The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun tremor:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun tremor
- Definition of the verb tremor
- Phrases with Tremor
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tremor
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tremor
- Photos about Tremor
- Video language resources about Tremor
- Quotes about Tremor
- Scrabble value of T1R1E1M3O1R1
- Anagrams of TREMOR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun tremor
What does tremor mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: tremors
- an involuntary vibration (as if from illness or fear)
- a small earthquake
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonyms of tremor: earth tremor / microseism
- more generic words: earthquake / quake / seism / temblor = shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane or from volcanic activity
- more specific words:
- shaking or trembling (usually resulting from weakness or stress or disease)
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- more generic words: palpitation / quiver / quivering / shakiness / shaking / trembling / vibration = a shaky motion
- more specific term: essential tremor = tremor of unknown cause (usually of the hands and head) that develops in older people
- part of: paralysis agitans / Parkinson's / Parkinson's disease / Parkinson's syndrome / Parkinsonism / shaking palsy = a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination
Alternative definition of the noun tremor
- A shake, quiver, or vibration.
- An earthquake.
Definition of the verb tremor
What does tremor mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: | tremors
- shake with seismic vibrations
Alternative definition of the verb tremor
- To shake or quiver excessively and rapidly or involuntarily; to tremble.
- "Tremor" a.k.a. "Adhurs" is a 2010 Telugu-language film, directed by V.V. Vinayak. The film stars NTR Jr. in a dual-role, and Nayantara and Sheela as female leads. Music is scored by Devi Sri Prasad. The film was a "Hit" at the box-office and was the third successful hit with V. V. Vinayak and Jr. NTR combo.This ic NTR's second double acting This movie dubbed in Hindi as Judwaa No.1.This movie was dubbed in malayalam as "Kavacham". Adhurs was released in 1300 Screens all over the world.It ran for 50 Days in 128 Centres and 100 Days for 22 Centres.Adhurs collected a total run Share of 27.70 crore.
- read more about Adhurs
- "Tremor" is a 2013 short drama film written by Diego Hoefel and directed by Ricardo Alves Jr.
- country: Brazil
- language: Portuguese Language
- director: Ricardo Alves Jr.
- producer: Morgana Rissinger
- production design by Luana Demange
- art direction by Tatiane Boaventura
- written by Ricardo Alves Jr. & Diego Hoefel
- cinematography by Matheus Rocha
- edited by Fred Benevides
- costume design by Luana Demange
- genre: Drama
- released on
- "Tremor" is a book by Winston Graham.
- genres: Fiction, Mystery, Suspense
- subject: Morocco
- "Tremor" is a book by Craig Dirgo.
- subject: Terrorism
- "Tremor" is a book by Giuliana Grimaldi.
- also known as "Tremor from pathogenesis to treatment"
"Tremor" is a video game.
- genres: Adventure game, Action game
Tremor is a fictional character from the comic book series, Spawn. He is a former Mafia enforcer and associate of Antonio "Tony Twist" Twistelli, the Don of New York, and is now a vigilante seeking revenge on The Family.
- created by Todd McFarlane
- Tremor is a song by Greek-Belgian electronic DJ duo Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and Dutch DJ and producer Martin Garrix. It was released as a digital download on June 20, 2014 in the United Kingdom. The song has charted in Belgium, France and the Netherlands. The song has debuted at number 30 on the UK Singles Chart. The song was written by Dimitri Thivaios, Michael Thivaios and Martin Garrix. An older version of the track was played on the Monday Mixtape for Kiss FM by Martin Garrix in December 2013.
- "Tremor" is a musical album of Vidna Obmana.
- released in (14 years ago)
Who is Tremor?
Tremor a.k.a. Halim is a bassist.
- read more about Halim
- Tremor a.k.a. :tremor is a musical group.
