Truth appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Model truth: turtledom.
- "Evil yams parcel truth to be lurid," I rule, "both turtle craps may live".
- A tinsel sign (simple hotel truth) subsumed a mad emu’s bush turtle to help missing isles, Nita.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun truth:
Comparison of usage frequency between the noun truth and its most common antonyms:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun truth
- Phrases with Truth
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Truth
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Truth
- Photos about Truth
- Video language resources about Truth
- Sign language
- Quotes about Truth
- Scrabble value of T1R1U1T1H4
- Anagrams of TRUTH
- Share this page
The word truth is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun truth
What does truth mean as a name of something?
Truth is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural:
- truth: truths
- Truth: Truths
- a fact that has been verified
- examples: at last he knew the truth | the truth is that he didn't want to do it
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic word: fact = a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred
- more specific terms:
- conformity to reality or actuality
- examples: they debated the truth of the proposition | the situation brought home to us the blunt truth of the military threat | he was famous for the truth of his portraits
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of truth: the true / trueness / verity
- antonym of truth: falsity
- more generic word: actuality = the state of actually existing objectively
- a true statement
- examples: he told the truth | he thought of answering with the truth but he knew they wouldn't believe it
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of truth: true statement
- antonym of truth: falsehood
- more generic word: statement = a message that is stated or declared
- more specific terms:
- the quality of being near to the true value
- example: the lawyer questioned the truth of my account
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonym of truth: accuracy
- more generic word: quality = an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone
- more specific words:
- United States abolitionist and feminist who was freed from slavery and became a leading advocate of the abolition of slavery and for the rights of women (1797-1883)
Alternative definition of the noun truth
- [archaic] The state or quality of being true to someone or something; faithfulness, fidelity.
- antonym: falsehood
- [obsolete] A pledge of loyalty or faith.
- antonym: falsity
- Conformity to fact or reality; correctness, accuracy.
- antonym: lie
- True facts, genuine depiction or statements of reality.
- antonym: nonsense
- That which is real, in a deeper sense; spiritual or ‘genuine’ reality.
- antonym: untruth
- Something acknowledged to be true; a true statement or axiom.
- antonym: half-truth
- [physics] A now-outdated term for topness. (See also truth quark.)
- Truth: Tristan Roake and Andre Fernandez, better known as Truth are a production duo from Christchurch, New Zealand. They first rose in late 2007 when Mala of Digital Mystikz signed their debut single The Fatman / Stolen Children for his Deep Medi Musik label. The single was described by Boomkat as "dark and immaculately executed" and was released in early 2009 as Medi13x on 12" vinyl format.
- genre: Dubstep
- albums: "Revelation / Lost at Sea", "Terror Planet / Disappear", "Burglar / Dead Silence", "Amnesia / International", "The Fatman / Stolen Children", "Fatman VIP", "Evil in the Woods", "Love's Shadow", "Direct Blow / Snake", "The Emperor / Calling You Back", "Puppets", "Stranger Than Fiction EP", "Foundation", "Hollow World", "30,000 Ft", "Babylon War", "How Strange"
- official website: www.facebook.com/TruthNZ
- Truth a.k.a. The Truth were a funk band from Melbourne, Australia, active from 1993 to 1997. Their final lineup was Nicky Bomba, Michael Caruana, Mick Girasole, Tony Kopa and Geoff Wells.
- read more about The Truth
There are other groups with in their name, like Truth Is, the truth?, Truth Cell, Rebel Truth, Truth Decay, Bitter Truth, Brutal Truth, Mighty Truth, Chasing Truth, Supreme Truth, Abstract Truth, Barefoot Truth, Truth of Blood, Corrupted Truth, Distorted Truth, Moment Of Truth, The Plain Truth, The Truth Squad, Truth and Janey.
- "Truth" is the debut album by the Jeff Beck Group, released in 1968 in the United Kingdom on Columbia Records and in the United States on Epic Records. It introduced the talents of Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood to a larger audience, and peaked at number 15 on the Billboard 200.
- "Truth" is a song by post grunge/alternative metal band Seether. It is the third track and second single from their album Karma and Effect.
- "Truth" is a 2007 album by blues artist Robben Ford, notable for a well-received cover of Paul Simon's 1971 composition "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor." "Riley B. King" is a homage to B.B. King.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Truth" is the seventh Japanese single by the South Korean rock band CNBLUE. It was released on April 23 2014. This song is from the album, Truth.
- released on
- "Truth" is the twelfth studio album by Japanese Jazz fusion band T-Square, who was then known as The Square. It was released on April 1, 1987.
- genre: Jazz fusion
- released on (28 years ago)
- "Truth" is Yuna Ito's 6th single and last of 2006. This is her second single to be a part of the Nana franchise, the first being "Endless Story".
- "Truth" was the fifth studio album by Swedish hard rock band Talisman released on 27 December 1998 by Point Music.
- genre: Hard rock
- released on (16 years ago)
- "TRUTH" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Yoon-ah Kim
- "Truth" is the official full-length version of the demo album of the same name released by Christian rock singer and Stryper frontman Michael Sweet, two years before. This version was released by Restless Records in 2000.
- genre: Christian rock
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Truth" is the second single released from American band Chiddy Bang. It was released in the United Kingdom on 17 May 2010 as a Digital Download and the CD Single was released the next day. The single samples Passion Pit's "Better Things" from the Chunk of Change EP that was released in 2008.
- "Truth" a.k.a. "Truth!" is the seventh album led by saxophonist Houston Person which was recorded in 1970 and released on the Prestige label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Truth" is a compilation album by Australian music group Southern Sons. The album was released only in Europe by RCA Records in November 1993 on CD and audio cassette. The album contains an assortment of tracks taken from their first two studio albums, Southern Sons and Nothing But The Truth.
- genre: Soft rock
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Truth" is a demo album released by Christian rock singer, and Stryper frontman, Michael Sweet. The album was independently produced by Sweet and released in 1998 under his own label.
- genre: Christian rock
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Truth" is a composition.
- music by Masahiro Andoh
- "Truth" is a musical album of Chico Hamilton, Eric Dolphy, The Chico Hamilton Quintet.
- released in (56 years ago)
- "Truth" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Truth" is a 2006 album of Yuna Ito.
- "TRUTH" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Tetsuya Komuro
- "TRUTH" is a musical single of Daizystripper.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Truth" is an award-winning 2009 crime fiction novel written by Peter Temple. The novel is a sequel to Temple's 2005 novel The Broken Shore, and won the Miles Franklin Award in 2010.
- language: English Language
- genre: Crime Fiction
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Truth" is a book by Robin Wasserman.
- also known as "Truth (Chasing Yesterday)"
- character: J.D.
- genres: Children's literature, Fiction
- subjects: Memory, Adventure
- "Truth" a.k.a. "Nijam" is a Telugu film released in 2003, starring Mahesh Babu and Rakshita in lead roles. Teja directed this film. Mahesh Babu and Rameshwari won the Nandi Awards in Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress categories respectively. The film was also dubbed into Tamil as Nijam. The film was dubbed as Meri Adalat in Hindi and remade as Arjuna in Oriya Staring Anubhab Mohanty And Gargi Mohanty.
- read more about Nijam
- "Truth": A suspenseful, psychological thriller, “Truth” exposes the hidden demons buried deep inside each and every one of us. After a chance encounter over the internet, Caleb meets and falls head over heels for Jeremy, and soon the line between love and lies blur. Struggling to keep his past a secret, including his mentally ill mother Caleb slowly succumbs to his darker side. A sudden turn of events finds Jeremy held captive, until Caleb’s quest for the truth be revealed.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Rob Moretti
- producers: Ashley Ahn & Sean Paul Lockhart
- executive producers: Charlie David, Elvis Duran, Alan Klessig, Rob Moretti, Thomas Soriano
- production design by Tommy Janulis
- art direction by Julianne Irene
- written by Rob Moretti
- casting by Stefanie Field
- edited by Cassandra McManus
- music by Jonathan Bartz
- set decoration by Teghvir Singh Sethi
- genre: Thriller
- released on
- official website: truth-the-movie.com
- "Truth": An estranged couple on a weekend retreat are pushed further apart when the wife, Becca, becomes romantically fascinated with the journal of the cabin's long-dead former owner. When the ghost of the old owner appears and reciprocates Becca's feelings, the web of betrayals and untruths between Becca and her husband begins to unravel.
- "Truth" is a short film, directed by Alexandria Magik Rice.
- Truth a.k.a. TheTruth.com is an anti-tobacco company campaign in the United States. Created in 1998, the campaign is run by the American Legacy Foundation, which was founded under the terms of the Master Settlement Agreement, between the U.S. tobacco companies and 46 U.S. states and five territories. TheTruth.com uses web, print and television to promote its message.
- Truth: For the religious magazine see Truth Magazine Truth Magazine was both a weekly magazine and a monthly reader published from the 1800s to the 1900s in the United States. Its subtitle was "The Brightest of Weeklies".
- Truth was a British periodical publication founded by the diplomat and Liberal politician Henry Labouchère, the first issue was published on 4 January 1877. Labouchère founded the periodical after he left a virtual rival publication, The World. Truth was known for its exposures of many kinds of frauds, and was at the centre of several civil lawsuits. Although Labouchère himself contributed to Truth, it was for the most part controlled by Horace Voules in its early days.
