On this page:
- Definition of the noun victoria
- Phrases with Victoria
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Victoria
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Victoria
- Photos about Victoria
- Videos about Victoria
- Sign language
- Quotes about Victoria
- Scrabble value of V4I1C3T1O1R1I1A1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun victoria
What does victoria mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- victoria: victorias
- Victoria: -
- queen of Great Britain and Ireland and empress of India from 1837 to 1901; the last Hanoverian ruler of England (1819-1901)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of Victoria: Queen Victoria
- instance of: empress = a woman emperor or the wife of an emperor; Queen of England = the sovereign ruler of England
- member of: Hanover / Hanoverian line / House of Hanover = the English royal house that reigned from 1714 to 1901
- (Roman mythology) goddess of victory; counterpart of Greek Nike
- a waterfall in the Zambezi River on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia; diminishes seasonally
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of Victoria: Victoria Falls
- instance of: falls / waterfall = a steep descent of the water of a river
- part of: Northern Rhodesia / Republic of Zambia / Zambia = a republic in central Africa; Republic of Zimbabwe / Rhodesia / Southern Rhodesia / Zimbabwe = a landlocked republic in south central Africa formerly called Rhodesia; Zambezi / Zambezi River = an African river
- a state in southeastern Australia
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- instance of: Australian state = one of the several states constituting Australia
- part of: Australia / Commonwealth of Australia = a nation occupying the whole of the Australian continent; Aboriginal tribes are thought to have migrated from southeastern Asia 20,000 years ago
- part: Melbourne = the capital of Victoria state and 2nd largest Australian city
Alternative definition of the noun victoria
- A type of carriage.
- Victoria is a state in the south-east of Australia. Victoria is Australia's most densely populated state and its second-most populous state overall. Most of its population is concentrated in the area surrounding Port Phillip Bay, which includes the metropolitan area of its capital and largest city, Melbourne, which is Australia's second-largest city. Geographically the smallest state on the Australian mainland, Victoria is bordered by Bass Strait and Tasmania to the south, New South Wales to the north, the Tasman Sea to the east, and South Australia to the west.
- Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia, Canada and is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island off Canada's Pacific coast. The city has a population of about 80,017, while the metropolitan area of Greater Victoria, has a population of 344,615, making it the 15th most populous Canadian urban region.
- Victoria is a city in the state of Texas, United States. It is the county seat of Victoria County. The population was 62,592 as of the 2010 census. The three counties of the Victoria Metropolitan Statistical Area had a population of 111,163 as of the 2000 census.
- Victoria is the capital city of the Seychelles and is situated on the north-eastern side of Mahé island, the archipelago's main island. The city was first established as the seat of the British colonial government. In 2009, the population of Greater Victoria was 25,000 out of the country's total population of 87,972. Victoria is served by Seychelles International Airport, completed in 1971.
- Victoria, also known as Rabat or by its title Città Victoria is the capital of Gozo, an island of the Maltese archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. The town has a total population of 6,911, and by population is the largest locality in Gozo.
- Victoria is a city located in the southwestern part of the province of Entre Ríos, Argentina. It is located on the eastern shore of the Paraná River, opposite Rosario, Santa Fe, to which it has been connected since 2003 by the Rosario-Victoria Bridge.
- Victoria is a city in Carver County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 7,345 at the 2010 census.
- Victoria is an incorporated town in Lunenburg County, Virginia, United States. The population was 1,725 at the 2010 census, which was down from the 1,821 reported in 2000.
- Victoria is a city in Ellis County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,214.
- Victoria was one of the nine district electoral areas in Belfast, Northern Ireland from 1985 to 2015. Located in the east of the city, the district elected seven members to Belfast City Council and contained the wards of Ballyhackamore; Belmont; Cherryvalley; Island; Knock; Stormont; and Sydenham. Victoria, along with wards from the neighbouring Pottinger district and Castlereagh Borough Council, formed the Belfast East constituency for the Northern Ireland Assembly and UK Parliament.
- Victoria is a town in the western part of Brașov County, Romania, near the Făgăraş Mountains. It had a population of 7,067 at the 2011 census.
- Victoria is a village in Knox County, Illinois, United States. The population was 323 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Galesburg Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Victoria is a federal electoral district in British Columbia, Canada, that has been represented in the House of Commons of Canada from 1872 to 1904 and since 1925.
