Vernon L. Smith
Vernon L. Smith: Vernon Lomax Smith is professor of economics at Chapman University's Argyros School of Business and Economics and School of Law in Orange, California, a research scholar at George Mason University Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science, and a Fellow of the Mercatus Center, all in Arlington, Virginia. Smith shared the 2002 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with Daniel Kahneman. He is the founder and president of the International Foundation for Research in Experimental Economics, a Member of the Board of Advisors for The Independent Institute, and a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute in Washington D.C.. In 2004 Smith was honored with an honorary doctoral degree at Universidad Francisco Marroquín, the institution that named the Vernon Smith Center for Experimental Economics Research after him.
- also known as Vernon Smith
- born on (88 years ago) in Wichita
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Economist, professor
- written works: "Bargaining and Market Behavior", "Papers in Experimental Economics", "Research in Experimental Economics", "Investment and production"
- award: - Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences ("for having established laboratory experiments as a tool in empirical economic analysis,...)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Vernon L. Smith
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Charles K. Rowley, Friedrich Schneider
Experimental Public Choice Vernon L. Smith .
by Ronald Hamowy
Patrick Burke Temple University Vernon L. Smith Chapman University William A. Niskanen Cato Institute Wayne Dynes Hunter College Wendy McElroy Independent Institute Walter ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vernon L. Smith
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Vernon L. Smith
After graduating in engineering I went to the University of Kansas to get an MA in economics as a vehicle for allowing me to decide if I wanted to continue in economics. (Vernon L. Smith)
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Vernon L. Smith for some fun with words!