Vénus appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Suneva, Nina is sure Russian in a Venus.
- Sun a rude vase nut pen; Saturn is Mars, uneven if as acidic as a fine Venus: rams in rut as Neptune saved Uranus.
On this page:
Vénus is sometimes a misspelling of genius.
Definition of the noun Vénus
What does Vénus mean as a name of something?
Venus is a genus of Veneridae.
- synonym: genus Venus
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is the Roman goddess whose functions encompassed love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and desire. In Roman mythology, she was the mother of the Roman people through her son, Aeneas, who survived the fall of Troy and fled to Italy. Julius Caesar claimed her as his ancestor. Venus was central to many religious festivals, and was venerated in Roman religion under numerous cult titles.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus, Venus de Milo, or Mei Pieh Chi is a fictional character within the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. Her bandana is Aqua colored and is braided in the back to resemble a ponytail. She appears in the television series Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, as well as a few books. She is the only turtle named after a work of art, and not an artist,.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is the name of two fictional characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The first originally based on the goddess Venus from Roman and Greek mythology was retconned to actually be a siren that only resembles the goddess. The second is stated to be the true goddess, who now wishes only to be referred to by her Greek name, Aphrodite. The similarities between the two characters are a point of conflict in the comics. Venus was ranked eighth in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list, although this list does not specify which version of the character was chosen.
- created by Carlo Pagulayan
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is a fictional character, opera character, book character, film character, theater character.
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a 1996 play by Suzan-Lori Parks.
- subject: Drama
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a science fiction novel by Ben Bova, part of the Grand Tour novel series and first published in the year 2000. The story follows Van Humphries, the son of the ruthless tycoon Martin Humphries, and his experiences on Venus.
- also known as "Venus (The Grand Tour)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Space opera, Venus
- copyright: 2000-02
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a 2006 British comedy-drama film starring Peter O'Toole, Leslie Phillips, Vanessa Redgrave and Jodie Whittaker. It is directed by Roger Michell and written by Hanif Kureishi.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Kevin Loader
- executive producers: Charles Moore, Miles Ketley, Scott Rudin & Tessa Ross
- production design by John Paul Kelly
- art direction by Emma MacDevitt
- written by Hanif Kureishi
- Leslie Phillips as Ian
- Vanessa Redgrave as Valerie
- Peter O'Toole as Maurice
- Jodie Whittaker as Jessie
- Sam Spruell as Hospital Director
- Richard Griffiths as Donald
- Cathryn Bradshaw as Jillian
- Lolita Chakrabarti as Health Centre Nurse #1
- Ashley Madekwe as Royal Court Actress #2
- Carolina Giammetta as Health Centre Nurse #2
- Beatrice Savoretti as Waitress
- Philip Fox as Doctor
- Kellie Shirley as Royal Court Actress #1
- Ony Uhiara as Royal Court Actress #3
- Joanna Croll as Hospital Drama Family #1
- Liam McKenna as Hospital Drama Family #2
- Meg Wynn Owen as Hospital Drama Family #3
- Tom Brooke as Hospital Runner
- Harvey Virdi as Art School Teacher
- Emma Buckley as Shop Assistant
- Marlene Sidaway as Hospital Nurse #1
- Sam Kenyon as Period Film Protégé
- Andrea Riseborough as Period Film Lover #1
- Tom Mison as Period Film Lover #2
- Paul Chahidi as Period Film Director
- Piers Harrisson as Film Runner
- Bronson Webb as Jessie's Boyfriend
- Tim Faraday as Policeman
- Didier Dell Benjamin as Clubber
- Naresh Bhana as Tatoo Artist
- Garry Marriott as Paramedic
- Benn Northover as Charles
- Jo Price as Mourner
- Christine Bottomley as Hospital Nurse #2
- Daniel Cerqueira as Surgeon
- casting by Fiona Weir
- cinematography by Haris Zambarloukos
- edited by Nicolas Gaster
- music by Corinne Bailey Rae, David Arnold
- costume design by Natalie Ward
- set decoration by Sophie Phillips
- genres: Black comedy, Indie film, Romance Film, Comedy, Comedy-drama, Drama
- tagline: The most acclaimed actor of his generation in the role of a lifetime
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Actor (Role: Maurice) nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture – Drama (role: Maurice) nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actor nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Satellite Award for Best Film – Musical or Comedy nomination for Miramax
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Role: Maurice) nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Satellite Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical (Role: Jessie) nomination for Jodie Whittaker
- British Independent Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Peter O'Toole
- British Independent Film Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Hanif Kureishi
- British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer nomination for Jodie Whittaker
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama nomination for Peter O'Toole
- British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actor / Actress nomination for Leslie Phillips
- British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actor / Actress nomination for Vanessa Redgrave
- British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actor / Actress, received by Leslie Phillips
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is an Israeli TV mini-series directed by Gur Bentwich.
