On this page:
- "Zaide" is an unfinished opera, K. 344, written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1780. Emperor Joseph II, in 1778, was in the process of setting up an opera company for the purpose of performing German opera. One condition required of the composer to join this company was that he should write a comic opera. At Salzburg in 1779 Mozart began work on a new opera. It contains spoken dialogue, which also classifies it as a Singspiel. Only the arias and ensembles from the first two acts were composed. Missing are an overture and third act.
- also known as K.344, KV.344
- music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Zaide" a.k.a. "Zaïde" is a composition.
- "Zaide" is a musical album of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Academy of Ancient Music, Paul Goodwin.
- released in (17 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zaide
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Shi'ite Encyclopedia (2014)
by Ahlulbayt Organization
Obaidullah Ibn Zaide Abdi , ...
by Scott L. Balthazar
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart included extended melodramas in the singspiel Zaide ...
by Sir George Grove, John Alexander Fuller-Maitland
by Michael Kennedy, Joyce Bourne
*Zaide (K344, 1779-80); *Thamos, Konig ...
" Zaide," a romance, often printed, ...
The General Biographical Dictionary: Containing an Historical and Critical Account of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Persons in Every Nation (1814)
Particulary the British and Irish; from the Earliest Accounts to the Present Time by Alexander Chalmers
" Zaide," a romance, often printed, and read by persons who do not usually read romances. 2. " La princesse de Cleres," a romance also, which Fontenelle professed to have read four times. Mad. la ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zaide
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of Z10A1I1D2E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine