On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ab
What does ab mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- Ab: Abs
- AB: -
- a bachelor's degree in arts and sciences
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- scientific name: BA
- synonyms of AB: Artium Baccalaurens / Bachelor of Arts
- more generic terms: baccalaureate / bachelor's degree = an academic degree conferred on someone who has successfully completed undergraduate studies
- the eleventh month of the civil year; the fifth month of the ecclesiastical year in the Jewish calendar (in July and August)
- the muscles of the abdomen
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of ab: abdominal / abdominal muscle
- more generic terms: skeletal muscle / striated muscle = a muscle that is connected at either or both ends to a bone and so move parts of the skeleton
- more specific terms:
- musculus obliquus externus abdominis / abdominal external oblique muscle / external oblique muscle / oblique = a diagonally arranged abdominal muscle on either side of the torso
- musculus transversalis abdominis / transverse muscle of abdomen / transversus abdominis muscle / transversus abdominis = a flat muscle with transverse fibers that forms the anterior and lateral walls of the abdominal cavity
- part of: abdomen / belly / stomach / venter = the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- the blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens
Alternative definition of the noun ab
- [informal] abdominal muscle
- [slang] An abscess caused by injecting an illegal drug, usually heroin.
Other definitions of ab
What does ab also mean?
- Alberta, a province of Canada.
- able-bodied seaman.
- See antiballistic.
- Bachelor of Arts.
- See afterburner.
- See antibody.
- abort or abortion
- See about.
Ab a.k.a. Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG is Germany's second largest airline, after Lufthansa, and Europe's seventh largest airline in terms of passengers carried.
- also known as airberlin, Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG, airberlin.com
- official website: www.airberlin.com
- AB a.k.a. Alton Brown: Alton Crawford Brown is an American television personality, celebrity chef, author, actor, and cinematographer. He is the creator and host of the Food Network television show Good Eats, the mini-series Feasting on Asphalt and Feasting on Waves, and host and main commentator on Iron Chef America and Cutthroat Kitchen. Brown is also the author of several books on cookery.
- read more about Alton Brown
- AB a.k.a. Allan Border: Allan Robert Border AO is an Australian former cricketer. A batsman, Border was for many years the captain of the Australian team. His playing nickname was "A.B.". He played 156 Test matches in his career, a record until it was passed by fellow Australian Steve Waugh. Border still retains the world record for the number of consecutive Test appearances of 153 and the number of Tests as captain. He was primarily a left hand batsman but also achieved sporadic success as a part-time left arm orthodox spinner. Border amassed 11,174 Test runs. He hit 27 centuries in his Test career. He retired as Australia's most capped player and leading run-scorer in both Tests and ODIs. His Australian record for Test Match runs stood for 15 years before Ricky Ponting overtook him during the Third Ashes Test against England in July 2009.
- read more about Allan Border
- AB a.k.a. AB de Villiers: Abraham Benjamin de Villiers is a South African cricketer, who captains the South African One Day International team, having succeeded Graeme Smith after the 2011 Cricket World Cup. He is also part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League.
- read more about AB de Villiers
- AB a.k.a. Ayub Bachchu is a Bangladeshi musician, singer, and lyricist, best known as a founding member and the leader of the rock band LRB.
- read more about Ayub Bachchu
- AB a.k.a. Anthony Boric is a rugby union player for the Blues in the Super 14 competition. He also plays for the North Harbour Marist. He plays as a lock. On 1 June 2008, Boric became a New Zealand All Black for the first time.
- read more about Anthony Boric
- AB a.k.a. Alana Boyd is an Australian Olympic pole vaulter.
- read more about Alana Boyd
- Ab a.k.a. AB+ is a musical artist, musician.
- born on (54 years ago)
- read more about AB+ (musical artist)
- Ab is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group KOP (Bass)
- AB a.k.a. Aaron Brown is an American basketball forward who plays for the West Virginia Mountaineers.
- read more about Aaron Brown
- AB a.k.a. Anne Birgitte Lind is an actress.
- read more about Anne Birgitte Lind (actress)
- AB a.k.a. Articen Bartley was a member of the musical group 95 South.
- read more about Articen Bartley
- Ab a.k.a. AIbert Abraham Cauvern: An old friend of Otto's: husband of his former secretary, Isa. Anne put a copy of their daughter, Ruth's, birth announcement in her diary. He was one of the people Otto asked to edit the diary manuscript known as Typescript I. In 1947, he took in Otto and the Gies, in his large apartment, where Otto apparently stayed until moving to Basel in mid-1952. (CE86 p. 63-4, 193; HLOF p. 213, 228, 238; AFR p.
- read more about AIbert Abraham Cauvern
- Ab is a fictional character in the 2010 drama film The Tree.
- Ab is a fictional film character.
- Ab is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Abyss Boys, included in the 2011 anthology of four short films Africa First: Volume One.
- "Ab" a.k.a. "AB-" is a 2013 short drama horror film written and directed by Daniel Klein.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Todd Mendeloff, Matt Irvine, James Choi, Travis Moody, Daniel Klein
- executive producers: AK Daniel, Elie Venezky, Ronald Klein & Barbara Klein
- production design by John Corba
- written by Daniel Klein
- cinematography by Pete Biagi
- edited by Matt Irvine
- music by Seth Boggess
- set decoration by Lehr Beidelschies & Mac Eldridge
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Drama
- released on
- "AB" is a 2013 documentary film written by Iván Fund, Andreas Koefoed, Santiago Loza and directed by Iván Fund and Andreas Koefoed.
- also known as Ab 3d
- countries: Denmark, Argentina
- language: Spanish Language
- directors: Iván Fund & Andreas Koefoed
- producers: Iván Fund & Andreas Koefoed
- executive producer: Iván Eibuszyc
- art direction by Araceli Castellanos Gotte & Belen Werbach
- written by Iván Fund, Andreas Koefoed, Santiago Loza
- cinematography by Iván Fund & Andreas Koefoed
- edited by Eduardo Crespo & Milton Secchi
- genres: Documentary film, LGBT
- released on
AB a.k.a. The Ancienne Belgique is a concert hall for contemporary music in Brussels, Belgium. Located in the historic heart of Brussels, it is one of the leading concert venues in Belgium, hosting a wide variety of international and local acts.
- read more about Ancienne Belgique
- Ab or Av, sometimes Aba or Abba, means "father" in most Semitic languages.
- Ab a.k.a. Abkhaz Language: Abkhaz is a Northwest Caucasian language spoken mostly by the Abkhaz people. It is the official language of Abkhazia where around 100,000 people speak it. Furthermore, it is spoken by thousands of members of the Abkhazian diaspora in Turkey, Georgia's autonomous republic of Adjara, Syria, Jordan and several Western countries. The Russian census of 2010 reported 6,786 speakers of Abkhaz in Russia.
- also known as Abxazo, Abkhaz
- Ab: The cuneiform ab, and ap sign, is the cuneiform sign used for the syllables ab, or ap, or the vowel and consonant usages of a, b, or p. In the Akkadian language b-and-p are interchangeable; also in cuneiform texts, any vowel of the a, e, i, u can be interchanged with another. Also for the 'ab/ap' sign, there is a capital letter usage as a sumerogram, found in the Epic of Gilgamesh for AB, Akkadian language for šību, "elder".
- Ab is a file format.
Scrabble value of A1B3
The value of this 2-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Ab to learn how to say it correctly!