A Change Is Gonna Come
On this page:
- "A Change Is Gonna Come" is a song by American singer-songwriter Sam Cooke, released on December 22, 1964 by RCA Victor. Produced by Hugo & Luigi and arranged and conducted by René Hall, the song was the B-side to "Shake". The song concerns African-Americans and contains the refrain, "It's been a long time coming, but I know a change is gonna come." The song was inspired by various personal events in Cooke's life, most prominently an event in which he and his entourage were turned away from a whites only motel in Louisiana. Cooke felt compelled to write a song that spoke to his and the struggle of those around him, and he recorded the song for its first release on his final album, Ain't That Good News.
- music and lyrics by Sam Cooke
- "A Change Is Gonna Come" is the debut album by American soul singer–songwriter Leela James, released in the United States on June 21, 2005 by Warner Bros. Records. The album debuted at number one hundred and eighty on the U.S. Billboard 200 selling over 15,000 copies in its first week. Fourteen months later it has gone uncertified and has sold about 180,000 copies to date.
- "A Change Is Gonna Come" is a 1966 album by organist Brother Jack McDuff which was his first released on the Atlantic label.
"A change is gonna come" is a book by Craig Hansen Werner.
- also known as "A change is gonna come: music, race & the soul of America"
"A Change Is Gonna Come" is a 2006 short film directed by Valerie Kemp.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by Kyle Schuneman
- released in (9 years ago)
A Change Is Gonna Come is a cataloged instance, canonical version, musical recording.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Change Is Gonna Come
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 12: Music by Bill C. Malone
Craig Werner , A Change Is Gonna Come: Music, Race, and the Soul of America (2006); Jerry Wexler, with David Ritz, Rhythm and the Blues: A Life in American Music (1993). Southern ...
by Gary L. Anderson, Kathryn G. Herr
A change is gonna come: Music , race, and the soul of America. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. ROE. V. WADE. In Roe v. Wade (1973), the Supreme Court set new judicial precedent and generated contentious political response by recognizing a woman's right to have an abortion. The Court held, 7–2, that a Texas anti-abortion law violated the privacy ...
Global Women's Issues and Knowledge by Cheris Kramarae, Dale Spender
A change is gonna come: Music, race, and the soul of America. New York: Plume. Lucy O'Brien ...
by John Shepherd, David Horn, Dave Laing, Paul Oliver, Peter Wicke
A Change Is Gonna Come: Music, Race (St the Soul of America.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Change Is Gonna Come
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Change Is Gonna Come
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A Change is Gonna Come
This photo appears in 5esperanzawes.weebly.com/blog/the-transformation.
Photo credit: byzantiumbooks
- A change is gonna come
Photo credit: Lucas Guimaraes
- A change is gonna come
Photo credit: f_mafra
- A Change Is Gonna Come
Photo credit: :: cristal cosmico ::