On this page:
- Definition of the noun virgin
- Definition of the adjective virgin
- Phrases with Virgin
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Virgin
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Virgin
- Photos about Virgin
- Videos about Virgin
- Sign language
- Quotes about Virgin
- Scrabble value of V4I1R1G2I1N1
- Anagrams of VIRGIN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun virgin
What does virgin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: virgins
- a person who has never had sex
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Virgo
- the sixth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about August 23 to September 22
Definition of the adjective virgin
What does virgin mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- being used or worked for the first time
- example: virgin wool
- similar: new
- in a state of sexual virginity
Alternative definition of the adjective virgin
- In a state of virginity; chaste, not having had sexual intercourse.
- Of a physical object, untouched.
- Of olive oil, obtained by mechanical means, so that the oil is not altered.
- Of mixed drinks, not containing alcohol.
- Virgin a.k.a. Virgin Atlantic, a trading name of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, is a British airline with its head office in Crawley, West Sussex, England. The airline was established in 1984 as British Atlantic Airways, and was originally planned by its co-founders Randolph Fields and Alan Hellary to fly between London and the Falkland Islands. Soon after changing the name to Virgin Atlantic Airways, Fields sold his shares in the company after disagreements with Richard Branson over the management of the company. The maiden flight from Gatwick to Newark Liberty International Airport took place on 22 June 1984. The airline along with Virgin Holidays is controlled by a holding company Virgin Atlantic Limited which is owned 51% by the Virgin Group and 49% by Delta Air Lines. It is administratively separate from other Virgin-branded airlines.
- also known as Virgin Atlantic Airways, 維珍航空
- official website: www.virgin-atlantic.com
- Virgin a.k.a. Virgin Australia Airlines, formerly Virgin Blue Airlines, is Australia's second-largest airline as well as the largest by fleet size to use the Virgin brand. Now based in Bowen Hills, Brisbane, the airline was co-founded by British businessman Richard Branson, the founder of parent Virgin Group and former Virgin Blue CEO Brett Godfrey. It was established in 2000 with two aircraft operating on a single route, and suddenly found itself catapulted to the position of Australia's second airline after the collapse of Ansett Australia in September 2001. The airline has grown to directly serve 29 cities in Australia from hubs in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, using a fleet of narrow-body Boeing and Embraer jets; and Airbus and Boeing widebody jets.
- also known as Virgin Australia, Virgin Blue Airlines, Virgin Blue
- official website: www.virginblue.com.au
Virgin was a Polish pop rock band created in 2000 that officially disbanded in 2007. Its lead singer was Dorota Rabczewska.
- genres: Rock music, Pop music
- albums: "Bimbo", "Ficca", "Soon Comes the Day", "Virgin", "Virgin Box"
- nomination: - nominated to MTV Europe Music Award for Best Polish Act
- official website: www.virgin.net.pl
- Virgin is a fictional character from the 1989 film A Tale of Adam Mickiewicz's 'Forefathers' Eve.
- Virgin is a fictional character from the 1966 film The Deadly Affair.
- Virgin is a fictional character from the 1982 film Blood Tide.
- Virgin is a fictional film character.
- "Virgin" is a book by Hanne Blank.
- also known as "Virgin: The Untouched History"
- "Virgin" is a book by Terry Southern.
- genre: Music
- subjects: Music, Literature, History, Recording, Great Britain, Social history, Rock music, Music industry
- "Virgin" is a book by James Patterson.
- "Virgin" is a book by Robin Maxwell.
