On this page:
- Ursula is the main villain in the Disney animated movie "The Little Mermaid". She is a witch with the lower body of an octopus. She is old and fat. Ariel is in love with Prince Eric, but, obviously, she can't meet him as a mermaid. So, she sells her voice to Ursula in exchange for her turning her into a human. However, Ursula turns herself into a young, pretty human named Vanessa, seduces Eric, and they decide to get married in his ship. On the day of the wedding, Ariel pulls out Ursula's necklace, breaking the spell and reverting her to her treue form. Angry, she grows to giant size and tries to sink the ship, but Eric drives the mast over her octopus body, impaling her and killing her. In the end, Ariel's father, King Triton, realizes that not all the people from the land are evil, and uses his magical trident to turn Ariel into a human. She married Eric soon after. The television series "The Little Mermaid" tells us Ariel's previous runs-in with Ursula before she met Eric. She is one of the guests in "House of Mouse", and was one of the Disney villains featured in "House of Villains". She appears in all three "Kingdom Hearts" videogames. In "Kingdom Hearts", Ursula tries to use the Heartless to take over Atlantica, but Ariel, Sora, Goofy and Donald defeat her. In "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories", Ursula tries to use the Heartless to get revenge, but the heroes defeat her again. In "Kingdom Hearts II", Ursula tries to take over Atlantica without the Heartless this time, but Eric kills her by driving Triton's trident throught her body. Her hebchmen are the two eels, Floatsam and Jetsam. Unlike most Disney villains, Ursula treats them with respect and love.
- also known as The Sea Witch
- created by John Musker, Hans Christian Andersen, Ron Clements
- in films:
- Ursula is a fictional character from the book Much Ado About Nothing, appearing in several related movies and plays.
- Ursula is a fictional character from the 1962 film Love at Twenty.
- Ursula a.k.a. Úrsula is a fictional character from the 2011 film Sleep Tight.
- Ursula is a fictional character from the 2012 film Cloud Atlas.
- Ursula is a fictional character in the 2004 film Spider-Man 2 and 2007 film Spider-Man 3.
- Ursula is a fictional character from the 1958 film The Night Heaven Fell.
- Ursula is a fictional character from the 1989 film Kiki's Delivery Service.
- "Ursula" is an album by American jazz pianist Mal Waldron recorded in 1969 and released on the French Musica label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (46 years ago)
- "Ursula" is a musical EP of Laura Barrett.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Ursula" is a composition.
- music by Miles Davis
- Ursula a.k.a. Uschi Digard is a former softcore porn star and model mostly known for her roles in Russ Meyer films. She was born in Switzerland of Swiss-French heritage.
- also known as Ursula Digard, Debbie Bowman, Astrid, Briget, Brigette, Ann Biggs, Clarissa, Uschi Dansk, Debbie, Britt, Marie Brown, Ushi Devon, Julia Digaid, Uschi Digart, Ushi Digant, Uschi Digaid, Ushie Digard, Ushi Digard, Alicia Digart, Ushi Digert, Gina, Ushi Digart, Fiona, Beatrice Dunn, Uschi Digger, Francine Franklin, Sheila Gramer, Jobi, Astrid Lillimore, Astrid Lillimor, Cynthia Jones, Karin, Glenda, Ilsa, Ushi Inger, Ves Pray, Lola, Olga, Marie Marceau, Sally Martin, Marni, Mindy, H. Sohl, Sonja, Heide Sohl, Sherrie, U. Heidi Sohler, Barbara Que, Susie, Heidi Sohler
- born on (66 years ago) in Saltsjö-Duvnäs
- ethnicity: Swedes
- nationality: Sweden
- profession: Pornographic film actor, film producer
- Marriage with Ron
- Ursula a.k.a. Úrsula is a Spanish hip-hop artist.
- read more about Úrsula (singer)
- Ursula a.k.a. Helga Sven is a pornographic film actress and adult magazine model, best known for her mature and over 40 sub-genre work.
- read more about Helga Sven
- Ursula is the wife of Stéphane Freiss.
- Ursula a.k.a. Úrsula is a musical group.
- read more about Úrsula
- Ursula is a musical group.
- albums: "Armastan end aeglaselt", "Annamemenõu"
- Ursula is a large crater on Uranus's moon Titania. It is about 135 km across, and is cut by Belmont Chasma. It is named after attendant on Hero in William Shakespeare's comedy Much Ado About Nothing.
- also known as 烏蘇拉撞擊坑
- Ursula a.k.a. Úrsula is a fictional character in the TV series Skimo. She is a main protagonist in the show, and is portrayed by actress Tatiana Martinez.
Phrases with Ursula
- Arctia Ursula
- Baccha Ursula
- Lamyra Ursula
- Myonia Ursula
- Neptis Ursula
- Sauris Ursula
- Tegosa Ursula
- Gegenes Ursula
- Laphria Ursula
- Maruina Ursula
- Zafrona Ursula
- Cymaenes Ursula
- Dynomene Ursula
- Epidesma Ursula
- Malthaca Ursula
- Pamphila Ursula
- Anthomyia Ursula
- Limenitis Ursula
- Quichuana Ursula
- Anacampsis Ursula
View more phrases with the word Ursula in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ursula
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Grammar Builder Level 1 (2005)
by Adibah Amin, Rosemary Eravelly, Farida J Ibrahim
Ursula is a teacher.
by Neil Roberts
Ursula is a schoolteacher; Gudrun is a ...
No Human Enemy (2008)
by John Gardner
Mother Ursula is an old lady now and Sister Eve is not ...
MCSA 70-687 Cert Guide (2014)
Configuring Microsoft Windows 8.1 by Don Poulton, Randy Bellet, Harry Holt
Ursula is a consultant in charge ...
by Kelly A. Parker
DEDUCTION RULE: M is P; CASE: S is M; RESULT: S is P For example: all bears are dangerous; Ursula is a bear; therefore, Ursula is dangerous.
by F. Hammill, A. Sponenberg, E. Miskimmin
Burdekin, Kay, see Burdekin, Katherine Burford, Eleanor Alice, see Plaidy, Jean Burns, Sheila, see Bloom, Ursula Carnie, Ethel, see Holdsworth, Ethel Carnie Carr, Jolyon, see Pargeter, ...
by Sir Leslie Stephen
Ursula and a ...
Exemplary Lives and Memorable Acts, 1500-1650 by Carole Levin, Anna Riehl Bertolet, Jo Eldridge Carney
URSULA KEMPE (d. 1582) Ursula Kempe, a local midwife and healer, was accused of witchcraft in what would become one of the major cases of witchcraft accusations in the Chelmsford area ...
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
KUCZYNSKI, URSULA • 117 KUCZYNSKI, URSULA. A GRU illegal who acted as a courier for Klaus Fuchs and Melita Norwood, Ursula Kuczynski arrived in Oxford in January 1941 via Lisbon and Gibraltar as a refugee from Switzerland, with ...
by R. C. S. Trahair
See also FUCHS, EMIL JULIUS KLAUS; KUCZYNSKI, URSULA RUTH Sources: Mahoney, Harry T., and Marjorie L. Mahoney, Biographic Dictionary of Espionage (San Francisco: Austin & Winfield, 1998); Pincher, Chapman, Traitors: The ...
Studies in Honour of Leonhard Lipka by Wolfgang Falkner, Hans-Jörg Schmid
URSULA. LENKER. 1. Introduction1 It is generally held that human language is both a systematic and a cultural phenome- non, and that both these characteristics need to be borne in mind when addressing the question of linguistic change ...
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Ursula, St. St. Ursula and the eleven thousand virgins. Ursula was a legendary ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ursula
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of U1R1S1U1L1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of URSULA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ursula!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ursula to see it in context!