- Truth is the seventh Japanese mini-album by the South Korean rock band CNBLUE. It was released on April 23, 2014.
- Truth is a cataloged instance, musical recording.
Phrases with Truth
Phrases starting with the word Truth:
- truth drug
- truth quark
- truth serum
- Truth table
- Truth value
- Truth Be Told
- Truth or Dare
- Truth function
- Truth Will Out
Phrases ending with the word Truth:
- in truth
- home truth
- First truth
- gospel truth
- Ring of Truth
- supreme truth
- Bend the Truth
- Bent the Truth
- Tell the Truth
- Kernel of Truth
View more phrases with the word Truth in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Truth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Truth Is a Bright Star (2001)
by Joan Price
TUH 1s A\ BRIGHT STAR A Hopi Adventure byjoom Price TRUTH IS A BRIGHT STAR MVTMVIMMMVIVIMVIMl/IM TRUTH IS A BRIGHT. Front Cover.
Being and Meaning (2002)
Reality and Language in Bhartṛhari and Heidegger by Sebastian Alackapally
Truth is a central theme within the context of Heidegger's project to retrieve the question of Being and to lay a foundation...
"Truth in the traditional sense is defined as adaequatio rei et intellectus (truth is the correspondence, the conformity, between the...
Law and Semiotics (2012)
by Roberta Kevelson
Truth, in the Realists' Creed is an instrument -- an instrumental sign -- which is multidimensional: truth is a stage in the ongoing process toward more...
by Merold Westphal
"The Truth is the Whole" as Hermeneutical Guide In view of the scope and boldness of the phenomenological task as described in the Introduction and Preface it is surprising that Hegel's book should be as short as it is. It is, nevertheless, a ...
Philosophical and Interreligious Perspectives by Frederiek Depoortere, Magdalen Lambkin
Michael Purcell Introduction Truth is a many-splendoured thing, but dialoguing about truth is fraught with difficulties,
Discoursing truth is the employ of certain wits "though there be not so much blood in them, as was in those of the ancients.
The Standard (1908)
Again, truth means agreement of thought and expression, and here it stands for sincerity. How black insincerity may be, and what tragedy it may bring forth, the kiss whereby Judas betrayed Jesus attests. Still again, truth means agreement of ...
Acts Of Faith (2012)
Daily Meditations for People of Colour by Iyanla Vanzant
Ashanti proverb The truth is that we start from a position of success. No matter what happens, no matter what the appearance, we are always successful. The truth is that we have lessons to learn through our experiences. What appears as a ...
Invented Eden (2003)
The Elusive, Disputed History of the Tasaday by Robin Hemley
Truth is that thing which, when told, makes those on our team look good, and inspires them to greater efforts, and...
better than we are already doing, which by the way is fine, we are doing fine, truth is the wind in our sails that blows only for us.
The Heart of Compassion (2007)
The Thirty-seven Verses on the Practice of a Bodhisattva by Dilgo Khyentse
The First Noble Truth is that there is suffering, and it should be recognized. The Second Noble Truth is that suffering has a cause, which therefore needs to be given up. That cause is the kleshas, the negative emotions or afflicting mental ...
Buddhism in America (2012)
by Richard Hughes Seager
The First Noble Truth is that life is characterized by dukkha, a term translated as suffering, unsatisfactoriness, stress, or more colloquially, “being out of joint.” Dukkha conveys the essential quality of life in samsara. It means personal physical ...
The New Universal English Dictionary ... To which is added, a dictionary of cant words ... The fourth edition, carefully corrected by Mr. Buchanan, etc (1760)
by Nathan BAILEY
TRUTH (enemy-che, Sat) trueness, in oppofition of falsity; certainty, fidelity, faithfulness. Merapbysiml TRUTH, is the conformity of the things with the divine understanding. Logical TRUTH, is the consormity os the thing with the idea itself. This is ...
A Cyclopædia of Quotations from the Literature of All Ages by Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert
Truth does not require your painting, brother ; it is itself beauty. Unfold it, and men will be captivated. Take your brush to set off the rainbow, or give a new tinge of splendor to the setting sun, but keep it away from the " Rose of Sharon and the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Truth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Truth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: tdreyer1
Truth, Truth Aquatics, out of Santa Barbara
Photo credit: Ed Bierman
Photo credit: jdlasica
Photo credit: dreamsjung
Photo credit: Bill Dimmick
Photo credit: Robert Santafede
Photo credit: Matt From London
- The Sound of Silence: Truth
What does silence look like?
Photo credit: fotologic
- Truth Contest
Photo credit: VenusPetrov
- Truth -
Photo credit: Elixirdejasmin
- Seek after truth.