- "Virgin" is a 2003 American film, directed by Deborah Kampmeier and starring Elisabeth Moss, Robin Wright Penn and Daphne Rubin-Vega.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Sarah Schenck
- executive producers: Deborah Kampmeier & Robin Wright
- written by Deborah Kampmeier
- Elisabeth Moss as Jessie Reynolds
- Daphne Rubin-Vega as Frances
- Sam Riley as Michael
- Robin Wright as Mrs. Reynolds
- Peter Gerety as Mr. Reynolds
- Christopher Wynkoop as Pastor
- Stephanie Gatschet as Katie Reynolds
- Charles Socarides as Shane
- Socorro Santiago as Lorna
- Stephen Brian Jones as Cowboy
- Andrew Thaman as Newspaper Manager
- Patrizia Hernandez as Girl in Diner
- Susan Varon as Waitress
- Robert Berlin as Red
- Tiffany Evans as Parent
- Dolly Williams as Drug Store Cashier
- Tom Bruno as Officer One
- P.O. John Smith as Officer Two
- Braithe Gill as Classmate One
- Katharine Brandt as Classmate Two
- Leslie Graves as Leslie
- Robert Lehrer as Crinkled Man
- Deborah Carlson as Jewelry Store Clerk
- Richard Aldis as Drug Store Manager
- David Berry as Officer Three
- Michael Grenham as Officer Four
- Ninon Rogers as Jeanne
- Nick Cisik as Boy in Hallway #1
- Rory Sheridan as Boy in Hallway #2
- Stuart Sierra as Boy in Hallway #3
- Wes Whitehead as Boy in Hallway #4
- Lotte Collins as Rhonda
- Hugh Foster as Masked Boy #5
- Lisa Altomare as Hospital Administrator
- Lisa Preston as Nurse
- Tom Oppenheim as Doctor
- Doug LaTessa as Protestor
- Curtiss Cook as Security Guard
- Peter Flierl as Man in waiting room
- Nick Cisik as Masked Boy #1
- Rory Sheridan as Masked Boy #2
- Stuart Sierra as Masked Boy #3
- Wes Whitehead as Masked Boy #4
- casting by Jen Rudin
- cinematography by Ben Wolf
- genres: Indie film, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Virgin" is a 2005 drama film written by Aramantono and directed by Hanny Saputra.
- also known as Virgin: Ketika Keperawanan Dipertanyakan
- starring: Uli Auliani
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Virgin" is a film.
- also known as 처녀도
- country: South Korea
- genres: Romance Film, Melodrama
- "Virgin" is the first full-length album by South Korean girl group After School. They firstly promoted the album by performing their lead track "Shampoo" along with a tap dance performance to "Let's Step Up". It was released on April 29, 2011 and contains 13 songs. The group has released three music videos for the album: Shampoo, Let's Step Up, and Play Ur Love.
- "Virgin": Virgin is first album released by a Polish pop rock band Virgin.
- genre: Pop rock
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Virgin" is a musical album of Lexi Weege.
- released on
- "Virgin" is a musical single of Immaculate:Grotesque & A Fail Association.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Virgin" is a musical album of Traffic Sound.
- released in (47 years ago)
- "Virgin" is a musical single of Crane Angels.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "VIRGIN" is a musical album of exist†trace.
- released on
- "Virgin" is a musical album of 얀.
Virgin is a town in Washington County, Utah, United States. The population was 596 at the 2010 census. It is located along the Virgin River, not far from Zion National Park. The elevation is 3,606 feet. It lies on the route of State Route 9.
- Virgin a.k.a. Virginity is the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse. There are cultural and religious traditions which place special value and significance on this state, especially in the case of unmarried females, associated with notions of personal purity, honor and worth.
- read more about Virginity
- Virgin: The title Virgin is an honorific that the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church bestows to female saints and blesseds who were consecrated virgins, nuns or unmarried women known for a life in chastity. Moreover, being referred to as Virgin can especially mean being a member of the Ordo Virginum, which applies to the consecrated virgins living in the world or in monastic orders.
- Virgin is a make of automobile produced by Virgin Racing.
Phrases with Virgin
Phrases starting with the word Virgin:
- Virgin Oil
- Virgin Chub
- virgin mary
- virgin wool
- virgin birth
- Virgin Field
- virgin forest
- Virgin Nerite
- Virgin Timber
- Virgin Sulphur
- Virgin Thistle
- virgin's bower
- Virgin Islander
Phrases ending with the word Virgin:
View more phrases with the word Virgin in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Virgin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Colin Larkin
CDBoxSet (Virgin 1991) , Ballads +...
VIDEOS: Emerald Aisles ( Virgin Vision1986),Video Singles: Gary Moore(VirginVision 1988), Gary Moore: Live ...
Dictionary Of Saints (2005)
by John J. Delaney
Presentation in the Temple of Our Most Holy Queen, Mother of God and Ever- Virgin Mary. Sts. Philemon and Others with him, Apostles; St. Caecilia. Virgin- Martyr. Amphilochius, Bishop of Iconium, and Gregory. Bishop ofAgrigentum.
A New Dictionary of Anecdotes illustrative of character and events ... Arranged alphabetically, according to ... subjects (1822)
by George RAMSAY (Compiler.)
While the court was busy in making proselytes to the Roman Catholic faith, and some of the new papists pretended on this occasion to have seen visions; amongst the most forward was Joe Haines the comedian, who declared that the Virgin ...
A Dictionary of Correspondences, Representatives, and Significatives Derived from the Word of the Lord. Extracted from the Writings of E. Swedenborg. [Abridged Principally from The"Dictionary of Correspondences,"by G. Nicholson.] (1841)
by Emanuel Swedenborg, George NICHOLSON (Incumbent of Little Budworth.)
VIRGIN sig. the Lord's kingdom and also the church, and hence every one who is a kingdom of the Lord, or who is a church, and this from conjugial love which is in chaste virgins; in a proper sense they are virgins, who are in love to the Lord, ...
Mongolian English Dictionary (2013)
virgin (adj.) ...
It closes with a reflection on the theological and pastoral value of devotion to the Blessed Virgin, pointing out its "effectiveness for renewing the Christian way of life." Marian Year • The dedication of a particular year to the honor of the Blessed ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Virgin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Virgin
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: SanguineSeas
Queen Street Train Station
North Hanover Street, Glasgow, Glasgow City G1 2AF, United Kingdom
Photo credit: Michel Curi
- Virgin River
Photo credit: spacecadet
- G-VSUN VIRGIN
seen 17/09/12 on approach to Heathrow,over Hounslow
Photo credit: eastleighbusman
- Virgin Atlantic Interior
The interior of the Virgin Atlantic plane flying from SF to London was pretty funky. They even had a bar on board.
Photo credit: kadavy
- Virgin Falls
Photo credit: TheTurducken
- Virgin Atlantic
Photo credit: Trans World Productions
- Virgin Train at Brighton
Unidentified Virgin Train at Brighton, waiting to form the afternoon service to Manchester Piccadilly (which no longer runs).
Photo credit: Mr MPD
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Virgin
Click on an item to play that video:
- Virgin Meaning
Video shows what virgin means. A person who has never had sexual intercourse, or sometimes, one who has never engaged in any sexual activity at all.
- Still Virgin - Signification Without Explanation "Kara Efek"
"Iseng Bikin Efek Karaoke " Project.
- Virgin Meaning
Video shows what Virgin means. Mary, the mother of Jesus.. The constellation and star sign Virgo.. A conglomeration of various businesses founded by Richard ...
- How to pronounce VIRGIN GALACTIC - American Pronunciation, Definition and Example Sentence
Virgin Galactic: Virgin Galactic is one of Richard Branson's companies. This company's main goal is to provide space tourism for the regular person...provided ...
- Christian virgin birth myth debunked (Twi language)
This lecture addresses issues including: Will the messiah be born of a virgin? Is the messiah human or a divine son of God? Is Isaiah 7:14 about the messiah?
- School Assignment - Technical Description - Virgin Galactic Space Ship 2
- (Aliexpress) virgin Mongolian kinky curly hair review (check description box)
- Julia jackson giving a brief description about her virgin d
- Aliexpress Hair Ms Lula s Virgin Hair Will It Curl - Check description
- Aliexpress Affordable Virgin Hair 4 Seasons Final Review - Check description
- 5 Virgin Hair Companies To Know - Check description
Clik here to see the product...
- Porter Robinson - Language Virgin Mobile Live 2012
- Aliexpress Juliet Virgin Hair 1 Month Update - Check description
Clik here to see the product...
View more videos about Virgin Oil, Virgin Mary, Extra Virgin, Virgin Field, Vestal Virgin, Virgin Forest, Virgin Timber, Virgin Islands, Virgin Sulphur, Virgin Islander, Virgin Olive Oil, and Virgin Territory.
See also the pronunciation examples of Virgin!
BSL Understanding your Virgin Mobile eBill (British Sign Language Version)
Want to know what makes up your bill? Here Melissa shows you how to view your mobile bill online and understand what each of the charges means.
Quotes about Virgin
My career has been 65% virgin and 35% whore. I've refused roles many times because I'd have to lose my integrity, my dreams of doing something worthwhile with regard to character. That's the virgin part of me. (Rod Steiger)
more quotes about virgin...
Scrabble value of V4I1R1G2I1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VIRGIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Virgin!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Virgin to see it in context!