- albums: "Зло/Evil", "С днём рождения, милая!", "IV Way Split"
- Tremor is a Norwegian black metal band from Mosjøen. The debut album This is Primitive Hate - eller Nihilisme som Virkemiddel was released by INRI Unlimited 2006. Members of the band then were S.O. Tremor, drums, guitar and vocals, and Hans AG3, bass. Myrholt is also the singer of Enslavement of Beauty and Amaroc. During 2008 Tremor will release two EP, Lipsynced with Satan and The Poe Sessions, and another full length album, Le Matinée de Enfer - or home is where the flames are highest. In January 2008 Chris Rudi Lind on guitar and vocals, joined the band and from April Borgar Haugen is the new drummer of Tremor.
Tremor by the Xiph.Org Foundation is a fixed-point version of the Vorbis decoder for those platforms without floating point operations.
Phrases with Tremor
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tremor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Movement Disorders Curricula (2017)
by Cristian Falup-Pecurariu, Joaquim Ferreira, Pablo Martinez-Martin, Kallol Ray Chaudhuri
Physiologic tremor is a highfrequency, low-amplitude postural tremor that can be elicited in most of us in the context of stress,
by Alfred F. Tallia, Joseph E. Scherger, Nancy Dickey
Benign essential tremor is the major differential diagnostic possibility in considering tremor. Benign...
by Ashok Kumar
Orthostatic Tremors Definition and characteristics Orthostatic tremor is a unique tremor syndrome characterized by...
by Harvey S. Singer, Jonathan Mink, Donald L. Gilbert, Joseph Jankovic
Dystonic tremor is an irregular tremor in the presence of underlying dystonia.14 The tremor is most prominent when the...
by Paul W. Brazis, Joseph C. Masdeu, José Biller
Orthostatic tremor is a condition described as high-frequency tremors predominantly in the legs and trunk, which are present not...
[previously entitled Geriatric Rehabilitation Manual] by Timothy L. Kauffman, Ronald W. Scott, John O. Barr, Michael L. Moran
Psychogenic tremor is a psychiatric condition that appears as involuntary movement, differing in characteristics and consistency...
by Giuliana Grimaldi, Mario Manto
Classic essential tremor is the most common movement disorder.
by Graham Douglas, Fiona Nicol, Colin Robertson
Tremor is an oscillatory movement about a joint or a group of joints resulting from alternating contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Physiological tremor is a fine (low-amplitude), fast (high-frequency) postural tremor seen with anxiety.
Essential tremor is the most common pathological cause of an action tremor, typically affecting the upper limbs and head, with postural and action components.
Netter's Neurology (2011)
by H. Royden Jones, Jr. Jr., Jayashri Srinivasan, Gregory J. Allam, Richard A. Baker
An action/postural tremor is a prominent feature of the alcohol withdrawal syndrome; after recovery from...
tasks or postures; primary writing tremor is the most common, but similar task-specific tremors have been described in typists, musicians,
The most common drug- induced tremor is an enhanced physiologic tremor related to sympathomimetics or antidepressants ...
Differential Diagnosis and Treatment by Alberto Albanese, Joseph Jankovic
Physiological tremor refers to the invisible mechanical vibration of a body parts present in every normal subject.
The typical parkinsonian tremor is a rest tremor.
by Joseph Jankovic, Eduardo Tolosa
Tremor is the most frequent type among all abnormal movements in psychogenic disorders.
Tremor is a feature of many central nervous system disorders.
Essential tremor is an action tremor that affects predominantly the hands and also may involve the head and other body parts, at a frequency that is usually 5–8 Hz ...
Emergency Neurology (1999)
Principles and Practice by Sid M. Shah, Kevin M. Kelly
Orthostatic tremor is a rare but frequently misdi- agnosed condition. It occurs...
Cerebellar tremor is a common consequence of injury to the cerebellum or its outflow pathways.
Psychogenic tremor is the typical hysterical movement disorder.
Parkinson's Disease (2007)
Diagnosis & Clinical Management : Second Edition by Dr. Stewart A. Factor, DO, Dr. William Weiner, MD
Typically, the tremor is a 3- to 5-Hz rhythmic “pill-rolling” movement of the thumb and index finger while the hand is at rest. There may be abduction and adduction of the thumb or flexion and extension of the wrist or of the metacarpophalangeal ...
Mechanisms of Clinical Signs (2012)
by Mark Dennis, William Talbot Bowen, Lucy Cho
Intention tremor DESCRIPTION Intention tremor is a slow (2- to 4-Hz) tremor during voluntary movement that develops as...
Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration MECHANISM/S Intention tremor is an ipsilateral hemispheric cerebellar sign.
Diagnosis and Medical and Surgical Management by Michael S. Okun, MD, Ramon L. Rodriguez, MD, Frank M. Skidmore, MD
Cerebellar tremor is a slow-frequency tremor, between 3 and 5 Hz. It occurs during the execution of a goal-directed movement (intentional). □ The amplitude frequently increases with the movement (usually by approaching the intended target) ...
Neurological Disorders (2003)
Course and Treatment by Thomas Brandt
Action tremor is any tremor that is produced by voluntary muscle contraction and includes postural, kinetic, intention,
by Clare Stephenson
tremor Benign (essential) tremor is a condition in which there is a fine tremor of the limbs, often including the...
Tremor Suppression by Eduardo Rocon, José L. Pons
Tremor is a disabling consequence of a number of neurological disorders. Tremor, the most common of all involuntary movements, can affect various body parts such as the hands, head, facial structures, tongue, trunk, and legs. Most tremors ...
Step-up to Medicine (2016)
by CTI Reviews
Essential tremor is a slowly progressive neurological disorder of which the most recognizable feature is a tremor of the...
A Tremor is an involuntary, somewhat rhythmic, muscle movement involving toandfro movements (oscillations) of one or ...
Encyclopaedia Medica (1902)
by Chalmers Watson
posure to a rapid fall of temperature is liable to set up momentarily a form of tremor especially affecting the muscles of the head and trunk, of which the most common type is known by the name of " teeth-chattering." Pathological. — (A) Many ...
by Robert Jean Campbell
tremor Involuntary ...
by Philip Winn
(from Latin, tremor: tremor) This involves the involuntary, rhythmic movements of a single muscle or groups of MUSCLES. They are more severe and longer- lasting than TICS and are commonly associated with damage to parts of the MOTOR ...
by Evelyn B. Kelly Ph.D.
benign essential tremor (the benign has been dropped because some of ...
by David Loring
Action tremor A rhythmic tremor that occurs during any type of movement of the affected body part and that is often worse at the end of motor activity. Action tremor occurs with fine movements such as writing or lifting a cup for drinking.
by Cruz-Cunha, Maria Manuela
tremor at rest, and gait disturbance (Lewis, Dirksen, ...
by Ian Stolerman
Tremor (all causes) Yes Acebutalola Hypertension, angina, and arrhythmias As for propranolol but rarely used Yes Celiprolol Hypertension No Esmolol Supraventricular arrhythmias No Nebivolol Hypertension No Nadolol Hypertension, ...
Concise Medical Dictionary (2015)
by Elizabeth Martin
The physiological tremor is a feature of the normal mechanism for maintaining posture. It may be more apparent in states of fatigue or anxiety or when the thyroid gland is overactive. Essential tremor is slower and particularly affects the hands ...
by Amy Wenzel
Tremor is a rhythmic oscillation of a body part often involving the hands, head, voice, or trunk. Tremor is classified whether it is present at rest (Parkinson's disease), with posture (holding a newspaper), or with action (writing, eating, reaching ...
by Laurence Urdang
tremor n. a rhythmical alternating movement ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tremor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tremor
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Earth Tremor.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Tremor
Click on an item to play that video:
- Olivia Tremor Control - - Explanation II: Instrumental Themes And Dream Sequences (Full Album)
Support the artist, buy the music...
- Tremor Meaning
Video shows what tremor means. A shake, quiver, or vibration.. An earthquake.. Tremor Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Olivia Tremor Control - Explanation II: Instrumental Themes and Dream Sequences (Dusk at Cubist)
Samples from Olivia Tremor Control's out-of-print, soon-to-be-reissued "Music from the Unrealized Film Script, Dusk at Cubist Castle" bonus CD. Be forewarned ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Tremor!
Quotes about Tremor
Couldn't select: Table './citatep_en/citatepedia' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
Scrabble value of T1R1E1M3O1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TREMOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tremor!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tremor to see it in context!