On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wtc
What does wtc mean as a name of something?
- twin skyscrapers 110 stories high in New York City; built 1368 feet tall in 1970 to 1973; destroyed by a terrorist attack on September 11, 2001
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of WTC: twin towers / World Trade Center
- instance of: skyscraper = a very tall building with many stories
- part of: Greater New York / New York / New York City = the largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river
Other definitions of wtc
What does wtc also mean?
- world trade center (any of many around the world)
- The World Trade Center, formerly located in New York City.
WTC a.k.a. The World Trade Center is a partially completed complex of buildings, under construction, in Lower Manhattan, New York City, United States, replacing an earlier complex of seven buildings with the same name on the same site. The original World Trade Center featured landmark twin towers, which opened on April 4, 1973, and were destroyed in the September 11 attacks of 2001, along with 7 World Trade Center. The other buildings in the complex were severely damaged by the collapse of the twin towers, and their ruins were eventually demolished. The site is being rebuilt with six new skyscrapers, a memorial to those killed in the attacks, and a transportation hub. One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the United States, is the lead building for the new complex, reaching more than 100 stories upon its completion in November 2014.
- read more about World Trade Center
"Wtc" a.k.a. "World Trade Center" is a 2006 drama film directed by Oliver Stone and based on the September 11 attacks at the World Trade Center. It stars Nicolas Cage, Maria Bello, Michael Peña, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Stephen Dorff and Michael Shannon. The film was shot between October 19, 2005 and February 10, 2006 and released on August 9, 2006.
- also known as September
- countries: United States of America, Germany, United Kingdom
- languages: English Language, Arabic Language
- producers: Moritz Borman, Michael Shamberg, Debra Hill & Stacey Sher
- executive producers: Norman Golightly & Donald J. Lee, Jr.
- production design by Jan Roelfs
- art direction by Richard L. Johnson
- written by Andrea Berloff
- based on a story by Donna McLoughlin, John McLoughlin, Will Jimeno & Allison Jimeno
- Nicolas Cage as John McLoughlin
- Maria Bello as Donna McLoughlin
- Connor Paolo as Steven McLoughlin
- Anthony Piccininni as JJ McLoughlin
- Alexa Gerasimovich as Erin McLoughlin
- Morgan Flynn as Caitlin McLoughlin
- Michael Peña as Will Jimeno
- Armando Riesco as Antonio Rodrigues
- Jay Hernandez as Dominick Pezzulo
- Jon Bernthal as Christopher Amoroso
- Nick Damici as Lieutenant Kassimatis
- Jude Ciccolella as Inspector Fields
- Ned Eisenberg as Officer Polnicki
- Nicholas Turturro as Officer Colovito
- Danny Nucci as Officer Giraldi
- Maggie Gyllenhaal as Allison Jimeno
- Donna Murphy as Judy Jonas
- Michael Shannon as Dave Karnes
- Stephen Dorff as Scott Strauss
- Frank Whaley as Chuck Sereika
- Viola Davis as Mother in Hospital
- Gary Stretch as John's Paramedic
- Joe Starr as Subway Rider
- Will Jimeno as Port Authority Officer
- Martin Pfeffercorn as Homeless Addict #1
- Razame de la Crackers as Homeless Addict #2
- Nelson Peña as Street Hood #1
- Marcos Palma as Street Hood #2
- Andre Ward as Port Authority Hustler
- Lisa Yuen as Port Authority Tourist
- Cliff Bemis as Desk Cop
- Harmonica Sunbeam as 9th Avenue Hooker
- Tyree Michael Simpson as Officer Washington
- Kevin Feely as Plain Clothes Officer
- Mark Elliot Wilson as Street Businessman
- Tawny Cypress as Bleeding Woman #1
- Robert Blanche as WTC Desk Officer
- Terry Quinn as Fire Fighter in Concourse
- Ed Jewett as Wisconsin Cop
- Maria Helan as Allison's Co-Worker
- Brad William Henke as Allison's Brother
- Patti D'Arbanville as Donna's Neighbor
- Nicky Katt as Volunteer Fireman
- Lucia Brawley as Will's Sister
- Kimberly Scott as Sergeant King
- Dara Coleman as Officer Boel
- casting by Billy Hopkins, Kerry Barden, Paul Schnee, Suzanne Smith, Mary Vernieu
- cinematography by Seamus McGarvey
- edited by David Brenner & Julie Monroe
- music by Craig Armstrong
- costume design by Michael Dennison
- set decoration by Beth Rubino
- location: New York City
- genres: Disaster Film, War film, Action/Adventure, Docudrama, Drama
- subjects: September 11 attacks, Terrorism, Tragedy
- tagline: The World Saw Evil That Day. Two Men Saw Something Else.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
- award: - ALMA Award for Favorite Movie Actor nomination for Michael Peña
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for WTC
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Rebecca L. Oxford
Willingness to communicate WTC is the probability that an individual will choose to initiate communication, more ...
