Transcoding ...
by Jeff I. Greenberg, Tim Kolb, Christine Steele, Luisa Winters
Transcode Is a Dirty Word.
From Still to Motion (2011)
Editing DSLR Video with Final Cut Pro X by Abba Shapiro, Robbie Carman
Transcoding The decision to transcode is a multilayered one. Longtime Final Cut Pro editors are used to converting DSLR footage into Apple ProRes files to edit it. Doing so reduces the burden on the computer processors and graphics card, ...
Techniques for Measurement, Instrumentation and Control by Kevin James
The former is a 5-bit code which utilizes a special shift character to distinguish between letters and digits, while Transcode is a full 6-bit code which can represent 64 different characters without the need for a shift character. The most popular ...
International Conference, Singapore, May 9-12, 2005, Proceedings by Osvaldo Gervasi
Transcode is a way of transferring quality of service that is ...
Avid Editing (2012)
A Guide for Beginning and Intermediate Users by Sam Kauffmann
Transcode is a great tool for thoseof us who want towork inhigh definition but know we needto convertour HDproject to standard definition for submission to most film festivals, many television outlets, and devices that can«t yet handle HD.
For Information and Communication Technologies and Related Areas by Jakob Vlietstra
SBT Sic Bit Transcode SBT Surface Barrier Transistor SBT System Backup Tape ...
by Clive Upton, William A. Kretzschmar, Jr.
li transcode BR tranz'kood, -z, -in, -Éd AM tran(t)s'kood, tranz'kood, -Z, -In, ...
by Ray Horak
A DSP might then filter noise and remove interference from the signal, and transcode, compress, and perhaps encrypt the signal prior to placing it on a carrier of an electrically based digital circuit for transmission.A matching DSP reverses the ...
Terms and Acronyms by Brad Hansen
transcode (v.) To convert from one video or graphic format to another, as opposed to encoding, which refers to the original capture or ...
The Mental Lexicon (2007)
Core Perspectives by Gonia Jarema, Gary Libben
In such orthographies, an alphabetic inventory of letter-sound correspondences is used to transcode the phonemes in spoken words into the representational units of the alphabet. Because many languages oflen contain more phonemes than ...
shareware, sound card,timestamp, transcode,utilities, videocard, vodcaster, webdesign,workspace 10 aggregator,courseware, domainname, flashdrive, floppy disk, keylogging, middleware, multimedia, netiquette,opensource, peertopeer, ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
transcode an MPEG2 video to an ...
by Hossein Bidgoli
or contact the origin server, transcode ...
by Freire, Mario
Figure 2 illustrates a scenario where a transcoding gateway is configured to transcode MPEG streams to H.261. In the architecture, the transcoding gateway may also simply forward MPEG or H.261 packets to an alternate session (in both ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
transcode 7verb [with obj.] ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Transcode
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Transcode
Export. Transcode. Upload. Repeat.
Photo credit: jakob.montrasio.net
Video about Transcode
Video shows what transcode means. To convert from one encoding to another.. Transcode Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
Scrabble value of T1R1A1N1S1C3O1D2E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TRANSCODE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Transcode!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Transcode to see it in context!