Viscount St. Albans
On this page:
Definition of the noun viscount st. albans
What does viscount st. albans mean as a name of something?
- English statesman and philosopher; precursor of British empiricism; advocated inductive reasoning (1561-1626)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of Viscount St. Albans: 1st Baron Verulam / Bacon / Baron Verulam / Francis Bacon / Sir Francis Bacon
- instance of: philosopher = a specialist in philosophy; national leader / solon / statesman = a man who is a respected leader in national or international affairs
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Viscount St. Albans
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Toby Widdicombe, James M. Morris, Andrea Kross
• BACON, FRANCIS, VISCOUNT ST. ALBANS (1561–1626) human will and wise judgment are necessary to prevent science-based utopian projects from degenerating and life moving full circle back to primitivism. BACON, FRANCIS ...
by Pamela Gossin
and First Viscount St. Albans (1621) before being imprisoned on grounds of corruption. Fearing that the current ill repute of learning would result in a second ...
An Universal, Historical, Geographical, Chronologica and Poetical Dictionary ... The whole consisting of a curious miscellany of sacred and prophane history, extracted from Moreri, Bayle, Baudrand, Hoffmann, Danet, etc (1703)
1- com, Lord Verulam, Viscount St. Albans, and Lord High Chancellor ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Viscount St. Albans
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Viscount St. Albans to find many related words and phrases!