On this page:
- Definition of the noun Zoot
- Phrases with Zoot
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zoot
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zoot
- Photos about Zoot
- Video about Zoot
- Quotes about Zoot
- Scrabble value of Z10O1O1T1
- Anagrams of ZOOT
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Zoot
What does Zoot mean as a name of something?
- [US, slang] A zoot suit.
- [UK, slang] A marijuana cigarette.
- [UK, slang] PCP; phencyclidine.
- [Trinidad and Tobago, slang] A cigarette butt.
Zoot were a pop/rock band formed in Adelaide, South Australia in 1965 as Down the Line. They changed their name to Zoot in 1967 and by 1968 had relocated to Melbourne. They had a top five hit on the Go-Set national singles chart with a heavy rock cover of The Beatles' ballad "Eleanor Rigby" released in 1970; but they disbanded in May 1971.
- also known as The Zoot, Down the Line
- Beeb Birtles (Bass guitar) in
- Beeb Birtles (Bass guitar) between and (6 years)
- Darryl Cotton (Guitar) in
- Darryl Cotton (Guitar) between and (6 years)
- Teddy Higgins (Drums) between and (3 years)
- John D'Arcy (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- Steve Stone (Guitar) in
- Rick Brewer (Drums) between and (3 years)
- Rick Brewer (Drums) in
- Roger Hicks (Guitar) between and
- Rick Springfield (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- Rick Springfield (Guitar) in
- genres: Pop music, Rock music
- album: "Zoot Locker"
Who is Zoot?
Zoot a.k.a. Dave Goelz: David Dave Goelz is a puppeteer best known for his association with The Muppets, and in particular with the Muppet character The Great Gonzo. His other Muppet characters include Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, Beauregard the stagehand and Tiny . He also performed the characters of Boober Fraggle and Uncle Travelling Matt on Fraggle Rock. He also performed the puppetry for various characters, including Sir Didymus and Wiseman's Hat in Labyrinth. Outside of puppeteering, he is the current voice actor for the Disney character Figment. After Jim Henson died in 1990, Goelz took over puppeteering Waldorf in 1992.
- read more about Dave Goelz
"Zoot" a.k.a. "Zoot!" is an album by American jazz saxophonist Zoot Sims featuring tracks recorded in 1956 for the Riverside label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (59 years ago)
- Zoot is a Muppet character and the saxophone player of a Muppet band, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem.
- also known as Zoot the Sax Player
- occupation: Saxophone player
- created by Michael K. Frith
- in films:
- "The Muppet Movie", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Muppets at Walt Disney World", played by Dave Goelz
- "Muppets Most Wanted", played by Dave Goelz
- "Muppets from Space", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Great Muppet Caper", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Muppets Take Manhattan", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Muppet Christmas Carol", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Muppets", played by Dave Goelz
- Zoot is a fictional character from the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Zoot is a fictional film character.
- Zoot is a fictional character from the 2012 film Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed.
- Zoot is a fictional character from the 1999 film My Favorite Martian.
Zoot is a restaurant.
Phrases with Zoot
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zoot
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
PC E *2 PAT is a bass or low baritone, requiring a range from A„ - F ZOOT is a tenor or high baritone, requiring a range from A„ - F MAN ...
by James Gilbert Ryan, Leonard C. Schlup
ZOOT SUIT AFFAIR During World War II, thousands of soldiers and sailors were based in the Los Angeles area. Off-duty military personnel frequented downtown Los Angeles. In the 1940s a large second-generation Mexican American ...
by Peter Karsten
The Zoot Suit Riot refers to a ten-day period in June 1943 in Los Angeles, California, when civilians and servicemen clashed with young Mexican Americans, whose distinctive dress gave name to the encounter. The term “riot” is misleading ...
by Jeffrey D. Schultz
The Zoot Suit Riots occurred in Los Angeles in June 1943 in the wake of several minor incidents between "zoot suiters" (Hispanic youths in distinctively tailored suits and long hair) and Anglo military personnel. What had started as street ...
by Mitchell Newton-Matza
Zoot Suit Riots (Southern California) The 1943 Zoot Suit Riots represent the culmination of antagonisms between Hispanic youths and American soldiers in southern California during the Second World War. Named after the oversized, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zoot
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Zoot
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: disneylandadventures
Photo credit: noii's
- Zoot Coffee
Photo credit: whiteafrican
- Trish and Zoot
the eternal stick throwing game
Photo credit: anthrovik
- View of the White Hart form Cafe Zoot
Photo credit: Matt From London
- The Zoot Coffee shop
Photo credit: whiteafrican
- Five and Dime - Zoot
Photo credit: MaddyInDisneyland
Video about Zoot
Video shows what zoot means. A zoot suit.. A marijuana cigarette.. PCP, phencyclidine.. Zoot Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
View more videos about Zoot Suit.
See also the pronunciation examples of Zoot!
Quotes about Zoot
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'zoot"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of Z10O1O1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ZOOT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Zoot!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Zoot to see it in context!