Tsar appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Definitely, Tsar, a style tin I fed.
- A peg at lovely Tsar - a style voltage, pa.
- For a tsar evens a wine den I was never a star of.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun tsar
What does tsar mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: tsars
- a male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917)
- examples: The government's anti-corruption tsar resigned yesterday following allegations of bribery. | The tsar was the ruler of Russia.
- region: Russia
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- alternative spelling: tzar
- synonym of tsar: czar
- more generic terms: crowned head / monarch / sovereign = a nation's ruler or head of state usually by hereditary right
- Aleksandr Pavlovich / Czar Alexander I / Alexander I = the czar of Russia whose plans to liberalize the government of Russia were unrealized because of the wars with Napoleon
- Alexander the Liberator / Czar Alexander II / Alexander II = the son of Nicholas I who, as czar of Russia, introduced reforms that included limited emancipation of the serfs
- Czar Alexander III / Alexander III = son of Alexander II who was czar of Russia
- Boris Fyodorovich Godunov / Boris Godunov / Godunov = czar of Russia
- Ivan Iv Vasilievich / Ivan the Terrible / Ivan IV = the first czar of Russia
- Czar Nicholas I / Nicholas I = czar of Russia from 1825 to 1855 who led Russia into the Crimean War
- Nicholas II = the last czar of Russia who was forced to abdicate in 1917 by the Russian Revolution
- Peter the Great / Czar Peter I / Peter I = czar of Russia who introduced ideas from western Europe to reform the government
Alternative definition of the noun tsar
- [historical] An emperor of Russia (before 1917) and of some South Slavic kingdoms.
- [figuratively] A person with great power; an autocrat.
- [informal, politics, US] An appointed official tasked to regulate or oversee a specific area.
"Tsar" is a 2009 Russian drama film directed by Pavel Lungin. It competed in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.
- also known as Ivan Groznyy i mitropilit Filipp
- country: Russia
- language: Russian Language
- producers: Pavel Lungin, Vasily Bernhardt, Olga Vasilieva
- art direction by Sergei Ivanov
- written by Alexei Viktorovich Ivanov
- Pyotr Mamonov as Ivan the Terrible
- Ville Haapasalo as Heinrich Staden
- Aleksandr Ilyin as Fedka Basmanov
- Aleksandr Domogarov as Aleksei Basmanov
- Anastasiya Dontsova as Masha
- Ivan Okhlobystin as Vassian
- Oleg Yankovsky as Metropolitanate Philipp
- Ramilya Iskander as Mariya Temryukovna
- Aleksei Frandetti as Kai-Bulat
- Yuriy Kuznetsov as Malyuta Skuratov
- Alexei Makarov as General Kolychev
- Andrey Bronnikov as Ilidor
- Aleksandr Makarov as Voevoda Buturlin
- Artyom Mazunov as Monk
- Aleksandr Negodailov as Ivan the Terrible
- cinematography by Tom Stern
- edited by Albina Antipenko
- music by Yuri Krasavin
- costume design by Yekaterina Dyminskaya & Natalya Dzyubenko
- genres: Political drama, Historical drama, Drama
- rating: 18+ (RU)
- released on (5 years ago)
- Nika Award for Best Film nomination for Pavel Lungin
- Nika Award for Best Costume Designer nomination for Natalya Dzyubenko & Yekaterina Dyminskaya
- Nika Award for Best Actor (Posthumously) nomination for Oleg Yankovsky
- Nika Award for Best Production Designer nomination for Sergei Ivanov
- Nika Award for Best Actor (Posthumously), received by Oleg Yankovsky
- Nika Award for Best Production Designer, received by Sergei Ivanov
- official website: www.tsarfilm.ru
"Tsar" is a book by Ted Bell.
- subject: Terrorism
- Tsar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Ivan Tsarevich & the Grey Wolf.
- Tsar is a fictional character of 1968 film Through Fire, Water and ... Brass Pipes.
- Tsar is a fictional character from the 1928 film Balaclava.
- Tsar is a fictional character from the 1969 film The Assassination Bureau.
"Tsar" is a musical album of Tsar.
- released on (14 years ago)
Tsar is a rock band formed in Los Angeles, California in 1998, with Jeff Whalen on lead vocals and guitar, Daniel Kern on vocals and guitar, Jeff Solomon on bass, and Steve Coulter on drums. They released an eponymous album on Hollywood Records in 2000, which, although a financial disappointment for the label, availed them a number of dedicated fans. Their songs 'Ordinary Gurl' and 'The Girl Who Wouldn't Die' were featured in the movie American Psycho 2. "Calling All Destroyers" was featured in the opening titles for Super.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tsar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ann Morrill
Tsagaan Tsar means “the white month,” the color white standing for purity, happiness, wealth, and well-being. Tsagaan Tsar is the start of the milk- producing and breeding period of cattle, and people hope that spring will bring an abundance ...
Assessing and Developing Communication and Thinking Skills in People with Autism and Communication Difficulties (2005)
A Toolkit for Parents and Professionals by Kate Silver
The TSAR is a tool and it may be used in the following ways: · It is possible to identify 'gaps' where there are weaknesses in skills. These gaps may then be targeted using the TSC. Relevant aims may then be incorporated into IEPs. · Because ...
With Topical Index by W. E. Vine, Merrill Unger
” Tsar is a general designation for “enemy.” The “enemy” may be a nation (2 Sam. 24:13) or, more rarely, the “opponent” of an individual (cf. Gen.
Dancing on the Earth (2011)
Women's Stories of Healing and Dance by Johanna Leseho, Sandra McMaster
(Tsar means leader of the ...
by Lawrence N. Langer
The tsar appointed the monastery's archimandrites, who ran the monastery's administration and commercial enterprises. The monastery boasted impressive fortifications and was an important military fortress for the north, repulsing foreign ...
by John Anthony McGuckin
One of the immediate results of the Russo-Polish War of 1654-67 and Russia's annexation of the Left-Bank Ukraine was the migration of Ukrainian learned ecclesiastics, associated with the Kiev Academy, to Moscow at the invitation of Tsar ...
Encyclopedia of Genetics (2014)
by Eric C.R. Reeve
Maternal lineage of Tsarina Alexandra, showing relationship to HRH Prince Philip who provided a reference blood sample. (B) Maternal lineage of Tsar Nicholas II, indicating individuals whose mtDNA sequences were determined.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tsar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tsar
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Tsar
Video shows what tsar means. An emperor of Russia (before 1917) and of some South Slavic kingdoms.. A person with great power; an autocrat.. An appointed ...
Quotes about Tsar
A drop of water in the eyes of the Tsar costs the country many handkerchiefs.
more quotes about tsar...
Scrabble value of T1S1A1R1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TSAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Tsar!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tsar to see it in context!