- part of British Columbia
- Victoria is the capital of the Federal Territory of Labuan in Malaysia, an island group off the north coast of Borneo. It is located in the southeast corner of Labuan and its Malay name, "Bandar Labuan" is more commonly used by the locals than Victoria. The town is an urban district within the wider city limits of Victoria which includes Labuan Port, a sheltered deep-water harbour which is an important trans-shipment point for Brunei Darussalam, northern Sarawak and western Sabah.
- also known as Victoria, Labuan
- part of Malaysia
- Victoria is a town in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 59 as of the 2000 census. It is named after a sister of the town's founder, Robert E. Lee Wilson.
- Victoria is a Mexican city located in the Northeast region of the state of Guanajuato, within the Sierra Gorda range. The municipality has an area of 1009.437 square kilometres and is bordered to the north by the state of San Luis Potosí, to the east by Xichú, to the south by Santa Catarina and Doctor Mora, and to the west by San Luis de la Paz. The municipality had a population of 17,764 inhabitants according to the 2005 census.
- also known as Victoria, Guanajuato
- part of Guanajuato
- Victoria is an incorporated town in Conception Bay located approximately midway on the Bay de Verde Peninsula of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- also known as Victoria, Newfoundland and Labrador; Victoria, Canada
- part of Canada
- Victoria is a county in Trinidad and Tobago. It covers 813 km² and is divided into five wards. It is bordered on the north by the county of Caroni, the south by the county of Saint Patrick, and in the east by the counties of Mayaro and Nariva. To the west it borders the Gulf of Paria. The major towns in County Victoria include San Fernando, Princes Town and Debe. County Victoria is divided into five wards - Pointe-à-Pierre, Naparima, Savanna Grande, Ortoire and Moruga.
- also known as County Of Victoria; Victoria County, Trinidad and Tobago
- country: Trinidad and Tobago
- Victoria, Indiana is an unincorporated community in Warrick County, Indiana in the United States. It was first settled as a pioneer camp in the 18th century. In the 1950s, when coal mines began to appear in Southern Indiana, woodlands in that part of the county were replaced by vast strip mines. The mines were abandoned in 1977, when coal prices dropped and the resources were exhausted. The land lay unnoticed until Newburgh grew large enough to support suburbs. Several homes were built around the now water-filled strip mines. The homes received a boost in land value when Victoria National Golf Club was built by Tom Fazio in 1996.
- Victoria is a neighborhood of Inland Empire, Riverside.
- Victoria is located on the Atlantic coast of Guyana, 18 miles east of Georgetown and bordered by Cove and John to the west and Belfield to the east. It was the first village in Guyana to be bought by the combined resources of Africans who had recently won their freedom from slavery.
- also known as Victoria, Guyana
- part of Guyana
- Victoria is a ward in the London Borough of Hackney and forms part of the Hackney South and Shoreditch constituency.
- part of London Borough of Hackney
- Victoria was a provincial electoral district in the Canadian province of British Columbia, and was one of the first twelve ridings at the time of that province's joining Confederation in 1871 and stayed on the hustings until 1890. From 1894 to 1963 it did not appear on the electoral map. During that period the Victoria area was represented by North Victoria, South Victoria, Saanich, Esquimalt, Oak Bay and Victoria City. In 1966 the old Victoria City riding was redistributed and given the name of the old "rural" riding, Victoria.
- Victoria was a federal electoral district in Nova Scotia, Canada, that was represented in the Canadian House of Commons from 1867 to 1904. It was created by the British North America Act of 1867. It consisted of the County of Victoria. It was abolished in 1903 when it was merged into North Cape Breton and Victoria electoral district.
- Victoria is an unincorporated community in Stockton Township, Greene County, Indiana.
- Victoria is a Metropolitan Borough of Sefton ward in the Bootle Parliamentary constituency that covers the locality of Great Crosby.
- part of Metropolitan Borough of Sefton
- Victoria is a neighborhood in Alexandria, Egypt, named after Queen Victoria.
There are other places with in their name, like Victoria's, La Victoria, Victoria Bay, Lake Victoria, Port Victoria, Victoria Cove, Victoria Hall, Victoria Hill, Victoria Land, Victoria Park, Victoria Peak, Victoria West, Mount Victoria, Victoria Falls, Victoria Hills, Victoria Hotel, Victoria Lines, Victoria North, Villa Victoria and Ciudad Victoria.
- Victoria a.k.a. Queen Victoria: Victoria was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 20 June 1837 until her death. From 1 May 1876, she used the additional title of Empress of India.
- read more about Queen Victoria
- Victoria a.k.a. Victoria Beckham: Victoria Caroline Beckham is an English businesswoman, fashion designer, model and singer. In the late 1990s, Beckham rose to fame with the all-female pop group Spice Girls and was dubbed Posh Spice by the July 1996 issue of the British music magazine Top of the Pops. After the Spice Girls split, she was signed to Virgin Records and Telstar Records and had four UK Top 10 singles. Her first release, "Out of Your Mind", reached Number 2 in the UK Singles Chart.
- read more about Victoria Beckham
- Victoria a.k.a. Victoria Silvstedt: Karin Victoria Silvstedt is a Swedish model, actress, singer, and television personality.
- read more about Victoria Silvstedt
- Victoria a.k.a. Aurora Snow is the stage name of an American former pornographic actress and director.
- read more about Aurora Snow
- Victoria a.k.a. Victoria Song: Song Qian, known as Victoria Song or mononymously as Victoria, is a Chinese singer, actress and a member of the South Korean girl group f.
- read more about Victoria Song
- Victoria a.k.a. Lisa Marie Varon is an American professional wrestler, former bodybuilder and fitness competitor. Varon is best known for her time with World Wrestling Entertainment under the ringname Victoria where she is a former two-time WWE Women's Champion and in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling under the ringname Tara where she is a former five-time TNA Knockouts Champion. Varon started competing in fitness competitions and won ESPN2's Fitness America Series in 1997. In 1999, she placed second at a fitness event in New York to earn her International Federation of BodyBuilders Professional Fitness Card.
- read more about Lisa Marie Varon
- Victoria a.k.a. Jamie Lynn is an American pornographic actress who was chosen as Penthouse Pet of the Month in 2005 and later as Pet of the Year in 2006.
- read more about Jamie Lynn
- Victoria a.k.a. Angelica Sin is the stage name of a pornographic actress.
- read more about Angelica Sin
- Victoria, also known as Vitruvia, was a leader in the Roman breakaway realm known as the Gallic Empire in the late 3rd century. She was the mother of Victorinus, who ruled as Gallic Emperor until his assassination in 271. Afterwards, Victoria used her authority to stabilize the empire and select a successor.
- also known as Vitruvia
- parent of Victorinus
- Victoria a.k.a. Victoria Sin is a German pornographic actress.
- read more about Victoria Sin
- Victoria a.k.a. Victoria Sweet is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Victoria Sweet
- Victoria a.k.a. Veronica Mehta: Veronica is an Indian R&B singer based in London, UK, who sings in Hindi, Urdu, English and Punjabi.
- read more about Veronica Mehta
- Victoria a.k.a. Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood: Princess Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood was a member of the British Royal Family; she was the third child and only daughter of King George V and Queen Mary. She was the sixth holder of the title of Princess Royal. Mary held the title of princess with the style Highness from birth as the then great-granddaughter of the British sovereign, and later Her Royal Highness, as the granddaughter and finally daughter of the Sovereign. After her marriage she held the title of Viscountess Lascelles and, from 1929, Countess of Harewood.
- read more about Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood
- Victoria is a musical artist, musician.
- born on (32 years ago)
- read more about Victoria (musical artist)
- Victoria a.k.a. Lucie Horinkova is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Lucie Horinkova
There are other people with in their name, like Ana Victoria, Victoria Boa, Victoria Dym, Victoria Fea, Victoria Gay, Victoria Hay, Victoria Hon, Victoria Ley, Victoria Liu, Victoria Nae and many others.
Victoria is a brand of fruit sodas produced by The Coca-Cola Company. It is available only in the state of Querétaro, Mexico and surrounding areas. Originally owned by the Grupo Fomento Queretano, a Coca-Cola bottling company in Querétaro, the Victoria brand was acquired by Coca-Cola in 2008.
- Victoria a.k.a. Viper, formerly known as Madame Hydra, is a fictional character, a supervillainess in the Marvel Comics universe who is a foe of the Avengers and the X-Men.
- Victoria is a fictional character in the television program How I Met Your Mother.
There are other characters with in their name, like Victoria Day, Victoria Bond, Victoria Gray, Victoria Lane, Victoria Lord, Victoria West, Maria Victoria, María Victoria, Maria-Victoria, Seras Victoria, Victoria Bond?, Victoria Brown, Victoria Cohen, Victoria Grant, Victoria Jones, Victoria Price, Victoria Ramos, Young Victoria, Victoria Dillon and Victoria Ducane.
- "Victoria" is a song written by Ray Davies of The Kinks. It is the opening track on the band's 1969 concept album Arthur.
- music and lyrics by Ray Davies
- "Victoria" is a song by New Zealand rock band The Exponents from their 1982 album Prayers Be Answered and their debut single. Released in 1982 it reached Number 6 on the New Zealand singles chart. The song was selected by a panel of New Zealand songwriters to have been the #8 top 100 New Zealand songs of all time.
- "Victoria" is a composition.
- "Victoria" is a musical album of Michel Sardou.
"Victoria" is a novel by Knut Hamsun.
- also known as "Victoria (Noonday)", "Victoria; a love story"
- language: Norwegian Language
- genre: Fiction
- subjects: Literature, Classics, Literary, Norway
- copyright: 1898
- released in (118 years ago)
- Victoria is the title of a Spanish-language telenovela about a woman who falls in love with a dashing younger man, when her marriage collapses around her. It is produced by the United States-based television network Telemundo and RTI Colombia. This limited-run series debuted in the U.S. on December 4, 2007, after La Esclava Isaura finished. Filmed in Bogotá, it stars Victoria Ruffo, Mauricio Ochmann, Arturo Peniche, Géraldine Bazán, and Andrea López.
- "Victoria" is a 2013 Norwegian drama film directed by Torun Lian, starring Jakob Oftebro, Iben Akerlie and Bill Skarsgård. It tells the story of the love between the daughter of a landowner and the son of a local miller. The film is based on the novel Victoria by Knut Hamsun. It was released in Norway on 1 March 2013. Fridtjov Såheim received the Amanda Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
- country: Norway
- languages: Norwegian Language, Swedish Language
- producers: Sveinung Golimo, John M. Jacobsen, Pancho Kohner
- production design by Peter Bävman & Are Sjaastad
- art direction by Louise Drake af Hagelsrum
- written by Torun Lian
- based on a story by Knut Hamsun
- Bill Skarsgård as Otto
- Jakob Oftebro as Johannes
- Fridtjov Såheim as Victoria's father
- Tehilla Blad as Anna
- Amanda Ooms as Otto's mother
- Petronella Barker as Victoria's mother
- Mads Sjøgård Pettersen as Ditlef
- Magnus Roosmann as Otto's father
- Janne Heltberg Haarseth as Else
- Iben M. Akerlie as Victoria
- Anneke von der Lippe as Johannes' mother
- Fredrik Skogsrud as Christian Dybwad
- Torstein Bjørklund as Ditlef's friend
- Jonathan Chedeville as Richmond
- Eindride Einsvold as Johannes' father
- cinematography by Harald Paalgard
- edited by Per-Erik Eriksen & Frida Eggum Michaelsen
- music by Gaute Storaas, Arve Henriksen, Jan Bang, Erik Honoré
- costume design by Bente Ulvik
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released on
- "Victoria" is a 1979 Swedish drama film directed by Bo Widerberg based on Knut Hamsun's 1898 novel. It was entered into the 1979 Cannes Film Festival.
- countries: Sweden, West Germany
- languages: English Language, Swedish Language
- executive producer: Edward R. Pressman
- written by Bo Widerberg
- based on "Victoria" by Knut Hamsun
- Michaela Jolin as Victoria
- Stephan Schwartz as Johannes
- Pia Skagermark as Camilla
- Sigmar Solbach as Otto
- Christiane Hörbiger as Victoria's Mother
- Gustaf Kleen as Victoria's Father
- Amelie von Essen as Johanne's Mother
- Erik Eriksson as Johanne's Father
- Hans Christian Blech as Tutor
- Thor W. Jacobsen as Ditlef
- Peter Schildt as Richmond
- Harald Hamrell as Johannes
- Marianne von Baumgarten as Victoria
- cinematography by Anders Cederlund & Hanno-Heinz Fuchs
- edited by Henrik Georgson, Bo Widerberg, Tord Pååg
- costume design by Anne Siri Bryhni & Alain Touzinaud
- genre: Drama
- released in (37 years ago)
- "Victoria" is a 2008 French-Canadian road movie directed by and starring Anna Karina.
