On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aa
What does aa mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a dry form of lava resembling clinkers
- an international organization that provides a support group for persons trying to overcome alcoholism
- an associate degree in arts
Alternative definition of the noun aa
- A form of lava flow associated with Hawaiian-type volcanoes, consisting of basaltic rock, usually dark-colored with a jagged and loose, clinkery surface. Compare pahoehoe.
- AA a.k.a. American Airlines, Inc. is a major United States airline. It operates an extensive international and U.S. domestic network, with scheduled flights throughout North America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Asia. Its route network centers on five hubs at Dallas/Fort Worth, John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. Its primary maintenance base is located at Tulsa International Airport. The company is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
- read more about American Airlines
- aa is a record label.
- AA a.k.a. Allu Arjun is an Indian film actor known for his work in Telugu cinema. He has won two Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Award for Parugu and Vedam, two Nandi Special Jury Award for Arya and Parugu, and CineMAA Award for debut for Gangotri.
- read more about Allu Arjun (actor)
- AA a.k.a. Alyssa Anderson: Alyssa Jean Anderson is an American competition swimmer and Olympic gold medalist who represented the United States as the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- read more about Alyssa Anderson
- Aa, possibly AaAa, was an ancient Egyptian architect and construction supervisor. His title was "Overseer of construction workers" or "Great Overseer of construction workers". He lived in the time of the Middle Kingdom of Egypt.
- profession: Architect
- AA is a musical artist, musician, composer, lyricist.
- aa a.k.a. Aa! is a musical group.
- read more about Aa!
- AA is a five-member South Korean boy band formed by Well Made STAR M, the company that houses such actors as Ha Ji Won, Kim Seung Woo, Choi Jung Won, and Lee Jong Suk, in 2011.
- Aa is a musical group.
- also known as AlittleA, BiG A little a
- album: "GAame"
- official website: www.sleeep.com
- "AA" is a musical album of Clara Clara.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "AA" is a 2000 studio album by Thai band Thaitanium.
- released in (15 years ago)
- Aa a.k.a. Aruba is an island in the southern Caribbean Sea, located about 1,600 kilometres west of the Lesser Antilles and 29 kilometres north of the coast of Venezuela. It measures 32 kilometres long from its northwestern to its southeastern end and 10 kilometres across at its widest point. Together with Bonaire and Curaçao, Aruba forms a group referred to as the ABC islands. Collectively, Aruba and the other Dutch islands in the Caribbean are often called the Netherlands Antilles or the Dutch Caribbean.
- Aa a.k.a. Aa River: The Aa is an 89 km long river in northern France. Its source is near the village Bourthes.
- Aa is a village in northern Estonia, on the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland in the eastern part of the Lüganuse Parish of Ida-Viru County, 10 km from Lüganuse. Part of the village, including the Aa manor house, is situated on the North Estonian limestone bank.
- Aa is a river of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is 7.4 km long and is a left tributary of the Möhne in Brilon. The river has a watershed of 23.071 square kilometres.
- Aa a.k.a. Afrikaans Language: Afrikaans or is one of the official languages of South Africa. It is a West Germanic language spoken in South Africa, Namibia and, to a lesser extent, Botswana and Zimbabwe. It is an offshoot of several Dutch dialects spoken by the mainly Dutch settlers of what is now South Africa, where it gradually began to develop independently in the course of the 18th century. Hence, historically, it is a daughter language of Dutch, and was previously referred to as "Cape Dutch" or "kitchen Dutch".
- also known as Afrikaans
- AA a.k.a. Ascorbic acid is a naturally occurring organic compound with antioxidant properties. It is a white solid, but impure samples can appear yellowish. It dissolves well in water to give mildly acidic solutions. Ascorbic acid is one form of vitamin C. It was originally called L-hexuronic acid, but, when it was found to have vitamin C activity in animals, the suggestion was made to rename it. The new name, ascorbic acid, is derived from a- and scorbutus, the disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin C. Because it is derived from glucose, many animals are able to produce it, but humans require it as part of their nutrition. Other vertebrates which lack the ability to produce ascorbic acid include some primates, guinea pigs, teleost fishes, bats, and some birds, all of which require it as a dietary micronutrient.
- read more about Ascorbic acid
- AA a.k.a. The Automobile Association is an author, building occupant, hotel grading authority.
- read more about The Automobile Association
- AA is a musical artist, record producer.
- AA a.k.a. Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers was an American labor union formed in 1876 to represent iron and steel workers. It partnered with the Steel Workers Organizing Committee and CIO, in November 1935. Both organizations disbanded May 22, 1942, to form a new organization, the United Steelworkers.
- read more about Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers
- Aa is a file format.
- AA is an iata airline designator.
- AA is a sports position.
- Aa a.k.a. TEA domain family member 1 (SV40 transcriptional enhancer factor) is a gene.
- also known as transcriptional enhancer factor 1; atrophia areata, peripapillary chorioretinal degeneration; SV40 transcriptional enhancer factor; transcription factor 13; TEA domain family member 1
Scrabble value of A1A1
The value of this 2-letter word is 2 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Aa to learn how to say it correctly!