Abet appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Aid and abet agents in a node; karate let a raked onanist negate bad Nadia.
- To get a map a late ban, a cog eroding is a sign id or ego can abet a lap a mate got.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun abet
- Definition of the verb abet
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abet
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abet
- Photos about Abet
- Video language resources about Abet
- Quotes about Abet
- Scrabble value of A1B3E1T1
- Anagrams of ABET
- Share this page
Definition of the noun abet
What does abet mean as a name of something?
- [obsolete] An act of abetting; of helping; of giving aid.
Definition of the verb abet
What does abet mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: abetted, abetting
- assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Beneficiary] I helped him [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Beneficiary] [Theme, object control with infinitive] I helped him to finish the homework [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Beneficiary] with [Theme, object control with -ing] I helped him with finishing the homework [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Beneficiary] with [Theme, not sentential clause] I helped him with homework [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] with [Theme, arbitrary control with -ing] I helped with finishing the homework [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] with [Theme, not sentential clause] I helped with the homework
- lexical domain: Activities - verbs of political and social activities and events
- more generic word: assist = act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function
Alternative definition of the verb abet
- [transitive] To assist or encourage by aid or countenance, especially in crime.
- [transitive, obsolete except negatively] To support, countenance, maintain, uphold, or aid any cause, opinion, or action; to maintain.
- [transitive] To support, uphold, or aid; to maintain.
- [obsolete] To urge on, stimulate (a person to do something) - first known use 1390
- [obsolete] To back up one's forecast of a doubtful issue, by staking money, etc., to bet.
Definition of the verb abet for high school students
- to aid, help, encourage
- example: The spy succeeded only because he had a friend on the inside to abet him.
The verb abet is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
Abet is a musical group.
- Abet is a fictional character from the 1997 film The Man in Selya's Life.
- Abet is a fictional character from the 1982 film Batch '81.
Abet is a record label.
ABET, incorporated as the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc., is a non-governmental organization that accredits post-secondary education programs in "applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology".
- also known as Engineers' Council for Professional Development, ECPD
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abet
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
ICTIEE 2014 by R. Natarajan
Milligan Abstract ABET is a not-for-profit, nongovernmental accreditor of degree granting programs in applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology. ABET uses a peer review process to evaluate academic ...
How To Secure Full-Time Employment or Contract Work by Donald L. Grove
Accreditation ABET is a non‐profit and non‐governmental accrediting agency for academic programs in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering , and engineering technology. ABET is a recognized accreditor in the United ...
Python for Bioinformatics (2010)
by Jason Kinser
The abet is the English alphabet in lowercase letters. The ape is this string converted to a list. The list z is created, and the ape is appended to it. Thus, the first item in the list is the letters in alphabetical order. Then the ape is randomly shuffled ...
A Form of Common Prayer, Vvith Thanksgiving, for the Late Victory by His Majesties Naval Forces (1666)
Appointed to be Used in and about London, on Tuesday the 14th of August; and Through All England, on Thursday the 23d of August : Set Forth by His Majesties Authority by Church of England
citatknamitige it top gointsoatwortnot deliberts abet is a pity into them 3 ties&thing to still to o t;2; ...
NIST Special Publication (1988)
ABET is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Every engineering school in the United States except for MIT wants to be accredited. We are reviewed every six years, and it is a very thorough review. It's as complex as the ...
by Deborah W. Smyth
ABET is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Every engineering school in the United States except for MlT wants to be accredited. We are reviewed every six years, and it is a very thorough review. lt's as complex as the ...
ABET is a key area in the HRD strategy. Information technology inuolues the use of technological systems such as computers and telecommunications to store and send information. Refer to Chapter 2 for more on information technology.
by Robert W. Messler Jr., Robert W. Messler, Jr.
ABET is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, which, as its name implies, accredits undergraduate degree programs within engineering. 2. In all cases, the spread of ...
Volume 19 - Energy: Costing Thermal Electric Power Plants to Ethanol by John J. McKetta Jr
The ECPD/ABET, in its Annual Reports issued in the Fall of each year, publishes a listing of engineering programs recognized through its accreditation process. This listing shows the name of the institution, the names of the individually ...
Abet, abet′, v.t.to incite by encouragement or ...
Dictionary of Homonyms (2007)
by David Rothwell
abet In its most common usage, this verb has rather shady connotations. The word means 'to assist or encourage', but it is invariably ...
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
ABET', v. n.) Anglo Sax. Betän ...
by Walter William Skeat
abet, to incite.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abet
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abet
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abet
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Aid and Abet.
Quotes about Abet
Scrabble value of A1B3E1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine