On this page:
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vikings
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vikings
- Photos about Vikings
- Videos about Vikings
- Sign language
- Quotes about Vikings
- Scrabble value of V4I1K5I1N1G2S1
- Anagrams of VIKINGS
- Share this page
- Vikings is an Emmy Award nominated historical drama television series written and created by Michael Hirst for the television channel History. It premiered on 3 March 2013 in the United States and Canada. Filmed in Ireland, it is an official Ireland/Canada co-production.
- also known as Vikinzi, Vikingii, 維京人, Vikingai, Vikingové, ไวกิ้ง, ไวกิ้งส์, ヴァイキングス, 维京传奇
- begun on
- 19 episodes of 45 minutes each, in 2 seasons
- countries: Canada, Republic of Ireland, Ireland
- created by Michael Hirst
- regular cast:
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha Lothbrok since
- Gabriel Byrne as Earl Haraldson
- Clive Standen as Rollo since
- Travis Fimmel as Ragnar since
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy Haraldson since
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki since
- Nathan O'Toole as Bjorn Lothbrok since
- George Blagden as Athelstan since
- Ruby O'Leary as Gyda
- Tadhg Murphy as Arne
- Jefferson Hall as Torstein
- John Kavanagh as The Seer since
- Donal Logue as King Horik since
- Alyssa Sutherland as Aslaug
- Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn Lothbrok since
- Linus Roache as King Ecbert since
- Thorbjørn Harr as Jarl Borg between and
- genres: Historical fiction, Action, War film, Adventure Film, Miniseries, Drama
- some of the awards:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Main Title Design nomination for Rama Allen, Audrey Davis, Ryan McKenna, Westley Sarokin, Daniel Morris
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Sound Editing - Series (Trial) nomination for David McCallum, Yuri Gorbachow, Dale Sheldrake, Brent Pickett, Jane Tattersall, Goro Koyama, Steve Medeiros & Andy Malcolm
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects - Supporting Role (Dispossessed) nomination for Dennis Berardi, Bill Halliday, Julian Parry, Dominic Remane, Wilson Cameron, Jim Maxwell, Ovidiu Cinazan, Maria A. Gordon, Mike Borrett
- Canadian Screen Award for Best International Drama nomination for James Flynn, Sheila Hockin, Michael Hirst, John Weber, Morgan O'Sullivan, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer
- Canadian Screen Award for Best Photography in a Dramatic Program or Series (A King's Ransom) nomination for John S. Bartley
- Canadian Screen Award for Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Program or Series (A King's Ransom) nomination for Aaron Marshall
- Canadian Screen Awards - Shaw Media Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role (Trial) nomination for Katheryn Winnick
- Canadian Screen Award for Best Visual Effects (Dispossessed) nomination for Dominic Remane, Dennis Berardi, Bill Halliday, Jim Maxwell, Mike Borrett, Julian Parry, Maria A. Gordon, Ovidiu Cinazan, Wilson Cameron & Paul Wishart
- Canadian Screen Award for Best Direction in a Dramatic Series nomination for Ken Girotti
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects - Supporting Role nomination for Dominic Remane, Dennis Berardi, Mike Borrett, Bill Halliday, Ovidiu Cinazan & Jim Maxwell
- Canadian Screen Award for Best Visual Effects (Dispossessed), received by Maria A. Gordon, Ovidiu Cinazan, Wilson Cameron, Julian Parry, Jim Maxwell, Dennis Berardi, Mike Borrett, Dominic Remane, Bill Halliday & Paul Wishart
- official website: www.history.com/shows/vikings
- "Vikings" a.k.a. "The Vikings" is a 1958 adventure film directed by Richard Fleischer and filmed in Technicolor. It was produced by and stars Kirk Douglas. It is based on the novel The Viking by Edison Marshall, which in turn is based on material from the sagas of Ragnar Lodbrok and his sons. Other starring roles were taken by Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh and Ernest Borgnine. The film made notable use of natural locations in Norway. It was mostly filmed in Maurangerfjorden and Maurangsnes, captured on film by cinematographer Jack Cardiff although Aella's castle was the real Fort de la Latte in north-east Brittany.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Jerry Bresler
- written by Dale Wasserman
- based on "The viking" by Edison Marshall
- cinematography by Jack Cardiff
- edited by Elmo Williams
- music by Mario Nascimbene
- genres: Adventure Film, Action Film, Epic film, Costume Adventure, Historical fiction, Drama
- tagline: Mightiest Of Men... Mightiest Of Spectacles... Mightiest Of Motion Pictures!
- released on (56 years ago)
- award: - DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film nomination for Richard Fleischer
- official website: www.mgm.com/title_title.php?title_star=VIKINGS
- "Vikings" is a 2013 short action adventure drama film written by Chris Briggs and Magali Magistry and directed by Magali Magistry.
- also known as Víkingar, Vikingar
- countries: Iceland, France
- language: Icelandic Language
- producers: Jérôme Barthélemy, Skuli Fr. Malmquist, Daniel Sauvage
- executive producer: Thor S. Sigurjonsson
- production design by Bjarni Sigurbjörnsson
- written by Chris Briggs & Magali Magistry
- based on a story by Chris Briggs
- cinematography by Pierre de Kerchove
- edited by Sébastien de Sainte Croix
- music by Högni Egilsson
- costume design by Helga Rós Hannam
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Drama
- released in
- official website: www.magalimagistry.com
- "Vikings" a.k.a. "Vikings!" is a book by A. Willemsen.
- also known as "Vikings!: raids in the Rhine/Meuse region 800-1000"
- "Vikings" a.k.a. "Vikings!" is a book by Magnus Magnusson.
"Vikings" est un jeu vidéo d'aventure sorti sur PC en 1998.
- developer: MC2 France
- released in (17 years ago)
"Vikings" is a musical album of Trevor Morris.
- released on
Vikings is a musical group.
- album: "Across the Great Wide Sea"
- Vikings a.k.a. Portland State University is a public coeducational research university located in the southwest University District of downtown Portland, Oregon, United States. Founded in 1946, it has the largest on-site student enrollment in Oregon and it is the only public urban university in the state that is located in a major metropolitan city. Portland State offers Bachelor's and Master's degrees, as well as doctorates in seventeen fields. Portland State is governed by a board of trustees.
- Vikings a.k.a. Cleveland State University is a public university located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. It was established in 1964 when the state of Ohio assumed control of Fenn College and absorbed the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1969. Today it is part of the University System of Ohio, has more than 100,000 alumni, and offers over 200 academic programs. Its mission is to "encourage excellence, diversity, and engaged learning by providing a contemporary and accessible education in the arts, sciences, humanities and professions, and by conducting research, scholarship, and creative activity across these branches of knowledge.
- Vikings were Germanic Norse seafarers, speaking the Old Norse language, who raided and traded from their Scandinavian homelands across wide areas of northern and central Europe, as well as European Russia, during the late 8th to late 11th centuries. The term is also commonly extended in modern English and other vernaculars to the inhabitants of Viking home communities during what has become known as the Viking Age. This period of Norse military, mercantile and demographic expansion constitutes an important element in the early medieval history of Scandinavia, the British Isles, France, Kievan Rus' and Sicily.
- also known as Ascomanni, Ashmen, Lochlanach, Dene, Rus', Rhōs, Varangians, Varyags, Viking
- Vikings a.k.a. Vikings Season 1: Vikings is a Canadian-Irish historical drama television series, written and created by Michael Hirst for the television channel History. It premiered on March 3, 2013 in the United States and Canada.
- read more about Vikings Season 1
- Vikings a.k.a. Vikings - Season 2: Season 1 of Vikings left many unresolved issues and cliffhangers—would Rollo really fight against his brother Ragnar? What will result from Ragnar’s night of passion with Princess Aslaug? Can his marriage to Lagertha survive both his infidelity and the death of their daughter Gyda? In Season 2, these issues are resolved in dramatic and often unexpected ways.
- read more about Vikings - Season 2
- Vikings is a 2012 BBC television documentary series written and presented by Neil Oliver charting the rise of the Vikings from prehistoric times to the empire of Canute.
