A Change Is Gonna Come
On this page:
- "A Change Is Gonna Come" is a song by American singer-songwriter Sam Cooke, released on December 22, 1964 by RCA Victor. Produced by Hugo & Luigi and arranged and conducted by René Hall, the song was the B-side to "Shake". The song concerns African-Americans and contains the refrain, "It's been a long time coming, but I know a change is gonna come." The song was inspired by various personal events in Cooke's life, most prominently an event in which he and his entourage were turned away from a whites only motel in Louisiana. Cooke felt compelled to write a song that spoke to his and the struggle of those around him, and he recorded the song for its first release on his final album, Ain't That Good News.
- music and lyrics by Sam Cooke
- "A Change Is Gonna Come" is the debut album by American soul singer–songwriter Leela James, released in the United States on June 21, 2005 by Warner Bros. Records. The album debuted at number one hundred and eighty on the U.S. Billboard 200 selling over 15,000 copies in its first week. Fourteen months later it has gone uncertified and has sold about 180,000 copies to date.
- "A Change Is Gonna Come" is a 1966 album by organist Brother Jack McDuff which was his first released on the Atlantic label.
"A change is gonna come" is a book by Craig Hansen Werner.
- also known as "A change is gonna come: music, race & the soul of America"
"A Change Is Gonna Come" is a 2006 short film directed by Valerie Kemp.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by Kyle Schuneman
- released in (9 years ago)
A Change Is Gonna Come is a cataloged instance, canonical version, musical recording.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Change Is Gonna Come
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gary L. Anderson, Kathryn G. Herr
A change is gonna come: Music , race, and the soul of America. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
Within months, RCA released a posthumous single which bore two of Cooke's biggest hits ever: “Shake,” and “A Change Is Gonna Come.” The latter track, which found particular relevance among African-Americans during that era's painful ...
Volume 20: Social Class by Larry J. Griffin, Peggy G. Hargis, Charles Reagan Wilson
Craig Werner, A Change Is Gonna Come: Music, Race, and the Soul of America (1998).
by Christopher M. Richardson, Ralph E. Luker
A Change Is Gonna Come: Music, Race & the Soul of America. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2006. West, Thomas R., and James W. Mooney, eds. To Redeem a Nation: A History and Anthology of the Civil Rights Movement.
Global Women's Issues and Knowledge by Cheris Kramarae, Dale Spender
A change is gonna come: Music, race, and the soul of America. New York: Plume ...
Encyclopedia of the Blues (2005)
by Edward Komara
and the civil rights anthem "A Change Is Gonna Come." Cooke's ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Change Is Gonna Come
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Change Is Gonna Come
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A Change Is Gonna Come
Photo credit: :: cristal cosmico ::
- A change is gonna come
Photo credit: Lucas Guimaraes
- A change is gonna come
Photo credit: f_mafra
- A Change is Gonna Come
This photo appears in 5esperanzawes.weebly.com/blog/the-transformation.
Photo credit: byzantiumbooks