For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,
and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Photo credit: Naviance Visuals
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Truth
Click on an item to play that video:
- A definition of Truth
Atempting to define that which never changes.
- F-Zero Densetsu Theme- The Meaning of Truth [FULL]
- Woody Allen about meaning and truth of life on Earth
Humans ar entities with their own goals: perpetuation of species and survival (based on reward and opioid system). But there are opioids in milk or cereals that ...
- "The Meaning of Truth" - F-Zero X style
If the opening theme to the F-Zero anime was actually a song in F-Zero X, it might sound something like this. You can get the mp3, FLAC, and MIDI here: ...
- Truth Tables Explanation
- The Definition Of Truth
Meditation began in November 1996 Established by Teacher Woo Myung. Currently, there are more than 330 meditation centers located around the world ...
- The Meaning of Truth by HIRO-X (Instrumental Version)
Here is the Instrumental Version of The Meaning of Truth by HIRO-X (Opening Theme of the anime F-Zero Falcon Densetsu). F-Zero Falcon Densetsu episodes ...
- An Explanation of the Sovereign Gospel (Romans 9-11) John MacArthur - Truth Matters 2011
- Jason Saulnier - Truth By Definition [Official Video]
New video for Jason Saulnier called Truth By Definition taken from the album From the Dark. Concept song finished from old demos. Psychedelic rock mixed ...
- Social Security card definition: Bible definition truth will set you free
What is the social security card? This video explains in detail what the social security card is. Let him who has understanding......
- Wanted Music for Super Smash Bros. 4 - "The Meaning of Truth" (Instrumental)
The instrumental version of "The Meaning of Truth" from the anime F-Zero: GP Legend.
- Masonic Truth: Meaning of "BORN IN SIN"
Graphic Scientific explanation of Masonic truth (lucifer). Lamb (da) is length between sine waves. You are Lambs. Lambs are born from sine waves. You are ...
- Meaning of Truth (Sega Genesis Style)
For those of you who don't know, Meaning of Truth was the theme song of the F-Zero anime in Japan. This is actually a MIDI played back in Ultimate MegaDrive ...
- Jason Saulnier - Truth By Definition
- Truth Meaning
Video shows what truth means. The state or quality of being true to someone or something.. Faithfulness, fidelity.. A pledge of loyalty or faith.. truth synonyms: ...
- Two Year Acting Program | Finding Meaning and Truth | Maggie Flanigan Studio
Two year acting program in nyc...
- Truth Of Spiritual Meaning of Head Coverings
- Federal Reserve System Definition TRUTH CONSPIRACY
- Moorwet Definition, Beautiful Sister Teaching Truth about Romance is Evil
- Lecture 55/65: Truth, Meaning, and Proof
"Theory of Computation"; Portland State University: Prof. Harry Porter;...
- Learn English Conversation Evidence Truth, ESL Religion and Science
- Language, Truth And Logic
Language, Truth And Logic. By A. J. Ayer. If you can't prove something, it is literally senseless - so argues Ayer in t...
- TRUTH TALK: A REAL talk CHAT! (See the description box)
RANDOM CHAT: 1. Taking a MINI (YAH's timing) planned break. 2. Youtubing while drunk, high, angry, take your meds. 3. Cussed out by Turks, 4. Online BIBLE ...
- Truth: Charter Schools Serve English Language Learners
A new report by the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) finds that charter public schools are helping to lead the way in improving academic ...
- Fun ESL Games: "Truth or Shock" from ILConnection.com
International Language Connection (ILConnection) Meetup in Toronto, ON, Canada July, 2015 ILConnection is an in-person and online tutoring service for ...
- Minecraft SkyDoesMinecraft Mini-Game DO NOT LAUGH (ROSS' DICTIONARY OF TRUTH) w/ Facecam
SkyDoesMinecraft Minecraft Mini-Game DO NOT LAUGH (ROSS' DICTIONARY OF TRUTH) w/ Facecam WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER DO NOT LAUGH!
- Light Language, Thoth, Emerald Tablets, Truth, Wisdom.
- R-6 Truth & Language Games
A response to Wisdominnature7's "A Rejoinder to Dfpolis on Truth." It incidentally shows the inadequacy of his "Truth without God." His use of metalanguage to ...
- Truth & Dutty Ranks - Language of Music
View more videos about The Truth.
See also the pronunciation examples of Truth!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Truth
The truth is still i love you
The truth is you still love me
The truth is i hate you deep inside
The truth is you hate me deep inside
The truth is i hate everybady
The truth is everybody hates me
The truth is.......... (Crystal Chandler)
more quotes about truth...
Scrabble value of T1R1U1T1H4
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TRUTH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Truth!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Truth to see it in context!