On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun walesa
What does walesa mean as a name of something?
- Polish labor leader and statesman (born in 1943)
- example: Speaking with reporters in Montreal, Canada, Walesa says the change of leadership in East Germany came about because the old guard leaders missed the train of history.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of Walesa: Lech Walesa
- instance of: labor leader = a leader of a labor movement; national leader / solon / statesman = a man who is a respected leader in national or international affairs
"Walesa" a.k.a. "Walesa: Man of Hope": Walesa: A Man of Hope is a 2013 biographical drama film directed by Andrzej Wajda.
- also known as Wałęsa, Walesa. Czlowiek z nadziei, Wa?e;sa. Czlowiek z nadziei., Wa?e;sa. Cz?owiek z nadziei, Walesa. Man Of Hope, Walesa. Czlowiek Z Nadziei., Wałęsa. Człowiek z nadziei – Director's Cut, Wa??sa. Cz?owiek z nadziei
- country: Poland
- languages: Polish Language, Italian Language
- producer: Michał Kwieciński
- executive producers: Malgorzata Fogel-Gabrys & Katarzyna Fukacz-Cebula
- production design by Magdalena Dipont
- written by Janusz Głowacki
- based on a story by Janusz Głowacki
- Robert Więckiewicz as Lech Walesa
- Agnieszka Grochowska as Danuta Walesa
- Iwona Bielska as Ilona
- Zbigniew Zamachowski as Nawislak
- Maria Rosaria Omaggio as Oriana Fallaci
- Ewa Kolasinska as Shipyard worker #2
- Mirosław Baka as Dyrektor
- Michał Czernecki as Male Secretary of POP
- Remigiusz Jankowski as Shipyard worker #1
- Wojciech Kalarus as Chairman
- Piotr Probosz as Mijak
- Marcin Hycnar as KOR member Rysiek
- Maciej Marczewski as KOR member
- Maciej Konopinski as Tajniak SB
- Cezary Kosinski as Majchrzak
- Andrzej Grabowski as Dyrektor stoczni
- Joanna Kulig
- casting by Ewa Brodzka
- cinematography by Pawel Edelman
- edited by Milenia Fiedler & Grazyna Gradon
- music by Paweł Mykietyn
- costume design by Magdalena Biedrzycka
- set decoration by Wieslawa Chojkowska
- genres: Biographical film, Drama, Historical drama
- released on
- Polish Academy Award for Best Actress (as Danuta Wałęsa) nomination for Agnieszka Grochowska
- Polish Academy Award for Best Costume Design nomination for Magdalena Biedrzycka
- Polish Academy Award for Best Actor (as Lech Walesa) nomination for Robert Więckiewicz
- Polish Academy Award for Best Editing nomination for Grazyna Gradon & Milenia Fiedler
- Polish Academy Award for Best Production Design nomination for Magdalena Dipont
- official website: www.walesafilm.pl
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Walesa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Poland, Solidarity, Walesa (2013)
by Michael R. Dobbs, K. S. Karol, Dessa Trevisan
Lech Walesa is the leader of an independent labor organization - Solidarity. The book begins with the background of crisis in Poland. The peaceful revolution is then described.
Myself with Others (1990)
Selected Essays by Carlos Fuentes
Lech Walesa is a man who started out at daybreak, at the hour when the history of Poland demanded that the people of Poland act to solve the problems that a repressive government and a hollow party no longer knew how to solve.
The Roots of Solidarity (2014)
A Political Sociology of Poland's Working-Class Democratization by Roman Laba
Second, Walesa is a trickster.
by Mike Royko
After all, Walesa is a genuine hero, and Chicago has the largest number of Poles of any city except Warsaw. And Milwaukee Avenue has always been the most Polish of all Chicago streets. Some call it Polish Broadway. You can also make a ...
by Cathal J. Nolan
Led by Lech Walesa, it pressed ever-greater demands until the Soviet Union threatened intervention, as it previously carried out in Czechoslovakia and Hungary. The Polish Army, under Jaruzelski, then stepped in to impose martial law, and ...
Encyclopedia of Politics (2005)
by Rodney P. Carlisle
Walesa, now president of Solidarity, was arrested as well. An 18-month-long struggle between the communist authorities (who had to report to Moscow, Soviet Union) and the independent labor union appeared to come to an end. In April 1982 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Walesa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Walesa
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Walesa
I belong to the generation of workers who, born in the villages and hamlets of rural Poland, had the opportunity to acquire education and find employment in industry, becoming in the course conscious of their rights and importance in society. (Lech Walesa)
more quotes about walesa...
Scrabble value of W4A1L1E1S1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine