On this page:
- XAM, or the eXtensible Access Method, is a storage standard developed and maintained by the Storage Networking Industry Association. It is in the process of being ratified as an ANSI standard. XAM is an API for fixed content aware storage devices. XAM replaces the various proprietary interfaces that have been used for this purpose in the past. Content generating applications now have a standard means of saving and finding their content across a broad array of storage devices.
- Xam a.k.a. Xẩm or Hát xẩm is a type of Vietnamese folk music which was popular in the Northern region of Vietnam but is nowadays considered an endangered form of traditional music in Vietnam. In the dynastic time, xẩm was generally performed by blind artists who wandered from town to town and earned their living by singing in common places. Xẩm artists often play đàn bầu or đàn nhị to accompany the songs themselves, and sometimes they form a band with one singer and others who play traditional instruments such as the drum or phách. The melodies of xẩm are borrowed from different types of Vietnamese folk music such as trống quân or quan họ, while its themes are generally The Tale of Kieu, Luc Van Tien, and other popular Vietnamese stories.
- Xam a.k.a. ǀXam language: ǀXam, or ǀXam Kaǃkʼe, is an extinct Khoisan language of South Africa, part of the ǃkwi language group. It is closely related to the Nǁng language, which still has a few speakers.
- Xam a.k.a. |Xam Language is an human language.
- also known as /Kamka!e, /Xam-ka-!k'e, /Kham-ka-!k'e, |Xam-Ka-!k'e, |Kamka!e, |Kham-Ka-!k'e
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Xam
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Neuroanatomical Approach by Stephen M. Evans, Ann Marie Janson, Jens Randel Nyengaard
XAM is a xylene-based histological mounting medium. 7 Appendix 2. Estimation of the PH8-positive neuron number N and the corresponding CE for subject number 5 The estimate of the total number of PH8-positive neurons in DR is slightly ...
Aspectuality and Temporality (2016)
Descriptive and theoretical issues by Zlatka Guentchéva
Xam is a discourse-assertive marker. D. Pluri-actional markers Pluri-actionality is encoded by aa (iteration) and Tense, ...
by Martin Stuart-Fox
SAM NEUA (Xam Neua). Provincial capital of Huaphan province in northeastern Laos. Under the Royal Lao administration, the province itself was known as Sam Neua but has since reverted to its ancient name of Huaphan. The wartime ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Xam
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Xam
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Xam Neua.
Scrabble value of X8A1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of XAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Xam!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Xam to learn how to say it correctly!