- also known as La dame de coeur
- countries: France, Canada
- language: French
- producer: Hejer Charf
- written by Anna Karina
- cinematography by Philippe Lavalette
- edited by Mathieu Arsenault
- music by Philippe Katerine
- genre: Road movie
- released on (7 years ago)
- Victoria: In ancient Roman religion, Victoria was the personified goddess of victory. She is the Roman equivalent of the Greek goddess Nike, and was associated with Bellona. She was adapted from the Sabine agricultural goddess Vacuna and had a temple on the Palatine Hill. The goddess Vica Pota was also sometimes identified with Victoria.
- also known as 维多利亚
- Victoria was a Spanish carrack and the first ship to successfully circumnavigate the world. The Victoria was part of a Spanish expedition commanded by the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan, and after his death during the voyage, by Juan Sebastián Elcano. The expedition began with five ships but the Victoria was the only ship to complete the voyage. Magellan was killed in the Philippines. The ship was built at a shipyard in Gipuzkoa, with the Basques being reputed shipbuilders at the time, and along with the four other ships, it was given to Magellan by King Charles I of Spain. Victoria was named after the church of Santa Maria de la Victoria de Triana, where Magellan took an oath of allegiance to Charles V in order to be granted full access to the Spice Islands. Victoria was an 85 ton ship with a crew of 42.
- Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer' and is used as the feminine form corresponding to the name Victor. Hence, Victoria Salvador means 'victory to the savior'. Victoria can be used as a first name or as a family name.
- The victoria was an elegant French carriage, possibly based on a phaeton made for George IV. A victoria may be visualised as essentially a phaeton with the addition of a coachman's box-seat.
- Victoria is an impact crater on Mars located at 2.05°S, 5.50°W in the Meridiani Planum extraterrestrial plain, lying situated within the Margaritifer Sinus quadrangle region of the planet Mars. This crater was first visited by the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity. It is roughly 730 metres wide, nearly eight times the size of the crater Endurance, visited by Opportunity from sols 951 to 1630. It is informally named after Victoria – one of the five ships of Ferdinand Magellan and the first ship to circumnavigate the globe – and formally named after Victoria, Seychelles. Along the edges of the crater are many outcrops within recessed alcoves and promontories, named for bays and capes that Magellan discovered.
- also known as 維多利亞撞擊坑
- Victoria was a bicycle manufacturer in Nürnberg, Germany that made motorcycles from about 1901 until 1966. It should not be confused with a lesser-known, unrelated Victoria Motorcycle Company in Glasgow, Scotland that made motorcycles between 1902 and 1928.
- Victoria is a female articulated 3D figure developed and sold by DAZ 3D. There have been several "generations" of the figure, all bearing the same name.
- license: Proprietary software
- official website: www.daz3d.com/i.x/0/0/-
- Victoria is a Belgian theatre company based in the Flemish city of Ghent.
- official website: www.victoria.be
- Victoria: The Noelle S2200 is a full scale healthcare education simulator produced by Gaumard Scientific that simulates a mother in labor. The Noelle line of simulators including the Victoria model can reproduce events seen during a full-term or premature delivery. Delivery can be programed to mimic many situations from a normal vaginal birth to a C-section.. Complications including breech presentation, shoulder dystocia, maternal bleeding or umbilical cord prolapse can also be simulated. Healthcare personnel can thus hone their skills addressing serious situations that may not occur frequently before working with real patients. Victoria is tetherless and contains a rechargeable battery that can operate Victoria for about 8 hours as she is moved through a continuum of care. Additionally, actual medical equipment, such as a fetal monitor, a pulse oximeter and a blood pressure monitor can be used directly on Victoria.
- The Victoria sternwheeler was a passenger and freight steamer that was built for service on the Soda Creek to Quesnel route on the upper Fraser River in British Columbia. She was built at Quesnel by pioneer shipbuilder James Trahey of Victoria for Gustavus Blin-Wright and Captain Thomas Wright and was put into service in the spring of 1869 to augment the service of the Enterprise also built by Trahey for the Wrights. Although the Victoria's hull was new, her engines and boiler had originally been in the Prince of Wales from Lillooet Lake.
