On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun va
What does va mean as a name of something?
- a state in the eastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies; one of the Confederate States in the American Civil War
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- alternative spelling: Va.
- scientific name: Virginia
- synonyms of VA: Old Dominion / Old Dominion State
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; South = the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line
- Shenandoah National Park = a national park in Virginia for the Blue Ridge Mountains
- capital of Virginia / Richmond = capital of the state of Virginia located in the east central part of the state
- Blacksburg = a university town in southwestern Virginia (west of Roanoke) in the Allegheny Mountains
- Jamestown = a former village on the James River in Virginia to the north of Norfolk
- Newport News = a port city in southeastern Virginia at the mouth of the James River off Hampton Roads
- Norfolk = port city located in southeastern Virginia on the Elizabeth River at the mouth of Chesapeake Bay
- Lynchburg = a city in central Virginia
- Portsmouth = a port city in southeastern Virginia on the Elizabeth River opposite Norfolk; naval base
- Roanoke = a city in southwestern Virginia
- Virginia Beach = the largest city in Virginia; long overshadowed by Norfolk but growing rapidly since 1970; with 28 miles of public beaches tourism is a major factor in the economy
- Bull Run = a creek in northeastern Virginia where two battles were fought in the American Civil War
- Chancellorsville = a village in northeastern Virginia
- Fredericksburg = a town in northeastern Virginia on the Rappahannock River
- Petersburg = a town in southeastern Virginia
- Spotsylvania = a village in northeastern Virginia where battles were fought during the American Civil War
- Yorktown = a historic village in southeastern Virginia to the north of Newport News
- Mount Vernon = the former residence of George Washington in northeastern Virginia overlooking the Potomac river
- Allegheny Mountains / Alleghenies = the western part of the Appalachian Mountains
- Blue Ridge Mountains / Blue Ridge = a range of the Appalachians extending from southern Pennsylvania to northern Georgia
- Chesapeake Bay = a large inlet of the North Atlantic between Virginia and Maryland
- Clinch River = a river that rises in southwestern Virginia and flows generally southwestward across eastern Tennessee to the Tennessee River
- Elizabeth River = a short river in southeastern Virginia flowing between Norfolk and Portsmouth into Hampton Roads
- Hampton Roads = a channel in southeastern Virginia through which the Elizabeth River and the James River flow into Chesapeake Bay
- James River / James = a river in Virginia that flows east into Chesapeake Bay at Hampton Roads
- Potomac River / Potomac = a river in the east central United States
- Rappahannock River / Rappahannock = a river that flows across eastern Virginia into the Tidewater region
- Shenandoah River = a river of northern Virginia that empties into the Potomac at Harpers Ferry
- Shenandoah Valley = a large valley between the Allegheny Mountains and the Blue Ridge Mountains in northern Virginia
- member of: Confederacy / Confederate States / Confederate States of America / Dixie / Dixieland / South = the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- the United States federal department responsible for the interests of military veterans; created in 1989
Other definitions of va
What does va also mean?
- [geography] Virginia, a state of the United States of America.
- VA a.k.a. Virginia, officially the Commonwealth of Virginia, is a U.S. state located in the South Atlantic region of the United States. Virginia is nicknamed the "Old Dominion" due to its status as a former dominion of the English Crown, and "Mother of Presidents" due to the most U.S. presidents having been born there. The geography and climate of the Commonwealth are shaped by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Chesapeake Bay, which provide habitat for much of its flora and fauna. The capital of the Commonwealth is Richmond; Virginia Beach is the most populous city, and Fairfax County is the most populous political subdivision. The Commonwealth's estimated population as of 2013 is over 8.2 million.
- read more about Virginia (state)
- Va a.k.a. Vatican City, officially Vatican City State, informally known as simply Vatican, a walled enclave within the city of Rome, with an area of approximately 44 hectares, and a population of 842, is the smallest internationally recognized independent state in the world by both area and population.
- also known as State of the Vatican City; Holy See; Vatican City, Rome; Citta del Vaticano
- founded on (85 years ago)
- part of Europe, Eurasia, Holy See, State of the Vatican City, The Holy See
- instance of: city / metropolis / urban center = a large and densely populated urban area
- part: Vatican Palace / Vatican = the residence of the Catholic Pope in the Vatican City
- read more about Vatican City (country)
- Va a.k.a. Vä is a former town in Scania, now a village in the municipality of Kristianstad, ca 5 km south west of the town of Kristianstad. The name stems from the old Danish word wæ, meaning cult place or holy ground.
Who is Va?
VA a.k.a. Vince Allen is an actor, film director, film producer and sports massage therapist.
- read more about Vince Allen (actor)
- Va a.k.a. Viasa: Venezolana Internacional de Aviación Sociedad Anónima, or VIASA for short, was the Venezuelan flag carrier between 1960 and 1997. It was headquartered in the Torre Viasa in Caracas. Launched in 1960, it was nationalised in 1975 due to financial problems, and re-privatised in 1991, with the major stake going to Iberia. The company ceased operations in January 1997, and went into liquidation.
- Va a.k.a. Virgin Australia Airlines, formerly Virgin Blue Airlines, is Australia's second-largest airline as well as the largest by fleet size to use the Virgin brand. Now based in Bowen Hills, Brisbane, the airline was co-founded by British businessman Richard Branson, the founder of parent Virgin Group and former Virgin Blue CEO Brett Godfrey. It was established in 2000 with two aircraft operating on a single route, and suddenly found itself catapulted to the position of Australia's second airline after the collapse of Ansett Australia in September 2001. The airline has grown to directly serve 29 cities in Australia from hubs in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, using a fleet of narrow-body Boeing and Embraer jets; and Airbus and Boeing widebody jets.
- also known as Virgin Australia, Virgin Blue Airlines, Virgin Blue
- official website: www.virginblue.com.au
- Va a.k.a. V Australia was a long haul international airline owned by Virgin Australia Holdings.
- official website: www.vaustralia.com.au
- "Va" a.k.a. "Vá" is a composition.
- "Va" a.k.a. "Va?!" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Johan Johansson
- "VA" is a musical album of Slainte Mhath.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "VA" is a musical album of The Last Bison.
- released on
"Va" is a 2010 Indian Tamil-language comedy drama film written and directed by Pushkar-Gayathri. It stars Shiva, SPB Charan and Lekha Washington in the lead roles, with Kalyan, John Vijay and Abhinayashree essaying supporting roles. The film's story takes place in one night, in which a man, with the help of his would-be brother-in-law, hunts for a last liquor before leaving to Saudi Arabia.
- also known as Va Quarter Cutting, Va: Quarter Cutting
- country: India
- language: Tamil Language
- directors: Gayatri & Pushkar
- producer: S. Sashikanth
- written by Gayatri & Pushkar
- cinematography by Nirav Shah
- edited by Anthony
- music by G. V. Prakash Kumar
- genres: Comedy, Tamil cinema, World cinema
- released on (4 years ago)
- VA a.k.a. Valenciennes FC: Valenciennes Football Club is a French association football club based in Valenciennes.
- read more about Valenciennes FC
- va: .va is the Internet country code top-level domain for the State of the Vatican City. It is administered by the Internet Office of the Holy See.
- also known as .va
- official website: www.vatican.va
- VA a.k.a. Vanillic acid is a dihydroxybenzoic acid derivative used as a flavoring agent. It is an oxidized form of vanillin. It is also an intermediate in the production of vanillin from ferulic acid.
- read more about Vanillic acid
- Va a.k.a. Wa Language is an human language.
- read more about Wa Language
- Va a.k.a. cytochrome c oxidase subunit Va is a gene.
- also known as cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide, mitochondrial precursor
Scrabble value of V4A1
The value of this 2-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.