On this page:
- Definition of the noun Were
- Definition of the verb Were
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Were
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Were
- Photos about Were
- Video language resources about Were
- Sign language
- Quotes about Were
- Scrabble value of W4E1R1E1
- Anagrams of WERE
- Share this page
The word were is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Were
What does Were mean as a name of something?
- [archaic] man (human male), as in [term, werewolf, , man-wolf, lang=en].
- [fandom] The collective name for any kind of person that changes into another form under certain conditions, including the werewolf.
Definition of the verb Were
What does Were mean as a doing word?
- Second-person singular simple past tense indicative of be.
- First-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- Second-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- Third-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- Simple imperfect subjunctive in all persons of be.
- [Northern England] was.
- "Were" is a musical album of Sinouj.
- released on
- "Were" is a musical album of Jimmyjohn McCabe.
- released on
- "Were" is a composition.
- Were and wer are archaic terms for adult male humans and were often used for alliteration with wife as "were and wife" in Germanic-speaking cultures.
- WERE – branded NewsTalk 1490 – is a commercial news/talk radio station licensed to Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Owned by Radio One, the station serves Greater Cleveland. In the Cleveland radio market, WERE is the AM affiliate for The Tom Joyner Morning Show, and the sole affiliate for Redding News Review, Red Eye Radio, and ABC News Radio, while sharing Keepin' it Real with Rev. Al Sharpton with sister station WJMO. Its studios are located along the Euclid Avenue Corridor in Cleveland's eastside, while the station transmitter resides near University Circle.
- official website: www.newstalk1490.com
- Were a.k.a. The Sawai language is a South Halmahera language of Austronesian stock spoken in Weda and Gane Timor districts of southern Halmahera, northern Maluku Providence, Indonesia. There are approximately 12,000 speakers.
- read more about Sawai language
- Were a.k.a. Mom Jango language: The Vere language, also known as Kobo or Mom Jango, is a member of the Duru branch of Savanna languages. It is spoken across the northern Nigerian–Cameroonian border.
- read more about Mom Jango language
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Were
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Origin and Formation of the Political Thought of Xun Zi by Masayuki Sato
and tonglei M H , were also means for accomplishing order. Xun Zi envisioned the order of human society in relation to that manifested by Heaven and by Earth and considered that since the order of Heaven and Earth was a given fact, ...
Ellicott City (2006)
by Janet Kusterer, Victoria Goeller
Road and rails were means to get crops to market and move people and merchandise quickly and efficiently. The river provided the power to run the mills and make the area a premier industrial center in the 19th century. Here fire chief B. H. ...
Souls in the Great Machine (2002)
by Sean Mcmullen
Still, there were means available to prevent ...
by M. Eliav-Feldon
Flogging, one should notforget,also marked the body forlife,and these scars,too, were means by whichto determine whethera delinquent had been judicially punished previously. Nonetheless, though infrequent in some German principalities, ...
by Donald Ricky
northern drainages, and strong cultural influences were affected from the greater Southeast. On the same rivers, but upstream, lived various Iroquoian and Siouan tribes who combined hunting, farming, and fishing. In the middle drainage ...
by Merril D. Smith
Its publication offices were in NewYork City, and it published 21 different editions in 17 countries,with each issue containing content from the main office and from local bureaus. Enlisted soldiers were its primary creators and audience, and ...
by Donald Ricky
The Erie were brave and warlike, employing only bows and poisoned arrows. Following the rupture of relations between the Erie and the Iroquois in 1653, the Erie burned a Seneca town, pursued an Iroquois war party returning from the Great ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Were
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Were
Click on an item to view that photo:
If the Three Stooges were cops, yuck yuck!
Don't be a wise guy to a cop!
Photo credit: kennethkonica
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Were
Click on an item to play that video:
- WeRe bitesized. Is constant War "their" definition of "legal" banking
- Peter Hammill - People You Were Going To (With Lyrics and Song Meaning)
- Were Meaning
Video shows what were means. .. .. .. were pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. were meaning. Powered by MaryTTS.
- [IKOV RSPS] WERE BACK BABY!!! Explanation
thanks for watching and remember 5-10 likes and vid up tonight!!!
- The Vlog Project: That Book You Were Meaning to Write
- PM Modi wants an explanation from Suresh Prabhu on why trains were running late
Prime Minister Narendra Modi wants an explanation from Railway Suresh Prabhu recently on why trains were running late and punctuality figures were on the ...
- In case you were looking for Motivation, here it is.\nThe Meaning of Life, explained by
- Listener - You Were a House on Fire & The Meaning Behind Making Music (Live 7/22/2013)
- Explanation of how Egyptian obelisks were raised
Ehab explaining how the ancient Egyptians would carve out obelisks from the quarry when they were ready to be moved to their final location. This is a large ...
- The explanation of why were will be gas shortages and the coal mines closed !
- Healthcare Vocabulary and Reading - 10 Diseases that were deadly in the past
Healthcare Vocabulary and Reading - 10 Diseases that were deadly in the past.
- Safe when were apart: definition
- LoyalEdits /Explanation , Were BACK!
- Explanation Of Why There Were No Vids Yesterday!
- Hot Video,Indonesia Claims No Explanation Given About Wheter People Smugglers Were Paid
- Explanation of the 4 Ziplines Were Going On
- Explanation of how the pyramids were built
- Anime Explanation of How The Shimadzu Family First Were Able to Make Canons in Kagoshima, Japan
The Shimadzu Family was the lording family of the Satsuma region, known as Kagoshima today. They were the first in Japan to invent away to make canons.
- What Were You Thinking: Roller Derby Explanation
Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA)...
- 46 explanation cards were helpful
- Conley's Cool ESL - Was and Were
This is an introductory video to teach English Language Learners about grammar.
- PAST SIMPLE VERB BE WAS,WERE
Este trabajo se trata sobre el PAST SIMPLE VERB BE WAS, WERE.
- Was Going To - Were Going To - ESL British English Pronunciation
- ESL Grammar: SIMPLE PAST TENSE "BE" was & were
A pretty professor explains the simple past tense of the verb TO BE. There are two forms, WAS and WERE. The negative forms are WAS NOT and WERE NOT.
"Were You There" Acapella Sign Language
Black history is surrounded by spirituals that tell of the constant trust in the Lord God's deliverance this is such a song, please enjoy! To reflect on the sacrifice ...
Quotes about Were
The 19 hijackers that came over here to commit the attack on Sept. 11, there were those that were at the bottom of the line. There were those who were the principal conspirators. There were those who were the pilot. Everybody has a role. (Robert Mueller)
more quotes about were...
Scrabble value of W4E1R1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WERE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Were!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Were to see it in context!