Venus appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Suneva, Nina is sure Russian in a Venus.
- Sun a rude vase nut pen; Saturn is Mars, uneven if as acidic as a fine Venus: rams in rut as Neptune saved Uranus.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun venus
- Phrases with Venus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Venus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Venus
- Photos about Venus
- Videos about Venus
- Quotes about Venus
- Scrabble value of V4E1N1U1S1
- Anagrams of VENUS
- Share this page
Venus is sometimes a misspelling of genius.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun venus
What does venus mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- venus: venuses
- Venus: Venuses
- the second nearest planet to the sun; it is peculiar in that its rotation is slow and retrograde (in the opposite sense of the Earth and all other planets except Uranus); it is visible from Earth as an early `morning star' or an `evening star'
- example: before it was known that they were the same object the evening star was called Venus and the morning star was called Lucifer
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- instance of: inferior planet = any of the planets whose orbit lies inside the earth's orbit; terrestrial planet = a planet having a compact rocky surface like the Earth's
- member of: solar system = the sun with the celestial bodies that revolve around it in its gravitational field
- goddess of love; counterpart of Greek Aphrodite
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- scientific name: Urania
- instance of: Roman deity = a deity worshipped by the ancient Romans
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- type genus of the family Veneridae: genus of edible clams with thick oval shells
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Venus: genus Venus
- more generic term: mollusk genus = a genus of mollusks
- member of: family Veneridae / Veneridae = hard-shell clams
- member: Mercenaria mercenaria / Venus mercenaria / hard-shell clam / round clam / hard clam / quahaug / quahog = an edible American clam
Alternative definition of the noun venus
- Any of the bivalve molluscs in the genus Venus or family Veneridae.
- Venus is the Roman goddess whose functions encompassed love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and desire. In Roman mythology, she was the mother of the Roman people through her son, Aeneas, who survived the fall of Troy and fled to Italy. Julius Caesar claimed her as his ancestor. Venus was central to many religious festivals, and was venerated in Roman religion under numerous cult titles.
- Venus, Venus de Milo, or Mei Pieh Chi is a fictional character within the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. Her bandana is Aqua colored and is braided in the back to resemble a ponytail. She appears in the television series Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, as well as a few books. She is the only turtle named after a work of art, and not an artist,.
- Venus is the name of two fictional characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The first originally based on the goddess Venus from Roman and Greek mythology was retconned to actually be a siren that only resembles the goddess. The second is stated to be the true goddess, who now wishes only to be referred to by her Greek name, Aphrodite. The similarities between the two characters are a point of conflict in the comics. Venus was ranked eighth in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list, although this list does not specify which version of the character was chosen.
- created by Carlo Pagulayan
- Venus is a fictional character, opera character, book character, film character, theater character.
There are other characters with in their name, like venus a, Venus Envy, Black Venus, Venus Smith, Sailor Venus, Venus Flytrap, Venus Johnson, Princess Venus, Venus Dee Milo, Venus Bluegenes, Venus Ardanowski.
- "Venus" is a play by Suzan-Lori Parks.
- subject: Drama
- "Venus" is a science fiction novel by Ben Bova, part of the Grand Tour novel series and first published in the year 2000. The story follows Van Humphries, the son of the ruthless tycoon Martin Humphries, and his experiences on Venus.
- also known as "Venus (The Grand Tour)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Space opera, Venus
- copyright: 2000-02
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Venus" is a 2006 British comedy-drama film starring Peter O'Toole, Leslie Phillips, Vanessa Redgrave and Jodie Whittaker. It is directed by Roger Michell and written by Hanif Kureishi.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Kevin Loader
- executive producers: Charles Moore, Miles Ketley, Scott Rudin & Tessa Ross
- production design by John Paul Kelly
- art direction by Emma MacDevitt
- written by Hanif Kureishi
- Leslie Phillips as Ian
- Vanessa Redgrave as Valerie
- Peter O'Toole as Maurice
- Jodie Whittaker as Jessie
- Sam Spruell as Hospital Director
- Richard Griffiths as Donald
- Cathryn Bradshaw as Jillian
- Lolita Chakrabarti as Health Centre Nurse #1
- Ashley Madekwe as Royal Court Actress #2
- Carolina Giammetta as Health Centre Nurse #2
- Beatrice Savoretti as Waitress
- Philip Fox as Doctor
- Kellie Shirley as Royal Court Actress #1
- Ony Uhiara as Royal Court Actress #3
- Joanna Croll as Hospital Drama Family #1
- Liam McKenna as Hospital Drama Family #2
- Meg Wynn Owen as Hospital Drama Family #3
- Tom Brooke as Hospital Runner
- Harvey Virdi as Art School Teacher
- Emma Buckley as Shop Assistant
- Marlene Sidaway as Hospital Nurse #1
- Sam Kenyon as Period Film Protégé
- Andrea Riseborough as Period Film Lover #1
- Tom Mison as Period Film Lover #2
- Paul Chahidi as Period Film Director
- Piers Harrisson as Film Runner
- Bronson Webb as Jessie's Boyfriend
- Tim Faraday as Policeman
- Didier Dell Benjamin as Clubber
- Naresh Bhana as Tatoo Artist
- Garry Marriott as Paramedic
- Benn Northover as Charles
- Jo Price as Mourner
- Christine Bottomley as Hospital Nurse #2
- Daniel Cerqueira as Surgeon
- casting by Fiona Weir
- cinematography by Haris Zambarloukos
- edited by Nicolas Gaster
- music by Corinne Bailey Rae, David Arnold
- costume design by Natalie Ward
- set decoration by Sophie Phillips
- genres: Black comedy, Indie film, Romance Film, Comedy, Comedy-drama, Drama
- tagline: The most acclaimed actor of his generation in the role of a lifetime
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Actor (Role: Maurice) nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture – Drama (role: Maurice) nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actor nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Satellite Award for Best Film – Musical or Comedy nomination for Miramax
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Role: Maurice) nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Satellite Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical (Role: Jessie) nomination for Jodie Whittaker
- British Independent Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Peter O'Toole
- British Independent Film Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Hanif Kureishi
- British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer nomination for Jodie Whittaker
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor nomination for Peter O'Toole
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama nomination for Peter O'Toole
- British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actor / Actress nomination for Leslie Phillips
- British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actor / Actress nomination for Vanessa Redgrave
- British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actor / Actress, received by Leslie Phillips
- Venus is an Israeli TV mini-series directed by Gur Bentwich.
- also known as Tropic of Venus, Besiman Venus
- begun on (10 years ago)
- regular cast: Yehuda Levi as Yoav Neuman
- "Venus" is a 2010 animated short film written by Sissel D. Thomsen and directed by Tor Fruergaard.
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- producer: Senia Dremstrup
- production design by Jesper Clausen
- written by Sissel Dalsgaard Thomsen
- cinematography by Sturla Brandth Grøvlen
- edited by Rebekka Lønqvist Rønning
- music by Nicklas Schmidt
- genres: Animation, Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Venus" is a 2010 short film written and directed by Jessica Oreck.
- "Venus" is a 2013 short narrative film directed by Blake Bassett.
- country: United States of America
- released on
- "Venus" is a drama film directed by Yuzuru Hayakawa.
- also known as Kinsei
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- genre: Drama
- rating: G
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Venus" is a 1969 song by the Dutch band Shocking Blue which the group took to number one in nine countries in 1970.
- music and lyrics by Robert Van Leeuwen
- "Venus" is a song by American recording artist Lady Gaga from her third studio album, Artpop. It appears as the second track on the album. It was written by Gaga, along with Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Hugo Leclercq, Dino Zisis, Nick Monson, and Sun Ra, and produced by Gaga herself. Originally intended as the second single from the album, it was released as the first promotional single from it on October 28, 2013 on iTunes Store, after the positive reception of "Do What U Want", which was planned to be a promotional single only.
- "Venus" is a song written by Ed Marshall and Peter DeAngelis. The most successful and best-known recording of the track was done by Frankie Avalon and released in 1959.
- "Venus" is the first album by We Are The Fury. It was released on May 22, 2007.
- "Venus" is Tackey & Tsubasa's sixth single under the Avex Trax label.
- "Venus" is an album that won the award for International Single of the Year in the 1987 Juno Awards.
- "Venus" a.k.a. "Vénus" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- Venus a.k.a. Angelica Costello is an American pornographic actress who was the Penthouse Pet of the Month for June 1999. She is often credited under the name Venus.
- read more about Angelica Costello
- Venus is the daughter of Solveig Dommartin.
- child of Solveig Dommartin
- Venus was a band created in 1997 by five artists hailing from Brussels, Belgium. The original goal of the band was to create an original sound that expressed different emotions through several instruments including guitar, violin, double bass, organ, percussion, synth, and a host of others. Also using the scenography talents of former member Patric Carpentier to create visual emotion through their live performances. Although not well known in the United States they have had success with releases Beautiful Days and Wanda Wultz from their Capitol record label release in 2003, Vertigone. The single Beautiful Days was also a track featured in the film Immortel, which is based on the popular futuristic and Ancient Egyptian styled Enki Bilal comic series. The band's name is in reference and inspired from the Velvet Underground track, Venus in furs.
- Venus a.k.a. Vênus were a Brazilian heavy metal group from Teresina, active during the 1980s. They were the first band from the Brazilian Northeast to record a heavy metal album and were very influential on the local music scene.
- Venus is a musical group.
- albums: "Való Világ 3", "A világ közepén", "Egy új érzés"
- VENUS is a musical group.
There are other groups with in their name, like Venus Hum, Neon Venus, Venus Envy, Venus Hill, Hello Venus, Intra Venus, Intra-Venus, Venus Beads, Venus Peter, Venus Volts, Visit Venus, Little Venus, Pocket Venus, Stereo Venus, Venus Diablo, Venus Infers, Venus de Milo, Venus Flytrap.
- Venus is a town in Ellis and Johnson Counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 2,960 in 2010.
- Venus is an unincorporated community in southeastern Highlands County, Florida, United States.
- Venus is a Venue in Manchester.
- also known as Venus Nightclub Manchester, Venus Manchester
- VENUS is an Aviation waypoint.
- Venus is a super yacht designed by Philippe Starck's design company Ubik and built by Feadship for the entrepreneur Steve Jobs. However, Jobs died in October 2011, the yacht was unveiled a year later at a cost of more than €100 million.
- Venus is the name of Sirius XM Radio's Rhythmic Top 40 channel. The service dubuted on July 17, 2014.
- official website: www.siriusxm.com/venus
- Venus is a twelve-story-high mural painting by Knox Martin on the south side of Bayview Correctional Facility at 19th Street and Eleventh Avenue in Manhattan, New York City.
- Venus is a 1996 theater production of the play by Suzan-Lori Parks.
Phrases with Venus
Phrases starting with the word Venus:
Phrases ending with the word Venus:
- Ford Venus
- King Venus
- Lily Venus
- Arcas Venus
- Downy Venus
- genus venus
- Milky Venus
- Pygmy Venus
- Queen Venus
- Rigid Venus
- Texas Venus
View more phrases with the word Venus in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Venus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Light Years Away (2004)
The Whole Creation at a Glance by SudhirK Routray
Venus After Mercury, Venus is the second member of the solar system in terms of separation from the sun and our nearest planet. It is the hottest planet, due to its atmospheric compositions and special whether conditions. It is sixth largest ...
Mapping Your Birthchart (2003)
Understanding Your Needs & Potential by Stephanie Jean Clement, Cosmic Patterns
Venus is a nearly perfect sphere and has a nearly perfect circular orbit. Because Venus is between the Earth and Sun, phases similar to those of the Moon are observable. Because of its atmosphere, a halo is visible at the time of the inferior ...
The Rising Sign (2010)
Your Astrological Mask by Jeanne Avery
Venus is the planet that rules the sixth house of work, service, and health. Venus is the planet of beauty, sociability, charm, culture, graciousness, and ...
by Diane L. Cramer
Vaccines: Neptune Vagus nerve: Mercury Vagina: Scorpio Vaginitis: Mars in Scorpio Valve: Aquarius Vanadium: Jupiter, Saturn Varicose veins: Venus afflicted, Moon, Venus or Jupiter in Aquarius, Saturn in Aquarius or Gemini, afflictions to ...
by Dr Gwendolyn Leick
Venus The planet Venus is one of the great luminaries of the sky, appearing as the first star in the evening, and the last at dawn, when its brilliance alone illuminates the heavens. One or the other of these manifestations could be singled out for ...
The Bedside Dream Dictionary (2007)
by Silvana Amar
Venus, the planet, may be seen rising in the east along with the sun and is known as the Morning Star. It also sets in the west and is the Evening Star. Due to the way this plant travels across the sky,it is often a symbol of death and rebirth.
A Dictionary of Correspondences, Representatives, and Significatives Derived from the Word of the Lord. Extracted from the Writings of E. Swedenborg. [Abridged Principally from The"Dictionary of Correspondences,"by G. Nicholson.] (1841)
by Emanuel Swedenborg, George NICHOLSON (Incumbent of Little Budworth.)
VENUs. The planet Venus in the idea of spirits and angels, appears to the left a little backwards, at some distance from our earth: it is said, in the idea of spirits, “ because neither the sun of this world, nor any planet appears to any spirit, but ...
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Astrology by Derek Parker, Julia Parker
The complete table is as follows: Hour Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 1 Sun Moon Mars Mercury Jupiter Venus Saturn 2 Venus Saturn Sun Moon Mars Mercury Jupiter 3 Mercury Jupiter Venus Saturn Sun ...
A Dictionary of Astronomy (2012)
by Ian Ridpath
Venus in the same way, but if the stars are unresolved (as in a distant galaxy ) the velocity dispersion can be determined from Doppler broadening in the spectrum of the integrated starlight. velocity—distance relation The relationship ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Venus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Venus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: srboisvert
Photo credit: Marco Comparato
Photo credit: francisco.j.gonzalez
via Instagram ift.tt/2ncEvNM
Photo credit: vl04
Photo credit: RedButtons
Photo credit: fdecomite
Photo credit: Lora Huber
Photo credit: fdecomite
Photo credit: Risager
Photo credit: Robbo-Man
Photo credit: Roman Vanur
Photo credit: Kenny Easwaran
Taken with 26x zoom.
Photo credit: s1ng0
An attempt at modeling Venus in Maya using just procedural textures (perlin noise). Adjustments using Adobe Photoshop.
Photo credit: Kevin M. Gill
Photo credit: fdecomite
El segundo planeta del Sistema Solar, desde l' Atmella del Valles
Photo credit: Miriam Espacio
Photo credit: ZombieliciousX
Description This picture of Venus was captured by the Mariner 10 spacecraft during its approach to the planet in early 1974. Taken with the spacecraft's imaging system using an ultraviolet filter, the picture has been color enhanced to simulate Venus's natural color as the human eye would see it. Although the planet closest to the Earth in size and distance from the Sun, Venus is perpetually blanketed by a thick veil of clouds high in carbon dioxide; its surface temperature approaches 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Launched on November 3, 1973, atop an Atlas Centaur rocket, Mariner 10 flew by Venus on February 5, 1974. It then went on to an encounter with Mercury, thus becoming the first spacecraft ever to fly by more than one planet.
Date: January 1974
Photo credit: [kajsa]
- Moon and Venus over Chile
The perfect, clear viewing conditions above ESO's Paranal Observatory in Chile make for a fantastic opportunity to observe the wonders of the Universe. Sometimes, however, it's nice to appreciate things closer to home, such as Earth's trusty lunar companion, and one of its neighbouring planets, Venus, seen as the bright light to the Moon's top-right.
Photo credit: European Southern Observatory
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Venus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Venus Meaning
Video shows what venus means. Any of the bivalve molluscs in the genus Venus or family .. Venus Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- GRWM: Lime Crime Venus Palette/ Controversy Explanation | samantha jane
What do you think of it all?? Will you #boycottlimecrime?! Instagram...
- Definition of Venus, Taurus and Libra
How the planet of beauty is related to the second and the seventh house and sign in vedic astrology. To find out how is your vedic natal chart...
- Meaning of venus or shukra astrology-1 learn free vedic astrology freeastrologyvedic.com
order your marriage report and match making report here...
- Nibiru ! Explanation why Venus is not Venus
- Venus is not Venus, Explanation Why
- Venus Attack EP - Looking for the Meaning
- Yu-Gi-Oh Card Explanation (Splendid Venus)
All non-fairy monster lose 500 atk and def. Hope this video helps. Dark World Yugioh. Out!!!!
- Explanation Planet Venus
- Venus' comb Meaning
Video shows what Venus' comb means. An umbelliferous plant, .. Venus' comb synonyms: lady's comb, shepherd's needle. Venus' comb Meaning. How to ...
- 528Hz Venus Love Song Transmission Heart Healing Activation in an Angelic Language
From the Cathedral Rock Vortex, Sedona AZ. Shekina Rose Sings "A Love Song from Venus" for Healing the Heart Template through the Angelic Venusian Light ...
- XTC - Your Dictionary - Apple Venus Volume 1 -
XTC - Your Dictionary - Apple Venus Volume 1 Written by Andy Partridge Released on Apple Venus Volume 1. H-A-T-E Is that how you spell love in your ...
- Ainol Novo 7 Venus - How to Change the Language
OK, you've successfully updated the firmware on your tablet but the default language is now unreadable (Chinese, Korean, Japanese..... how do you change it to ...
- Visual references: Venus in daylight and new system description.
This shows Venus in daylight and also the new "upgrade" where all scopes are now providing HD footage. Three cameras used: 1- A modified LG, 1/3"CCD, ...
- Why Venus Factor - Detailed description about the program
- Venus Factor Review - Detailed Description, Facts, Testimony
- "Venus In Tune" Happy Horror - The English Language
- Venus Factor Review: Description Venus Factor
- Villa Venus "Failure of Language" live on the Indie Darkroom
- Venus Factor Reviews | Full Package Description
Quotes about Venus
Scrabble value of V4E1N1U1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VENUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Venus!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Venus to see it in context!