On this page:
- "Zoya" is a 1944 Soviet war film directed by Lev Arnshtam. It was entered into the 1946 Cannes Film Festival.
- country: Soviet Union
- language: Russian Language
- production design by Konstantin Urbetis
- written by Lev Arnshtam & Boris Chirskov
- Galina Vodyanitskaya as Zoya Kosmodem'yanskaya
- Tamara Altseva as Zoya's Teacher
- Aleksey Batalov
- Anatoli Kuznetsov as Boris Fomin
- Rostislav Plyatt as German Soldier
- Boris Podgornij as German Officer
- Vera Popova
- Boris Poslavsky as Owl
- Nikolai Ryzhov as Zoya's Father
- Yekaterina Skvortsova as Zoya Kosmodem'yanskaya
- Kseniya Tarasova as Zoya's Mother
- Yekaterina Tarasova
- Vladimir Volchek as Komsomol Secretary
- cinematography by Aleksandr Shelenkov
- music by Dmitri Shostakovich
- genres: War film, Drama
- subject: World War II
- released on (70 years ago)
- "Zoya" a.k.a. "Danielle Steel's Zoya" is an award-nominated film, directed by Richard A. Colla, based on "Zoya" by Danielle Steel.
- read more about Danielle Steel's Zoya
"Zoya" is a novel written by Danielle Steel. Zoya Konstantinovna Ossupov is a Russian countess, a young cousin to Czar Nicholas II. Escaping the Russian Revolution with her grandmother and a loyal retainer, she arrives in Paris, penniless, where she must carve a new life for herself and her loved ones. There, she joins Diaghilev's Ballets Russes. Against the wishes of her grandmother, who objects to consorting with those outside her class, she meets and falls in love with American GI Clayton Andrews. After World War I, they marry and move to America, where Zoya faces many hardships and joy in her life. She struggles through the Great Depression and World War II, then meets and falls for millionaire cloth merchant, Simon Hirsch, who later died in another war. The novel depicts the Czar and his family, not just as figures in history, but as real people with feelings, trials, triumphs, sorrows and pain.
- also known as "Zoya (Best Seller)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Romance novel, Fiction
- released in (28 years ago)
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2012 film Ek Tha Tiger.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2014 film Zorawar.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2011 short film Adrak.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2008 film Tahaan.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2010 film Tere Bin Laden.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2008 film Jannat.
- Zoya is a fictional character from a 1959 film Ballad of a Soldier.
- Zoya: Зоя is a fictional character in the 1996 film Operation Happy New Year.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 1962 film When the Trees Were Tall.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2010 film Silent Souls.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the tv series Niania.
- Zoya is a fictional character from Three Plus Two.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 1998 film Day of the Full Moon.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 1936 film Girl Friends.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2006 film Deepfrozen.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 1965 film Faithfulness.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2013 film Waar.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 2011 film You May Not Kiss the Bride.
- Zoya is a fictional character from the 1988 film Patty Hearst.
- Zoya appeared in 2001 film Zoolander.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Zoya (actress)
- Zoya appeared in the 2008 film Shutter.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Zoya (actress)
- Zoya is the child of Anup Soni.
- child of Anup Soni
Zoya is a restaurant.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zoya
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
No Land an Island (2012)
No People Apart by Dr. Carolyn LaDelle Bennett
Zoya is a leading activist with RAWA and represents it's the group's Foreign Committee. Zoya is a pseudonym that is necessary for security reasons. The year before the interview, Zoya had testified before the Human Rights Commission of the ...
The Immortality Game (2014)
by Ted Cross
Zoya is a human being.
Refining the Decision-making Model by Eyal Lewin
A girl like Zoya is a challenge to Singapore, to Paris, to all those who lose faith in themselves and give up while they can ...
by Geoff Hamilton, Brian Jones
Zoya, a distant cousin ofthe czar, leadsa privileged lifestyle as achild but must learn how tocope withand adapt to cataclysmic changes inher life and world. Typical of Danielle steel's fiction, family dynamics are at the heart of the story,as Zoya ...
An Encyclopedia of Life in the Republic by Arnold P. Kaminsky, Roger D. Long Ph.D.
Hasan, Zoya. Parties and Party Politics in ...
by Surjit Mansingh
Hasan, Zoya. Forging Identities: Gender, Communities and the State. New Delhi: Kali for Women, 1994. Hasan, Zoya, and Ritu Menon. Unequal Citizens: A Study of Muslim Women in India. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2004. Hawley ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
Zoya iriç, the tongue-shaped or * carpus, belonging to the tribe Dalbergiea, and or the fashions of Londoners. £ by the generally opposite leaves London paste...See paste. the longspur (lóng'spèr), n. In ornith., a bird of the ...
Mongolian-English Dictionary (2013)
by Ferdinand D Lessing
Mattai Haltod; and later, a secretary, Miss Zoya Pourtova. Mr. Kassatkin brought with him an enviable knowledge of the languages needed on the ...
by George Irving Reed
The away” & Zoya ing a chicago. meantury/wes/ung & £yawny do chicago.
Family, Law and Politics by Suad Joseph, Afsāna Naǧmābādī
Munich Fakhri Haghani, Georgia State University Sondra Hale, University of California, Los Angeles Colette Harris, Virginia Tech Zoya Hasan, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Nadia Hashmi, Formerly of European University Institute ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zoya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Zoya
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Zoya
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Zoya!
Scrabble value of Z10O1Y4A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Zoya to see it in context!