On this page:
ABL a.k.a. Lauric acid or systematically dodecanoic acid, the saturated fatty acid with a 12-carbon atom chain, thus falling into the medium chain fatty acids, is a white, powdery solid with a faint odor of bay oil or soap.
- read more about Lauric acid
Abl a.k.a. Ambler Airport is a state-owned public-use airport located one nautical mile north of the central business district of Ambler, a city in the Northwest Arctic Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska.
- ABL: Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 1 also known as ABL1 is a protein that, in humans, is encoded by the ABL1 gene located on chromosome 9. c-Abl is sometimes used to refer to the version of the gene found within the mammalian genome, while v-Abl refers to the viral gene.
- also known as v-abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 1, Abelson murine leukemia viral (v-abl) oncogene homolog 1, proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase ABL1, bcr/c-abl oncogene protein, Abl gene
- ABL a.k.a. Acanthocytosis: Acanthocytes are red blood cells that show many spicules when viewed on a wet film. They are seen in abetalipoproteinaemia, McLeod syndrome and several inherited neurological disorders, such as neuroacanthocytosis.
- read more about Acanthocytosis
- Abl is a protein.
- also known as JTK7, c-Abl, v-abl Ableson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 1, v-abl Abelson murine leukemia oncogene 1, Abelson murine leukemia oncogene, Abl1
- ABL a.k.a. Air Bearings Limited is a 2005 Queen's Awards Winner.
- read more about Air Bearings Limited
- Abl a.k.a. Abung Language is an human language.
- also known as Lampung Nyo language
- Abl a.k.a. microsomal triglyceride transfer protein is a gene.
- also known as microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (large polypeptide, 88kD); microsomal triglyceride transfer protein large subunit; microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (large polypeptide, 88kDa)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Abl
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Class 2 Transferases (2010)
EC 2.1-2.7.10 by Dietmar Schomburg, Ida Schomburg
+ ADP ATP + Abl <4, 5> (<5> Abl is an important substrate for Src signalling in normal cells ; <4> Abl is an...
by Dennis W. Ross
ABL is an oncogene that encodes a tyrosine kinase.
an ABL mutation "causes" chronic myeloid leukemia. ABL is a classic oncogene having all of the characteristics defined in Table 7.2.
by Ernst J. M. Helmreich
abl is an oncogene first found in the Abelson strain of mouse leukaemia virus. Mutations of...
by Ejub Kajan
ABl - Application Binary Interface. The interface by which an application program gains access to an operating system and other low-level services, designed to allow binary portability between machines with the same ABl. Also a part of the ...
by Nicole Mitchell, Lisa A. Ennis
Taking advantage of the popularity of the women's Olympic basketball team, the ABL debuted a year later in October 1996, with eight franchise teams in Atlanta, Seattle, Denver, and San Jose, among other cities. With the slogans “It's a Whole ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abl
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abl
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Fabiano Carnevale
- Gateway - ABL
Aaron standing in the gateway.
A tree bent by the elements served as the foundation and inspiration for this arch, or gateway. Branches were collected, pushed into the mud for support and balanced to form a gateway. Supple bark was used to bind some of the cross pieces at the top.
Photo credit: AaronLeavy
- Balex ABL Prototype
Initial prototype designs
Photo credit: locusresearch
Video about Abl
Brief Hardware Description - ABL CCTV Solutions
Brief description and operation tutorial on the 16 channel ABL CCTV Solution.
See also the pronunciation examples of Abl!
Scrabble value of A1B3L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abl!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abl to see it in context!