- also known as Tropic of Venus, Besiman Venus
- begun on (9 years ago)
- regular cast: Yehuda Levi as Yoav Neuman
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a 2010 animated short film written by Sissel D. Thomsen and directed by Tor Fruergaard.
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- producer: Senia Dremstrup
- production design by Jesper Clausen
- written by Sissel Dalsgaard Thomsen
- cinematography by Sturla Brandth Grøvlen
- edited by Rebekka Lønqvist Rønning
- music by Nicklas Schmidt
- genres: Animation, Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a 2010 short film written and directed by Jessica Oreck.
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a 2013 short narrative film directed by Blake Bassett.
- country: United States of America
- released on
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a drama film directed by Yuzuru Hayakawa.
- also known as Kinsei
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- genre: Drama
- rating: G
- released on
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a 1969 song by the Dutch band Shocking Blue which the group took to number one in nine countries in 1970.
- music and lyrics by Robert Van Leeuwen
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a song written by Lady Gaga with Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Hugo Leclercq, Dino Zisis, Nick Monson and Sun Ra.
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is a song written by Ed Marshall and Peter DeAngelis. The most successful and best-known recording of the track was done by Frankie Avalon and released in 1959.
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is the first album by We Are The Fury. It was released on May 22, 2007.
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is Tackey & Tsubasa's sixth single under the Avex Trax label.
- "Vénus" a.k.a. "Venus" is an album that won the award for International Single of the Year in the 1987 Juno Awards.
- "Vénus" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- Vénus a.k.a. Angelica Costello is an American pornographic actress who was the Penthouse Pet of the Month for June 1999. She is often credited under the name Venus.
- also known as Venus, Venus Rising, Venus Pet, Venus Knight, Crystal Craft, Angela Costello, Miss Venus
- born on (37 years ago) in Plattsburgh
- ethnicity: Italian people, Native Americans in the United States
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Pornographic film actor, nude glamour model
- award: - Penthouse Pet of the Month
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is the daughter of Solveig Dommartin.
- child of Solveig Dommartin
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus was a band created in 1997 by five artists hailing from Brussels, Belgium. The original goal of the band was to create an original sound that expressed different emotions through several instruments including guitar, violin, double bass, organ, percussion, synth, and a host of others. Also using the scenography talents of former member Patric Carpentier to create visual emotion through their live performances. Although not well known in the United States they have had success with releases Beautiful Days and Wanda Wultz from their Capitol record label release in 2003, Vertigone. The single Beautiful Days was also a track featured in the film Immortel, which is based on the popular futuristic and Ancient Egyptian styled Enki Bilal comic series. The band's name is in reference and inspired from the Velvet Underground track, Venus in furs.
- Vénus a.k.a. Vênus were a Brazilian heavy metal group from Teresina, active during the 1980s. They were the first band from the Brazilian Northeast to record a heavy metal album and were very influential on the local music scene.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is a musical group.
- albums: "Való Világ 3", "A világ közepén", "Egy új érzés"
- Vénus a.k.a. VENUS is a musical group.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is a town in Ellis and Johnson Counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 2,960 in 2010.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is an unincorporated community in southeastern Highlands County, Florida, United States.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is a Venue in Manchester.
- also known as Venus Nightclub Manchester, Venus Manchester
- Vénus a.k.a. VENUS is an Aviation waypoint.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is a super yacht designed by Philippe Starck's design company Ubik and built by Feadship for the entrepreneur Steve Jobs. However, Jobs died in October 2011, the yacht was unveiled a year later at a cost of more than €100 million.
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is the name of Sirius XM Radio's Rhythmic Top 40 channel. The service dubuted on July 17, 2014.
- official website: www.siriusxm.com/venus
- Vénus a.k.a. Venus is a twelve-story-high mural painting by Knox Martin on the south side of Bayview Correctional Facility at 19th Street and Eleventh Avenue in Manhattan, New York City.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vénus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Entertaining Lisbon (2016)
Music, Theater, and Modern Life in the Late 19th Century by Joao Silva
Vénus is a Portuguese version of Frau Venus, a German play by Oscar Blumenthal and Ernst Pasqué that premièred in the Teatro de D. Amélia in 1905. The adaptation was made by Acácio Antunes and Augusto Machado.138 Programs, ...
Lonely Planet South Pacific (2016)
by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Brett Atkinson, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Paul Harding, Craig McLachlan, Tamara Sheward
Today Pointe Vénus is a popular beach stop. There are shady trees, a stretch of lawn, a blacksand beach, a couple of souvenir shops and an impressive lighthouse (1867). NATURAL SITE Arahoho Blowhole ( MAP GOOGLE MAP ; PK22) ...
by T. Hargreaves
Monsieur Vénus is a narrative that continuously gestures to a series of sexual, gender and erotic transformations, but does so indecisively, since transgression is, in the end, rewarded by alienation. Describing the fate of the androgyne in the ...
Dirt for Art's Sake (2012)
Books on Trial from "Madame Bovary" to "Lolita" by Elisabeth Ladenson
As its title suggests, Monsieur Vénus is a gender-bending novel. It was published in 1884, written by the twenty-four-year-old Marguerite Eymery under the pseudonym Rachilde. The novel, which was found guilty as charged (“offenses against ...
Life & Luxury in the Eighteenth Century by Charissa Bremer-David
La Toilette de Vénus is a genre painting elevated to the status of history painting; like the contemporary toilette scenes discussed above, it exudes abundance, luxury, and exoticism ...
Dictionary-catalogue of Operas and Operettas which Have Been Performed on the Public Stage: Libretti (1910)
Vénus. (Otherwise: Fêtes ...
Du Moulin to Franklin
Du PETIT-THOUARS Voyage autour du monde sur la frégate la Vénus, pendant les années 1836—1839 publié par ordre du roi, sous les auspices du ministre de la marine, par M. Abel du Petit-Thouars, capitaine de ...
A Catalogue of Books, the property of the author of the Commercial Dictionary [i.e. J. R. MacCulloch]. [With a portrait.] (1856)
VENUS : Mémoire sur Vénus, ses Attributs, son Culte, ...
by Hanneke J.G. Baretta-Bekker, Egbert K. Duursma, Bouwe R. Kuipers
Vénus Expedition (1836–1839) ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
In this area, La Roue, Un Grand Amour de Beethoven, and La Vénus Aveugle are truly impressive. They dealwith emotional ...
by Marco Rimanelli
Ni Mars, ni Vénus, mais une Puissance “Tranquille” Partenaire de s0n Allié Américaine. Collection of Military Researchers, no. 5; Paris: Editions des Riaux, September 2004.Nicolson, Harold. Diplomacy. London: Oxford University Press, 1960.
by John Gunn
de Vénus, Coufin upper level). The Messinian fall in the base level ( 110 m below the present sea level in the Rh6ne valley) occurred during the main Rhodanian uplift (c. 5—6 million years ago). It caused valley entrenchment and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vénus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Vénus
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vénus to see it in context!