- begun on and completed on
- 3 episodes
- country: United Kingdom
- Vikings is the school mascot of Vinton County High School in in McArthur, Ohio.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vikings
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Living Church (1976)
The Vikings is a highly valuable ac- ount of the lives and activities of these arly northern seafaring adventurers. Vhat emerges from the author's esearch could well be the first in- elligent unemotional accounting of the diking barbaric ...
Balderdash & Piffle (2010)
by Alex Games
The Vikings The received wisdom about the Vikings is that 46 BQLOEHMSH L FIFFLE .
by Christopher Innes
But The Vikings is a play in which nothing would be lost if all the characters wore masks. Indeed, it would be all the better, if the masks were sufficiently grotesque." 20 As for the ritualistic movement, the steeply angled platforms constructed to ...
Small Group Idea Book (2003)
by Cindy Bunch
SCREAMING VIKINGS Henry Lee Screaming Vikings is a hysterically funny game well suited to a group in the early stages or to an established group that needs a break for hilarity. You probably need twenty to thirty minutes to play.
by Katherine Holman
Introduction The Vikings, those medieval Scandinavian warriors who launched ferocious and much-lamented attacks on western Europe, continue to evoke vivid images and lively public interest today, some 1,200 years after they first came to ...
by Editors of Kingfisher
THE VIKINGS c.600-1000 The Vikings have a reputation as raiders and violent warriors. But they were also traders and settlers, whose impact on European history has been great and lasting. During the 700s, the Vikings began to venture from ...
by John Grasso
AFC San Francisco 49ers, NFC Loser, League Kansas City Chiefs, AFL Oakland Raiders, AF L Baltimore Colts, NFL Minnesota Vikings, NFL Dallas Cowboys, NFC Miami Dolphins, AFC Washington Redskins, NFC Minnesota Vikings, NFC ...
by Richard Lawrence Miller
Amanita mushrooms containing the substance are believed to have been available to ancient Vikings, and some students of the topic wonder if the drug powered the Vikings' famed Berserker rage, in which they would descend upon ...
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
THE VIKINGS (1958) Director: Richard Fleischer Writers: Calder Willingham, Dale Wasserman. Based on the novel The Viking, by Edison Marshall. ProDucer: Jerry Bresler (Bryna Productions) cinematograPher: Jack Cardiff eDitor: Elmo ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Keary, The Vikings in Western Christendom, pp. 162, 260.) No example could better than this bring home to us the strangeness of the Christian world to the first adventurers from ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vikings
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vikings
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Vikings
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Definition of "SWAG" | GET TO KNOW YOUR VIKINGS [#5]
What is swag? Let the viks define that for you. FOR MORE ON THE PORTLAND STATE VIKINGS: Official Website...
- EFL Halbfinale Raiffeisen Vikings vs. Berlin Adler Interviews
EFL Halbfinale Raiffeisen Vikings vs. Berlin Adler 41:17 (7:7/17:3/14:0/3:7) 16. Juni 2013 15:00 Uhr, Stadion Hohe Warte Wien Interviews mit Kevin Ramay (QB ...
- EFL 2008 Vikings vs. Bergamo
Some highlights from the EFL-Quarterfinal 2008. Vikings QB Philipp Jobstmann, who had his first start ever, led his team to a 51:32 victory over the old rival.
- Spielbericht Vienna Vikings - Berlin Adler (EFL, 2013)
- EFL Finale Vienna Raiffeisen Vikings
in letzter sec. verloren :o...
- [Challenge Mode] Conquer Christendom with Vikings! - Challenge Description - Crusader Kings 2
What's the challenge that Kaleb must complete in a month's time? Here's the challenge description for ya! -- Watch live at ...
View more videos about The Vikings.
See also the pronunciation examples of Vikings!
Vikings Fans know Responsibility Has its Rewards (Sign Language)
Quotes about Vikings
When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, 'Hey, good job.' (Jack Handey)
more quotes about vikings...
Scrabble value of V4I1K5I1N1G2S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VIKINGS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Vikings!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vikings to see it in context!