Phrases with Victoria
Phrases starting with the word Victoria:
- victoria day
- victoria land
- victoria plum
- victoria cross
- victoria falls
- Victoria Regia
- victoria nyanza
- Victoria Regina
- victoria sponge
Phrases ending with the word Victoria:
- Anaea Victoria
- Ceria Victoria
- Goura victoria
- Nilea Victoria
- queen victoria
- Baccha Victoria
- Munida Victoria
- Pyrota victoria
- Sauris Victoria
- Asticta Victoria
- Chalcis Victoria
View more phrases with the word Victoria in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Victoria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Aboriginal Placenames (2009)
Naming and Re-naming the Australian Landscape by Luise Hercus, Harold Koch
For example, Victoria is a politically constituted geographical area, a state, in the south-eastern part of the geographically defined political entity called Australia. Yet when people ask about the meaning of a name of Indigenous origin, they ...
Tanzania in Pictures (2007)
by Bev Pritchett
Lake Victoria is the second- largest freshwater lake by area in the world. (Lake Superior in North...
Lake Victoria is a main source of the Nile River, the longest river in the world. The Nile flows ...
Harlequin Comics by helen brooks
Victoria is a gentle and beautiful woman of the highest nobility.
Lake Victoria (2010)
by Cari Meister
Plants & Animals L ake Victoria is a freshwater lake. 9.
by Sheng Luan
Aequorea Victoria is a small, medusoid jelly fish that emits an intense flash of luminescent light when prodded or attacked by small fish. Aequorin, the soluble protein (plus cofactor) responsible for luminescent light emission, was isolated with ...
When Men Kill (1994)
Scenarios of Masculine Violence by Kenneth Polk
Victoria is a state of Australia with a population of 4.5 million; 3.2 million live in the radius of the capital city, Melbourne. Throughout, the focal point of the analysis will be on the relationship between the offender and victim, and following on ...
Fodor's Alaska Ports of Call (2012)
by Kelly Kealy
Victoria is the oldest city (founded 1843) on Canada's west coast and the first European settlement on Vancouver Island. It was chosen to be the westernmost trading outpost of the Britishowned Hudson Bay Company in 1843, and became the ...
The Book of Small (2009)
by Emily Carr
Victoria is a crown colony, not Canadian—try it, darling!” So the “darlings” whose lives from birth had been humdrum, especially since the rest of the family had married and left the old home to them and nothing for its upkeep, nibbled at the ...
by Jos T.A. Verhoeven, Boudewijn Beltman, Roland Bobbink, Dennis F. Whigham
Lake Victoria is an ecological and economic resource of primary value. The wetlands that cover much of the lake shoreline provide a fundamental service in maintaining water quality, fisheries productivity and local meteorology.
Filipinos in San Francisco (2011)
by Filipino American National Historical Society, Manilatown Heritage Foundation, [email protected] Educational Partnerships
Victoria is an honoree of the International Swimming Hall of Fame. (Adele Urbiztondo.) In 2006, the City of San Francisco named a new park in South of Market after Victoria Manalo Draves. As a heroic Pinay and Olympic champion who fought ...
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
They were first described from Lake Nyasa by the famous explorer David Livingstone, and also occur on the Ugandan side of Lake Victoria.
Encyclopedia of World Poetry (2015)
by R. Victoria Arana
by Victoria Pitts-Taylor
Victoria Pitts-Taylor. Tongue. Tongue Splitting Tongue splitting is the process of laterally bisecting the tongue. The tongue is essentially a number of symmetrically arranged muscles, and by cutting the fibrous tissue which runs down its center, ...
by Victoria Boynton, Jo Malin
Victoria Boynton, Jo Malin. K This page intentionally left blank L. KARR, MARY ( 1954- ) Commended and reviled for being one of the catalysts of the mid-1990s " memoir craze" — a period of unprecedented interest in so-called "true to life" ...
by Victoria Pitts-Taylor
Victoria Pitts-Taylor. PREFACE. This encyclopedia is organized by body part alphabetically, and body parts from head to toe, external and internal, are included. Readers can, of course, find entries of interest under the body-part section, but as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Victoria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Victoria
Click on an item to view that photo:
view from across the harbor (you can see the empress hotel slightly to the left of center
Photo credit: upyernoz
Photo credit: timparkinson
Photo credit: chenutis
Photo credit: Chris_Hawes
Photo credit: amandacoolidge
Photo credit: Chris_Hawes
Photo credit: Dwilliams851
Photo credit: Sebastián Betancourt
Photo credit: Chris_Hawes
Photo credit: kandinski
Photo credit: MarksGonePublic
Photo credit: an-dree-uh
Photo credit: SharonaGott
Outside St Paul's
Photo credit: Victoria Reay
Superb Terra Nostra cheese at Delicias De Portugal
Photo credit: HerryLawford
Canada day trip
Photo credit: GenericJackal
Lovely old woman waiting for a taxi on her way to South America!