Local Government Finance (2007)
Oral and Written Evidence by Great Britain: Parliament: House of Commons: Communities and Local Government Committee
WTC is the responsibility of HMRC. 6.3.2 Annex 1 explains how CTB is calculated. The CTB "taper" of 20% means that for each extra £1 of income (after tax) above a prescribed amount the individual is expected to contribute 20 pence towards ...
Activation Policies in the United Kingdom by OECD
WTC is a means-tested benefit and can be claimed by working individuals who have a low income. CTC is also a means-tested benefit and can be claimed by individuals responsible for children. CTC can be paid to low-income families both in ...
by Ronald G. Driggers
using WTC. Fig. 5 An optical...
A Dictionary of Language Acquisition:A Comprehensive Overview of Key Terms in First and Second Language Acquisition (2013)
A Comprehensive Overview of Key Terms in First and Second Language Acquisition by Hossein Tavakoli
willingness to communicate willingness to communicate also WTC an underlying continuum representing the predisposition toward or ...
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
Day in 2001 on which two jet aircraft purposefully flew into the World Trade Center (WTC) twin towers, destroying them and killing thousands of people. It is the worst terrorist attack ever committed on U.S. soil. At 8:00 a.m. ...
The average strength of hydrogen bonding, as expressed by the wavenumber shift per temperature change (WTC in cm −1 °C−1 ,whichis actuallythefirst derivativeofν (OH)versus temperature),couldbe related to the macromolecular stability in ...
by Paul Joseph
One struck the World Trade Center (WTC) North Tower, and another struck the South Tower, both in Manhattan. A third plane struck the Pentagon, just outside Washington, DC, in Arlington, VA. The fourth plane, reportedly dispatched to DC, ...
by J ..... -T ..... Thompson
WTC par, s. m. The opposite bank or shore. adv. Over, across, on or to the other side, through, beyond. adj. Last, past, the end, the extremity. Par kurna, To ferry over ...
by Jennifer Ford
Wtc*£,. Ohomv. Sand. atul. Wctter. Materials Cork bits • birdseed • Styrofoam pieces • shredded paper • crushed ice and ice cubes • rock salt • colored salt • colored water • toy trucks, cars, people, animals, and dinosaurs • plastic eggs • tongs ...
by Richard J. Samuels
the hijackers crashed it into the north tower of the World Trade Center (WTC) in New York City. Eighteen minutes later, the south tower of ...
A Practical Compilation of Today's Acronyms and Abbreviations
weight WTC World Trade Center ...
by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation
2t5 WTC V Villanelle: Chopin Etude in G-flat for piano, Op. 25, No. 9. Voces Intimae: Sibelius String Quartet in D Minor, Op. 56. w Wagner Symphony: Bruckner Symphony No. 3 in D Minor. Waisenhausmesse: Mozart Mass in C Minor, K l39 (K ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for WTC
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about WTC
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: cytech
Photo credit: Nestor's Blurrylife
Photo credit: cytech
Photo credit: cytech
new tower in the fog
Photo credit: Edsel L
Photo credit: pasa47
Photo credit: brownpau
Photo credit: Francisco Antunes
Coming north on the NJ Turnpike or the Metroliner, they were always there, saying "You're getting close (to NYC) now!"
Photo credit: Mobilus In Mobili
Photo credit: Leonidas-from-XIV
Photo credit: NightFlightToVenus
New York City
Photo credit: jac....
- WTC at night
Video on Youtube...
Photo credit: Marcelo Campi Amateur photographer
- WTC building
Photo credit: MelisaTG
- Amsterdam WTC
Photo credit: franzconde
- WTC Barcellona
Photo credit: Lapatia
- Close to WTC
Photo credit: andylepp
- WTC slurry wall
The west side of the World Trade Center. This wall holds back the Hudson River--everything west of it is built on landfill.
Hard to get a good shot because of all the fencing every which way. Looks more interesting viewed large.
Photo credit: Listen Missy!
- WTC - PATH Station construction
Photo credit: Mike Roberts NYC
- WTC disappearing into the fog
Photo credit: pburka
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about WTC
As far as the targets hit by the Islamic attackers, I do not consider the WTC a U.S. institution, but the headquarters of most that's wrong with our present masters. (Tom Metzger)
more quotes about wtc...
Scrabble value of W4T1C3
The value of this 3-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WTC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of WTC!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of WTC to see it in context!