On this page:
- Definition of the noun west africa
- Phrases with West Africa
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for West Africa
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for West Africa
- Photos about West Africa
- Videos about West Africa
- Quotes about West Africa
- Anagrams of WEST AFRICA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun west africa
What does west africa mean as a name of something?
- an area of western Africa between the Sahara Desert and the Gulf of Guinea
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- instance of: geographic area / geographic region / geographical area / geographical region = a demarcated area of the Earth
- part of: Africa = the second largest continent
- part: British West Africa = the former British territories of western Africa, including Nigeria, Cameroon, Gambia, Togo, Sierra Leone, and the Gold Coast
West Africa, also called Western Africa and the West of Africa, is the westernmost subregion of the African continent. West Africa has been defined in Africa as including the 18 countries Benin, Burkina Faso, the island of Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe and Togo.
- part of Africa
- "West Africa" is an album by saxophonist Willis Jackson which was recorded in 1973 and first released on the Muse label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (41 years ago)
- "West Africa" is a composition.
- music by Michele Rosewoman
- "West Africa" is a book by Richard Adloff.
- also known as "West Africa; the French-speaking nations, yesterday and today"; "West Africa: the French-speaking nations, yesterday and today"
- "West Africa" is a book by W. B. Morgan.
- "West Africa" is a book by H. Osman Newland.
- also known as "West Africa, a handbook of practical information for the official, planter, miner, financier & trader"
- "West Africa" is a book by Jim Hudgens.
- also known as "West Africa: the rough guide"
- "West Africa" is a book by John William Blake.
- also known as "West Africa: quest for God and gold, 1454-1578: a survey of the first century of white enterprise in West Africa, with particular reference to the achievement of the Portuguese and their rivalries with other European powers"
West Africa was a weekly news magazine that was published in London for over 80 years and closed in 2005.
Phrases with West Africa
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for West Africa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Anthony Waters Jr.
and South West Africa People's Organization (SWAPO) rebels, and bludgeon neighboring countries into leaving South Africa ...
by Mark R. Lipschutz, R. Kent Rasmussen
XIV Rulers, lists of Oyo Sokoto Caliphate Songhay Ngoni Nyoro Rwanda Thembu Xhosa Zulu Pereira Witbooi Southern Rhodesia Transvaal Senegal Sierra Leone Togo South West africa Tanganyika Uganda ...
Encyclopedia of Prehistory (2012)
Volume 1: Africa by Peter N. Peregrine, Melvin Ember
West Africa. Thougheachof these regionsblends ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for West Africa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about West Africa
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: daliscar1
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about West Africa
Click on an item to play that video:
- West Africa Meaning
Video shows what West Africa means. An area of west Africa, spanning 16 African countries.. West Africa Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary ...
- From West Africa to North Dakota (Fulani language)
- West Africa typical dance at the ESL party
View more videos about South West Africa.
See also the pronunciation examples of West Africa!
Quotes about West Africa
Although native Africans domesticated some plants in the Sahel and in Ethiopia and in tropical West Africa, they acquired valuable domestic animals only later, from the north. (Jared Diamond)
Anagrams of WEST AFRICA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of West Africa!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of West Africa to see it in context!