Photo credit: HerryLawford
Local flower shop with delivery bicycle
Photo credit: HerryLawford
...the Queen & the city. That's the parliament building in the background.
Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Photo credit: laszlo-photo
- VICTORIA AZARANKA
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Victoria
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ashley Victoria - "Definition"
February 10th, 2014 Love? What is it? Well it's this abstract concept that no one can seem to fully comprehend. Though it does define a phenomenon: semantic ...
- Julio Victoria SLANG mix (teaser)
Exclusive mixtape session for //SLANG MAG by Colombian Dj Julio Victoria. Deep house and sinful beats. Click this link to hear the mixtape: ...
- Scientists give possible explanation for mystery floating island on L.Victoria
Now, from Sunday the floating island on Lake Victoria Sunday was sighted near Ggaba landing site, there have been many questions on how it moved and ...
- Victoria Meaning
Video shows what Victoria means. The Roman goddess of victory; equivalent to the Greek goddess Nike.. .. One of the six states of Australia, situated in the ...
- Crown Victoria meaning and pronunciation
A large shaggin waggon automobile produced by Ford. With the police package they are capabable of doing over 135 mph, plus they are very good in accidents ...
- Victoria Cross Meaning
Video shows what Victoria Cross means. Britain's highest military award, a bronze Maltese cross - For Valour. Australian and New Zealand's highest military ...
- Victoria Meaning
Video shows what victoria means. A kind of low four-wheeled pleasure carriage, with a calash top, designed for two persons and the driver who occupies a high ...
- Belmont Secondary students writing songs with meaning! - Shaw TV Victoria
Shaw TV's James Green talks to Lara and Sarah about their original songs, "Better Than This" & "Miracle Today".
- Andy Tamashi -The Meaning of Love Feat.Victoria T(Original Mix)
Consortium Muzik Records #Release Date 17/01/2008 #...
- Definition: Victoria vs. Joanne
- Vocabulary Project William Greene Victoria Emerick Jonny Augarten
BIOAPP1100 Domestic Animal Biology Vocabulary Project completed by William Greene, Victoria Emerick, and Jonny Augarten.
- Yu-Gi-Oh Card Explanation (Victoria)
Good card to special summon dragon monsters. Hope this video helps. Dark World Yugioh. Out!!!
- Definition: Victoria
- Aubrie and Victoria singing New Slang
- Victoria Lozano multiple meaning #1
- Earth, Fire, Water: Matter and Meaning in Rituals -- Victoria College, May 31 -- June 1, 2013
- Dreaming to Bring Meaning (Victoria solo)
- Speaking the Language of Manifestation - Recorded Event in Victoria, BC - 3/14/14
This is the archived recording of "Speaking the Language of Manifestation" event in Victoria, BC, Canada. Brad Johnson gave an introductory presentation on ...
- Tecama Viajes. MWS Victoria Language Camp.
- Victoria "Porkchop" Parker: "Love In Any Language"!
Victoria "Porkchop" Parker performs (in sign language) the song, "Love In Any Language" by Sandi Patty & Jessy Dixon as part of the tribute to Sahara ...
- [Canada] Language Course, King George International College(KGIC), Victoria
King George International College is a private educational institution dedicated to offering quality programs that are at the cutting edge in their field. Education ...
- GV Victoria ESL game
- Inlingua Victoria - Phrasal Verb dictionary 3
- New Words Added to the Dictionary - Shaw TV Victoria
Shaw TV's James Green hits the streets of Victoria to discuss some of the newest and most interesting word additions to the Oxford dictionary. go! Island airs ...
- [Canada] Language Course, Geos Language Plus - Victoria
GEOS Language Academy was first established in 1973 with the goal of furthering international communication through English language education. With over ...
- Learning the English Language in China - Shaw TV Victoria
Shaw TV's Jen Muranetz returns from her summer vacation in China with a story on English as a second language (ESL) classes both at home and abroad.
- Learning a language - Routes into Languages - Victoria
- ESL student and teacher from vancouver went to Victoria for protest 2014 27 oct ( Victoria )
via YouTube Capture.
- KGIC Speaks Victoria Campus ESL
- KGIC Speaks Victoria Campus ESL
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Victoria
Scrabble value of V4I1C3T1O1R1I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Victoria to see it in context!