The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective unfree and its most common antonym:
On this page:
Definition of the adjective unfree
What does unfree mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- held in servitude
- hampered and not free; not able to act at will
- antonym: free
- similar: adscript / adscripted; apprenticed / articled / bound / indentured; at bay / cornered / trapped / treed; captive / confined / imprisoned / jailed; entangled; nonautonomous / nonsovereign; prisonlike; serflike
- attribute: freedom = the condition of being free
- see also: bound; confined; dependent; restricted
Alternative definition of the adjective unfree
- Not free; especially of a tenant who was bound to a manor.
Printed books with definitions for Unfree
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
"Like Parchment in the Fire" (2006)
Literature and Radicalism in the English Civil War by Prasanta Chakravarty
To be unfree means to be dependent on somebody else's powers and pleasures.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unfree
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Unfree
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Xjs-Khaos
View more pictures about Ireland Unfree.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Unfree
Video shows what unfree means. Not free, especially of a tenant who was bound to a manor.. Unfree Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Unfree!
Scrabble value of U1N1F4R1E1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of UNFREE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- FEN RUE
See also the blanagrams of Unfree!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Unfree to learn how to say it correctly!