On this page:
- Warren Ellis: Warren Girard Ellis is an English author of comics, novels, and television, who is well known for sociocultural commentary, both through his online presence and through his writing, which covers transhumanist themes. He is a resident of Southend-on-Sea, England.
- Warren Ellis is an Australian musician and composer. He is a member of several groups: Dirty Three, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Grinderman. He has also composed film scores with Nick Cave. Ellis plays violin, piano, bouzouki, guitar, flute, mandolin, tenor guitar, and viola. Ellis has been a member of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds since the mid-nineties.
- also known as The Dirty Three
- born in (50 years ago) in Ballarat
- nationality: Australia
- profession: Film score composer, multi-instrumentalist, composer, musician
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Delphine Ciampi Ellis since
- parent of
- albums: "3 Pieces for Violin", "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford", "White Lunar", "The Road", "Lawless", "The Proposition"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to World Soundtrack Award for Discovery of the Year - "The Proposition", with Nick Cave
- nominated to Ariel Award for Best Original Score - "Days of Grace", with Atticus Ross, Shigeru Umebayashi, Nick Cave
- nominated to Satellite Award for Best Original Song - "Fire in the Blood/Snake Song" (in Lawless), with Nick Cave & Emmylou Harris
- Ariel Award for Best Original Score - "Days of Grace", with Atticus Ross, Shigeru Umebayashi, Nick Cave
- Warren Ellis is a fictional character from the 1918 film Lend Me Your Name.
- Warren Ellis is a fictional character from the 2011 documentary film Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Warren Ellis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games, 2d ed. by Paul Green
Story:Warren Ellis; Art: John Cassaday; Publisher: Wildstorm Productions. When a cannonball-shaped object containing two skeletal figures crashes to earth in modernday America, the history ...
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
cinematograPher: Roger Deakins eDitors: Curtiss Clayton, Dylan Tichenor music: Nick Cave, Warren Ellis cast: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Warren Ellis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Warren Ellis
Click on an item to view that photo: