|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Wikipedia
What does Wikipedia mean as a name of something?
- [figuratively] A source of abundant encyclopedic knowledge.
- [trademark] An open-content online encyclopedia, collaboratively developed over the World Wide Web.
- [Wiktionary and WMF jargon] A version of this encyclopedia in a particular language.
- A heterogeneity which encompasses this encyclopedia in its many language versions, the community that develops it and the process of its development.
Definition of the verb Wikipedia
What does Wikipedia mean as a doing word?
- To consult Wikipedia for information.
- Used intransitively.
- Used with an object denoting the information sought or obtained.
- Used with an object denoting the specific article consulted.
- Wikipedia is an uri template.
- Wikipedia: Generally pronounced /ˌwɪkɪˈpiːdɪə/. Common variants include /ˌwɪkiˈpiːdiə/, ˌwɪkɨˈpiːdiə, /ˌwiːkiˈpiːdiə/, and /ˌwiːkiˈpeɪdiə/.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Wikipedia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Get There Early (2007)
Sensing the Future to Compete in the Present by Bob Johansen, Robert Johansen
Wikipedia is an open-source encyclopedia that has grown to be what Jimmy Wales calls a “community of thoughtful users,” who...
For Wikipedians, Wikipedia is a space where they are empowered to contribute and engage as a volunteers ... Managing networked communities like Wikipedia means dealing with dilemmas.
Accidental Encyclopedia (2015)
by Andy Grogan
Wikipedia is a collaboratively edited, multilingual, free-access, free content Internet encyclopedia that is supported and hosted by the non-profit Wikimedia...
The Internet - Illustrated (2009)
by Gary Schneider, Jessica Evans, Katherine Pinard
Wikipedia is a user-generated site, so you decide to research that site, and user- generated sites in general, before you use them as primary sources in your work. Consider the following if you use user-generated sites to gather information: ...
by Volker Wittke, Heidemarie Hanekop
Wikipedia is a web-based encyclopedia, written and edited collaboratively by Internet users. Wikipedia has an extremely open editorial policy that allows anybody to create or modify articles. This has promoted a broad and detailed coverage ...
by Academic Conferences
Wikipedia is a popular, multi-lingual, web-based, free-content encyclopaedia and is the most well-known of wikis, collaborative websites that can be directly edited by anyone with access to them. Many teachers and students have experience ...
The Semantic Web (2008)
3rd Asian Semantic Web Conference, ASWC 2008, Bangkok, Thailand, December 8-11, 2008. Proceedings by John Domingue, Chutiporn Anutariya
Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia written by a collaborative effort of a large number of volunteer contributors. It is a multilingual resource and growing exponentially so that it has become the largest organized knowledge repository on the Web ...
by Guangfei Yang
WIKIPEDIA. Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia that contains a huge collection of articles covering almost every aspect of world knowledge. Each wiki page refers to a concept, and each concept is related to other concepts semantically.
by David A. Tyckoson, John G. Dove
No original research: Wikipedia is a tertiary source; it is not a forum for publishing original discoveries or research. Original work...
Food and Nutrition (2011)
Food and health systems in Australia and New Zealand by Mark L Wahlqvist
Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia ('wiki' is a Hawaiian word for quick) that covers just about any topic you can think...
Change at Hand (2009)
Web 2.0 for Development by Holly Ashley
wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperlink 18 Wikipedia is a free online encyclopaedia that anyone can edit. It is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopaedia project. The name 'Wikipedia' is a combination of the words wiki (a type of ...
by Marcel Danesi
Wikipedia (a blend of wiki and encyclopedia) is arguably the most popular of all the wikis. It is a free multilingual online encyclopedia that was launched on 15 January 2002 by Larry Sanger and Ben Kovitz. At first, they wanted to create an ...
by Núria Gala, Reinhard Rapp, Gemma Bel-Enguix
So, when a player proposes a clue, the system will not need to scan the corresponding Wikipedia page. Wikipedia contains much more information than the JDM network; Figs. 11 and 12 clearly show this difference on an example: while the ...
by Wolfgang Donsbach
Wikipedia and the search results of Google or Yahoo have it all anyway – and they draw from different sources, thus operating in a more pluralistic way. Indeed, Wikipedia and search engines are exciting steps forward in the documentation ...
The World of Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs from Abyss Ghosts to Zombies Elite by Bill Hayes
WIKIPEDIA. SUMMARIES. Books Group. Gangs in Detroit, Michigan: Black Mafia Family, Chaldean mafia, Los Zetas, Outlaws Motorcycle Club, Mara Salvatrucha, Crip. Books LLC, 2010. Books LLC. LLC Books. Fictional Gangs: Sons of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wikipedia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Wikipedia
Click on an item to view that photo:
for guest post by manny
Photo credit: cambodia4kidsorg
Photo credit: jeffjarvis
- Wikipedia globe .SE
Photo credit: pernillarydmark
- Wikipedia logo by Anomie
Photo credit: dullhunk
- Wikipedia globe in a keychain!
Photo credit: @bastique
- Wikipedia Indonesia reached 100K articles
Photo credit: ivanlanin
- Wikipedia reference desk
Wikipedia reference desk is one of the online reference services, which is branding itself as something one would expect to get from a library.
Photo credit: xmacex
- Wikipedia Main Page screenshot
On someone's request, here's a random screenshot of Wikipedia's main page while logged out.
Photo credit: JamieS93
- En la wikipedia con The Sword
Photo credit: Ivaj Aicrag
- Wikipedia, London Bomb Blasts update
This Wikipedia entry has been updated nearly once every 30 seconds for the entire day.
Photo credit: jem
- En la wikipedia con The Sword
Photo credit: Ivaj Aicrag
- Wikipedia cierra
Cierra Wikipedia en protesta por la Ley S.O.P.A.
Photo credit: Reynosa Blogs
- Wikipedia cursus Zeeuwse Bibliotheek
Op 11 november vond in de Zeeuwse bibliotheek een cursus Wikipedia bewerken plaats.
Photo credit: Sebastiaan ter Burg
- Printed German Wikipedia
Photo credit: ryanfb
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Wikipedia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Henry Kim Explanation for Wikipedia Assignment
Explanation for Assignment 10 - Wikipedia Entry of weekly assignments.
- USASEOPros.com USA SEO Pros - Wikipedia Definition - Search Engine Optimization
- Chelation - Wikipedia Definition
A 3rd clip for a holistic dental office's reception area TV. Hoping to create dozens of different clips with related terms and other bites of info.
- WikiAutoTune #1: Definition of 'AutoTune' on Wikipedia, AutoTuned
- Killian Document Explanation for Wikipedia
For a Wikipedia discussion.
- Reputation Marketing Wikipedia Definition Is Pretty Accurate
Search engine optimization (SEO) Reputation Marketing Wikipedia Definition Is Pretty Accurate.
- Maybe Rachel Maddow Should Look Up The Definition of "Plagiarism" on Wikipedia
Mandeville, LA - Exclusive Video and Audio - Plagiarism, according to wikipedia, is 'the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another ...
- Wikipedia meaning and pronunciation
A project to create the most accurate and complete free-content encyclopedia on the Internet. Written as a collaboration of users across the Internet. Basically ...
- Wikipedia Meaning
Video shows what Wikipedia means. A free-content online encyclopedia founded in 2001, collaboratively developed over the World Wide Web in a number of ...
- How-To Create A Definition List In A Wikipedia Article
- Wikipedia - Dictionary
Wikipedia the best Dictionary wiki.
- Golden Dictionary Ubuntu Wikipedia Stand Alone Wiki Application
Read Wikipedia offilne and in a stand alone application without the need for a website browser a reason why ...
- Understanding and Bridging the Wikipedia Language Gap
This seminar by Northwestern University professor Darren Gergle is part of a lecture series called Design at Large organized by CSE Prof. Scott Klemmer in the ...
- ColorDict Dictionary Wikipedia quick demo
Universal Dictionary Color Dict. Search a word and translate a sentence in Wikipedia,... ColorDict Dictionary Wikipedia2 is developed by Notes.
- Presentation - Inter-Language Linking in Wikipedia
Every Wikipedia entry can link to the same (or, at least similar) entry in another language. This is known as an inter-language link. Analyzing inter-language ...
- Rules of Science Using Wikipedia Dictionary Class with Dr Black Full
- Rada Mihalcea: Using Wikipedia for Natural Language Processing
Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that has grown to become one of the largest online repositories of encyclopedic knowledge, with millions of articles ...
- New Features of Mac OS X Leopard : Using the Dictionary & Wikipedia in Mac OS X Leopard
How to use the dictionary and Wikipedia features of Mac OS X Leopard;...
- OS X Quick Tip - Accessing the Dictionary, Thesaurus and Wikipedia from anywhere
This video is about Accessing the Dictionary, Thesaurus and Wikipedia from anywhere in OS X.
- Screen Reader & Wikipedia: Example of semantic language information in HTML
Presentation at CSUN11: Next generation web accessibility: Improvement of usability for disabled users ...
- A brief description about best showcasing portal yohyoh.com - Yohyoh wikipedia
If you are new to yohyoh and in search of some interesting details about yohyoh, this video would be very helpful to you. Here karan explains the basic things ...
- Wikipedia turns off its English language service in protest at web reforms
SHOTLIST 1. Screen shot of English-language Wikipedia website starting 24-hour blackout STORYLINE Wikipedia's English-language site shut down at ...
- Persian(description from wikipedia)
Characteristics Persian cats are noted for their gentle temperament and ease with which they adjust to new environments, making them ideal show cats.
- EduWiki 2012: Alannah Fitzgerald on language teaching with Wikipedia
The EduWiki Conference was arranged by Wikimedia UK and took place on 5 and 6 September at the University of Leicester, UK. In this presentation Alannah ...
- Cross Language Learning from Bots and Users to Detect Vandalism on Wikipedia
Cross Language Learning from Bots and Users to Detect Vandalism on Wikipedia +91-9994232214,8144199666, [email protected], ...
- OSB2014 - Sucheta Ghoshal - Making language selection smarter in Wikipedia
This video is about OSB2014 - Sucheta Ghoshal - Making language selection smarter in Wikipedia.
- Bhojpuri language From wikipedia.
All about Bhojpuri language in wikipedia.com For complete details...
- Cross Language Learning from Bots and Users to detect Vandalism on Wikipedia
Cross Language Learning from Bots and Users to detect Vandalism on Wikipedia IEEE PROJECTS 2014 -----------------------------------...
- Wikipedia: Language [cortexit]
See also the pronunciation examples of Wikipedia!
Quotes about Wikipedia
Scrabble value of W4I1K5I1P3E1D2I1A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 19 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Wikipedia to see it in context!