United Arab Emirates
On this page:
- Phrases with United Arab Emirates
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for United Arab Emirates
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for United Arab Emirates
- Photos about United Arab Emirates
- Videos about United Arab Emirates
- Sign language
- Quotes about United Arab Emirates
- Share this page
The United Arab Emirates, sometimes simply called the Emirates or the UAE, is a country located in the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf, bordering Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south, as well as sharing sea borders with Qatar and Iran. In 2013, the UAE's total population was 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates from around the world.
- also known as UAE, Emirates
- founded on (44 years ago)
- part of Asia, Arabian Peninsula, Middle East, Arab world, Eurasia, Southern Sun Hotel Group, Arabia, Gulf States
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- read more about United Arab Emirates (country)
Phrases with United Arab Emirates
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for United Arab Emirates
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ragaei el Mallakh
Although the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has a population of around 1 million, its oil reserves are greater than those of the United States. Given its high economic growth rate, the United Arab Emirates is an excellent laboratory in which to test ...
by Frank Clements
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Abdullah, Muhammad Morsy. The United Arab Emirates: A Modern History. London: Croom Helm; New York: Barnes and Noble, 1978. Alkim, Hassan Hamdan.
by Don Rubin (Series Editor)
A federation founded in 1971 and consisting of seven emirates—Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Qawain, Ajman and Fujairah—the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is lo- cated on the Arabian Gulf and shares borders with ...
by Irving Epstein
THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Toni Briegel NATIONAL PROFILE The United Arab Emirates (UAE), a young country with high aspirations for playing a pivotal role in the global marketplace, is beginning to face some of the social issues ...
Over 9,000 terms clearly defined by Bloomsbury Publishing
Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Tajikistan Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America Uruguay Uzbekistan Venezuela Vietnam Yemen ...
The World's Population: An Encyclopedia of Critical Issues, Crises, and Ever-Growing Countries (2014)
by Fred M. Shelley
Dubai joined the United Arab Emirates in 1971 only under the condition that Dubai be allowed to maintain its status as a duty-free port. Dubai's trading activities along with profits from the extraction of oil deposits first found and exploited in the ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
/ United Arab Emirates University, ...
by Collins, V.R.
USA Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Dalaman, Turkey Dohar, Qatar Dresden, Germany Darwin, Australia Dortmund, Germany Detroit, MI, USA Dublin, Ireland Durban, South Africa Dusseldorf, Germany Dubai, United Arab Emirates San Sebastian, ...
by David Seddon
seven in Arabia ( Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates,Oman, Qatar, Bahrain and Yemen), ...
by John Owen Edward Clark
Uganda shilling USh 100 cents Ukraine hryvna G 100 kopiykas United Arab Emirates UAE dirham ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for United Arab Emirates
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about United Arab Emirates
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about United Arab Emirates
Click on an item to play that video:
- United Arab Emirates Meaning
Video shows what United Arab Emirates means. A country in the Middle East. Official name: The United Arab Emirates; abbreviation: UAE, the Emirates.. United ...
- United Arab Emirates A-Bomb meaning and pronunciation
When one consumes a gargantuan amount of chicken wings, causing them to release a fecal dump larger than the United Arab Emirates. United Arab Emirates ...
See also the pronunciation examples of United Arab Emirates!
Sign Language for Cities of United Arab Emirates
Sign Language for Cities of United Arab Emirates.
Quotes about United Arab Emirates
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of United Arab Emirates to see it in context!