Under the Skin
is an acrostic for uts.
On this page:
- "Under the Skin" is a 2013 science fiction thriller art film directed by Jonathan Glazer, and written by Glazer and Walter Campbell as a loose adaptation of Michel Faber's 2000 novel of the same name. The film stars Scarlett Johansson as an alien seductress who preys on men in Scotland. Under the Skin was released in the UK on 14 March 2014 and the US on 4 April, and received positive reviews; it was named one of the best films of 2014 by several publications. The film competed for the Golden Lion at the 70th Venice International Film Festival.
- also known as Pod kožom, 皮囊之下, 皮下之慌, 肌膚下, 肌膚之下, Побудь в моїй шкірі, Под кожата
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom, Switzerland
- language: English Language
- producers: James Wilson & Nick Wechsler
- executive producers: Tessa Ross, Claudia Bluemhuber, Florian Dargel, Ian Hutchinson, Reno Antoniades & Walter Campbell
- production design by Chris Oddy
- art direction by Martin McNee & Emer O'Sullivan
- written by Walter Campbell & Jonathan Glazer
- based on "Under the Skin" by Michel Faber
- Scarlett Johansson as Laura
- Paul Brannigan as Andrew
- Jessica Mance as Alien
- Michael Moreland as The Quiet Man
- Scott Dymond as The Nervous Man
- Joe Szula
- Kryštof Hádek as The Swimmer
- Jeremy McWilliams as The Bad Man # 1
- Steve Keys as The Bad Man # 2
- Adam Pearson
- Marius Bincu
- Andrew Gorman
- Stephen Horn
- Oscar Mills
- Alison Chand
- casting by Kahleen Crawford
- cinematography by Daniel Landin
- edited by Paul Watts
- music by Micachu
- costume design by Steven Noble
- genres: Science Fiction, Horror, Thriller, Drama
- rating: R (USA), Teenager Restricted
- released on
- British Independent Film Award for Best Director nomination for Jonathan Glazer
- The British Independent Film Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film nomination for Scarlett Johansson
- British Independent Film Award for Best Technical Achievement (Sound Design) nomination for Johnnie Burn
- British Independent Film Award for Best Technical Achievement (Music) nomination for Micachu
- official website: undertheskinmovie.com
- "Under the Skin" is a 1997 British drama film written and directed by Carine Adler, starring Samantha Morton.
- countries: United Kingdom, Kingdom of Great Britain
- language: English Language
- directors: Carine Adler & Jonathan Glazer
- production design by John Paul Kelly
- art direction by Niall Moroney
- genres: Indie film, Erotic thriller, Drama
- released on (18 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- The Edinburgh International Film Festival Michael Powell Award for Best New British Feature Film, received by Carine Adler
- "Under the Skin", known as Meiwaku Seijin: Panikku Mēkā in Japan, is an action-adventure video game by Capcom. It was developed by the company's Production Studio 4, and released in 2004 for the PlayStation 2. Containing science fiction and comedy elements, the main character of the game's story is an extraterrestrial named Cosmi, sent from Planet Mischief to Earth to generally wreak havoc. The game features cameos from some of the cast of one of Capcom's other games, such as an entire level that functions as a parody of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
- also known as Meiwakuseijin: Panic Maker
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Capcom
- genres: Science Fiction, Action-adventure game, Action game
- publisher: Capcom
- released on (11 years ago)
"Under the Skin" is a 2000 surrealist novel by Michel Faber. Set in northern Scotland, it traces an extraterrestrial who, manifesting in human form, drives around the Scottish countryside picking up male hitchhikers whom she drugs and delivers to her home planet. The novel, which was Faber's debut, was shortlisted for the 2000 Whitbread Award. It was later adapted into a feature film by Jonathan Glazer.
- also known as Sotto La Pelle, Sous la peau, Bajo La Piel
- genres: Science Fiction, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subject: Scotland
- copyright: 2000
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Under the Skin" is the fourth solo album by American musician and Fleetwood Mac vocalist/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, released on October 3, 2006. The album, long delayed by Fleetwood Mac's reunion tour in the 1990s and 2003 album Say You Will, was his first solo release in 14 years. Under the Skin peaked at #80 on the Billboard 200 album chart in October 2006. "Show You How" was also released as a single but failed to chart.
- genre: Rock music
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Under The Skin" is the debut album of Ice, released in 1993 through Pathological Records.
- "Under the Skin" is a musical album of Micachu.
- released on
- "Under the Skin" is a musical album of Nichole Alden.
- "Under the Skin" is the 2003 video album by Skid Row.
- released in (13 years ago)
- Under the Skin is an Australian tv series.
- Under the Skin is a tv series.
- award: - AACTA Award for Best Screenplay in Television (For episode "The Long Ride") nomination for Tony Ayres
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Under the Skin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge : Illustrated with Upwards of 150 Elegant Engravings. A - B. 1 by William Nicholson
Sebacious glands are formed under the skin, in a few situations only, as about the nose and external ear. Hairs consist of an insensible excrescence produced from the cutis. Each 'hair grows from a small bulb, and is lengthened by means of ...
by John Nott
Then dress it under the Skin, which which may be breaded, or coloured. When it is ready to be serv'd up, add some Lemon Juice, or good Gravy. - 3. QIO miakt ( 5ammon. - ! -- TAKE small Slices of raw Gammon, beat them well, and toss them ...
Encyclopedia of Health (2010)
The rib cage lies under the skin of the chest. It is attached to the spine in the back and the breastbone in front. It is separated from the abdomen by the diaphragm. There are 12 ribs on each side of the rib cage. Between each two ribs is a sheet ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
and as an insulation layer under the skin.
by Poonam Dr. Jain
Major part is stored as lipids under the skin. FATTY ACID: End products of fat metabolism. FEATHER: Epidermal layer modified in birds to provide thermal insulation and colouration.
The New Universal English Dictionary ... To which is added, a dictionary of cant words ... The fourth edition, carefully corrected by Mr. Buchanan, etc (1760)
by Nathan BAILEY
the lying under the skin. SBU- DECU'PLE Properna" (in Make-man) is the reverse of Decuple proportion. SUBDIViS'ION, a dividing the parts of a thing already divided. SUBDXVlSlONS ( in Mz'sit.
by W. P. Cocks, Samuel Cooper
K naked under the skin. On the inner ...
A Dictionary of Scientific Terms, Pronunciation, Derivation, and Definition of Terms in Biology, Botony, Zoology, Anatomy, Cyctology, Embroyology, Physiology (1920)
by Isabella Ferguson Henderson, William Dawson Henderson
parasites living just under the skin ; appl. the external abdominal ring (anat.). subcuticular (süb'kütlk'ülär) a. [L. sub, under ; cutícula, the cuticle.] Under the epidermis or outer skin. subcutis (sübkü'tls) n. [L. sub ...
The Lupus Encyclopedia (2014)
A Comprehensive Guide for Patients and Families by Donald E. Thomas, Jr.
Doctors do not know why it de- posits in small collections under the skin of some SLE patients. It typically appears as small ...
by James Leslie (of Edinburgh.)
exuviae, reduviz; dealer in skins, fellmonger; of or belonging to the skin, cutaneous, cuticular; lying under the skin, subcutaneous; medicine to smooth the skin with, tetanothra, G.; hardness of the skin occasioned by much labour, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Under the Skin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Under the Skin
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Under the skin
Photo credit: Robbie1
- Under the skin
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
- Under the skin
Photo credit: Dirk Duckhorn
- All the same under the skin
Photo credit: carltonreid
- Under the skin of the forest
Erosion exposed tree roots
Photo credit: Ales Kladnik
- Chili-rubbed turkey with bacon butter under the skin
Photo credit: amberdegrace
- All are members of the same family under the skin
Photo credit: jitze
Quotes about Under the Skin
Well, I don't know. It's long, it's longer than both of the other books put together, so it's more ambitious. I think I get under the skin of the people a lot more than in the other books. (Cory Doctorow)