A Bronx Tale
is an acrostic for abt.
On this page:
"A Bronx Tale" is a 1993 American crime drama film set in the Bronx during the turbulent era of the 1960s. It was the directorial debut of Robert De Niro that follows a young Italian-American teenager as his path in life is guided by two father figures, played by De Niro and Chazz Palminteri. It also includes a brief appearance by Joe Pesci. It was written by Palminteri, based partially upon his childhood. The film grossed over $17 million domestically in the box office.
- also known as Bronx
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Italian Language
- producers: Jane Rosenthal, Jon Kilik, Robert De Niro
- executive producer: Peter Gatien
- production design by Wynn Thomas
- art direction by Chris Shriver
- written by Chazz Palminteri
- based on "A Bronx Tale" by Chazz Palminteri
- Robert De Niro as Lorenzo Anello
- Chazz Palminteri as Sonny LoSpecchio
- Lillo Brancato, Jr. as Calogero 'C' Anello
- Francis Capra as Calogero 'C' Anello
- Joe Pesci as Carmine
- Taral Hicks as Jane Williams
- Kathrine Narducci as Rosina Anello
- Frank Pietrangolare as Danny K.O
- Clem Caserta as Jimmy Whispers
- Alfred Sauchelli Jr. as Bobby Bars
- Robert D'Andrea as Tony Toupee
- Fred Fischer as JoJo the Whale
- Dave Salerno as Frankie Coffeecake
- Joe D'Onofrio as Slick
- Luigi D'Angelo as Aldo
- Louis Vanaria as Crazy Mario
- Dominick Rocchio as Ralphie
- Patrick Borriello as Slick
- Paul Perri as Crazy Mario
- Thomas A. Ford as Phil the Peddler
- Rocco Parente as Driver
- Joe Black as Murdered Man
- Louis Gioia as Last Rites Priest
- Mitch Kolpan as Detective Belsik
- Phil Foglia as Detective Vella
- Richard DeDomenico as Priest
- Max Genovino as Louie Dumps
- Ralph Napolitano as Gino
- Steve Kendall as Red Beard
- A.J. Ekoku as A.J
- Sobe Bailey as Willy
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Nicky Zero
- Frank Caserta Sr. as Old Gee
- Ed Derian as Fight Announcer
- Larry Lederman as Racetrack Announcer
- Gianna Ranaudo as Tina
- Philip Garbarino as Sonny's Killer
- Nicky Blair as Jerry
- Joe Calvacca Jr. as Doo Wop Group #1
- Anthony Etergineoso as Doo Wop Group #2
- Louis Etergineoso as Doo Wop Group #3
- Joe Laham as Doo Wop Group #4
- Alan Lange as Doo Wop Group #5
- Darell Grant as Doo Wop Group #6
- Demond Webber as Doo Wop Group #7
- Rhaman Thomas as Doo Wop Group #8
- Kacy Brooks as Doo Wop Group #9
- Jason Meighan as Doo Wop Group #10
- Steve Pendleton as Satan's Messengers #1
- John Tanuzzo Jr. as Satan's Messengers #2
- casting by Ellen Chenoweth
- cinematography by Reynaldo Villalobos
- edited by Robert Q. Lovett & David Ray
- music by Butch Barbella
- costume design by Rita Ryack
- set decoration by Debra Schutt
- locations: New York City, Fordham University, City Island
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- subjects: Sicilian Mafia, Racism
- dedicated by Robert De Niro to Robert De Niro, Sr.
- tagline: One man lives in the neighborhood, another man owns it. A devoted father battles the local crime...
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (21 years ago)
"A Bronx Tale" is an autobiographical one-man show written and performed by Chazz Palminteri.
A Bronx Tale is the 2007 theater production of the play by Chazz Palminteri.
- award: - Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Solo Performance nomination for Chazz Palminteri
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Bronx Tale
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Offer We Can't Refuse (2007)
The Mafia in the Mind of America by George De Stefano
A Bronx Tale is a singular entry in the mob movie canon in that it honors the genre's conventions — there's the remorseless violence and much ethnic color, with characters named Frankie Coffeecake and Eddie Mush — while exuding an ...
by Lawrence M. Salinger
A Bronx Tale (1993), and Casino (1995). Dramatized television programming on organized crime includes HBO's award-winning series the ...
by Geoff Mayer
United States: A Bronx Tale, a Robert De Niro–directed film based on an off- Broadway play by Chazz Palminteri with Palminteri as an aging Mafia leader. Brian De Palma's Carlito's Way, with Al Pacino as an ex-convict trying, unsuccessfully, ...
by Helen Taylor Greene, Shaun L. Gabbidon
and movies (Casino, Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale). A study by the Response ...
by James M. Welsh, Gene D. Phillips, Rodney F. Hill
A Bronx Tale, which marked De Niro's directorial debut in 1993, was a TriBeCa production, as were Cape Fear, Wag the Dog, and the screen adaptation of the hit musical Rent, among other films. De Niro did not direct another film until 2006, ...
by Robert Gregg, Gary W. McDonogh, Cindy H. Wong
directed A Bronx Tale (1993). GARY McDONOGH CINDY WONG Denver, CO Denver (1998 metropolitan population.
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
A Bronx Tale (¡993); Speed (¡ 994); ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Bronx Tale
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Bronx Tale
A Bronx Tale
Photo credit: stobor
Anagrams of A BRONX TALE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Bronx Tale!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Bronx Tale to see it in context!