On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wetter
What does wetter mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: wetters
- a chemical agent capable of reducing the surface tension of a liquid in which it is dissolved
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of wetter: surface-active agent / surfactant / wetting agent
- more generic term: chemical agent = an agent that produces chemical reactions
- more specific words:
- a workman who wets the work in a manufacturing process
- someone suffering from enuresis; someone who urinates while asleep in bed
Alternative definition of the noun wetter
- Agent noun of wet; someone who wets something as part of some process.
- A wetting agent or surfactant.
- A bedwetter.
- Wetter is a small town in Hesse, Germany. The rather unusual designation Wetter stems from a time when the town belonged to the Prussian province of the same name, and nowadays is only used by the railway – even today, the railway station in town bears this name.
- The Wetter is a small 69 km long river in Hesse, Germany and right tributary to the Nidda.
- also known as 韋特河
- part of Germany
- Wetter is a fictional character from German Fried Movie.
- Wetter is a fictional character from German Fried Movie.
- "Wetter" is a song by American rapper Twista off his seventh album Category F5 and released as the first single. The song features the singer Erika Shevon, and was produced by The Legendary Traxster. It is sometimes referred to as the second part to the song "Get It Wet" off of his Adrenaline Rush album. It was released as a Digital Download on February 24, 2009. The radio version is remixed. The song contains elements from Janet Jackson's 1994 hit Any Time, Any Place. It is a straightforward slow jam, with Shevon's vocal chorus punctuating Twista's two verses. The 'calling you daddy' section serves as both an intro and outro. There is a freestyle by Lil Wayne & Shanell called "Wayne On Me" from Wayne's 2009 mixtape "No Ceilings." This song is Twista's highest-charting single since Girl Tonite.
- "Wetter" is a 2009 single album by Twista featuring Erika Shevon.
- released on (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wetter
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Alle Wetter (2001)
by Erich Mühsam, David A. Shepherd
The "message" of Alle Wetter is a purely anarchist one. Indeed, in a different historical context it might be ...
Adults in Higher Education (2006)
Learning from Experience in the New Europe by Robin Mark, Mireille Pouget, Edward Thomas
Italy Margrit Wetter is a Senior Lecturer in the History of the ...
The Wetter is a type of Cricket. but is related to the Locust. Seventy million Opossums overrun New ...
by Richard Nedbal
Water Wetters and Such A water wetter is a chemical additive that breaks down the surface tension of water. Less surface tension means fewer bubbles, and the water can adhere to the metal rather than just running off. It helps, a little, but it is ...
Encyclopedia of Agrophysics (2011)
by Jan Gliński, Józef Horabik, Jerzy Lipiec
Moreover, the wetter is the material the more its dielectric properties depend on temperature. Dried solids show a little or no variation of dielectric properties with temperature. Electromagnetic field at radio- and microwave frequencies interacts ...
The first part of the Institutes of the Laws of England. Also three ... tracts of the same author. The eleventh edition (corrected, etc.). To which is added, The treatise of the old Tenures of the Laws of England: With new modern law cases, etc (1738)
by Sir Thomas LITTLETON
Et sic, is in the Ultimative, it shall not wave the special Wartet, fox there the special Wetter is the Dubstante and Foundation of the Couclusion, and affirmed by the same. Wut where the Conclusion is in the Negative, there the special Wartet ...
Containing the Most Recent and Authentic Information Respecting the Countries, Cities, Towns, Resorts, Islands, Rivers, Mountains, Seas, Lakes, Etc., in Every Portion of the Gloge by Angelo Heilprin
Lake Wetter is the most beautiful of the larger lakes of southern Sweden and its shores are dotted with picturesque towns and villages. The lake is a part of the continuous navigable water-way between the Baltic Sea and the Skagerrak, ...
Visual Encyclopedia of Earth (2008)
by Michael Allaby
KEY | Warmer than usual Drier ' Wetter and warmer | Wetter and cooler □ Wetter RETREATING GLACIERS Glaciers supply essential water to people in parts of Asia, South America, and Africa. If the glaciers melt and disappear, people in ...
by Patrick Hanks, Richard Coates, Peter McClure
occupational name from Middle High German wetter 'weather', specifically 'stormy weather', perhaps a nickname for someone who made weather predictions, according to Bahlow; or perhaps an agent noun from Middle High ...
by Christian Ludwig
wetter (das) . die beschaffenheit unserer lufft, ...
Encyclopedia of Prehistory (2001)
Volume 3: East Asia and Oceania by Peter N. Peregrine, Melvin Ember
The climate was rather cold and dry in Layers 11-10 and became warmer and wetter in Layers 6-9. It tended to be cooler in Layer 5 and slightly warmer and wetter again in the upper four layers. The flora indicated that in the 13th layer the ...
People, the Earth, Environment and Technology by Douglas Richardson, Noel Castree, Michael F. Goodchild, Audrey Kobayashi, Weidong Liu, Richard A. Marston
Soil moisture regimes Perudic Precipitation exceeds evapotranspiration in all months of normal years, soil is always moist Udic Humid regions with seasonally welldistributed precipitation Udic ustic Udic (wetter) intergrade within the ustic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wetter
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Wetter
Click on an item to view that photo:
Lupenobjektiv Hutschigon 2,8/145
Mit Kreuzblende, ca. 10
Photo credit: hutschinetto
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Wetter
Liebe im dem Letzten Zügen,
Und wie die Stars beim Essen;
Aber das Leben ist kein Traum.
Charakter und Seele,
Das ewige meckern über das Wetter!
Aber Sie mehr wissen müssen uns sagen,
Weil wir noch mehr Spaß brauchen. (Edward Kofi Louis)
more quotes about wetter...
Scrabble value of W4E1T1T1E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WETTER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Wetter!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Wetter to see it in context!