On this page:
- Definition of the adjective abominable
- Phrases with Abominable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abominable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abominable
- Photos about Abominable
- Video language resources about Abominable
- Quotes about Abominable
- Scrabble value of A1B3O1M3I1N1A1B3L1E1
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective abominable
What does abominable mean as an attribute of a noun?
- unequivocally detestable
- exceptionally bad or displeasing
Alternative definition of the adjective abominable
- Worthy of, or causing, abhorrence, as a thing of evil omen; odious in the utmost degree; very hateful; detestable; loathsome; execrable.
- [obsolete] Excessive; large; -- used as an intensive.
- Very bad or inferior.
"Abominable" is a 2006 horror film, directed and written by Ryan Schifrin. The film stars Matt McCoy, Jeffrey Combs, Lance Henriksen, Rex Linn, Dee Wallace, Phil Morris, Paul Gleason and Haley Joel. Despite the title, the antagonist of the film is the cryptid Bigfoot. The film premiered on April 10, 2006 in New York City. The music is scored by Lalo Schifrin, which patterned on Les Baxter's score to The Beast Within.
- also known as A jeti visszatér
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Donna Cockrell, Theresa Schifrin, Paul Spadone
- art direction by Theresa Schifrin & Donna Cockrell
- written by Ryan Schifrin
- based on a story by Ryan Schifrin & James Morrison
- Matt McCoy as Preston Rogers
- Haley Joel as Amanda
- Christien Tinsley as Otis Wilhelm
- Karin Anna Cheung as C.J.
- Jeffrey Combs as Clerk
- Natalie Compagno as Michelle
- Michael Deak as Monster
- Jim Giggans as Reporter
- Paul Gleason as Sheriff Halderman
- Ashley Hartman as Karen Herdberger
- Lance Henriksen as Ziegler Dane
- Rex Linn as Farmer Hoss
- Phil Morris as Deputy McBride
- James Morrison as Dr. Seussmeyer
- Tiffany Shepis as Tracy
- Chad Smith as Deputy Parker
- Dee Wallace as Ethel Hoss
- casting by Junie Lowry-Johnson
- cinematography by Neal Fredericks
- edited by Chris Conlee
- music by Lalo Schifrin
- set decoration by Chanida Trueblood
- genres: Horror, Thriller
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
- official website: www.abominablethemovie.com
- "Abominable" is a musical album of Lalo Schifrin, soundtrack.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Abominable" is a musical album of Amagortis.
Phrases with Abominable
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abominable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jeanne Nagle
Even today some people speak of having seen these half-human, half-animal creatures, includAPPEARANCE The word abominable means hateful or strongly unpleasant.
A Compendium of Mistakes in Grammar, Usage, and Spelling with commentary on lexicographers and linguists by Robert Hartwell Fiske
A abominable Misused for abdominal t " WBMVBCMF JTPNFUSJD FYFSDJTF however, is simply tightening and releasing the abominable muscles, which is a good way to tone and strengthen them. Use abdominal t #VU POF PG the common ...
by Ph. D. James E. Smith
Abominable Things OT: Refers to what is detestable to God and is particularly related to idolatry. In NIV Abomination is used only 7x to translate three Hebrew words: shiqquts, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abominable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abominable
Click on an item to view that photo:
When he starts to melt this guy gets that weird, elongated look.
Photo credit: gds
Photo credit: andrewmalone
Photo credit: permanently scatterbrained
- Abominable Snowmen
Creepy #9, June 1966.
Photo credit: Marxchivist
- The Abominable Snoeman
Photo credit: break.things
- Abominable Skulleen
Photo credit: imcallahan
View more pictures about Abominable Snowman.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abominable
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Abominable Snowman.
See also the pronunciation examples of Abominable!
Quotes about Abominable
Scrabble value of A1B3O1M3I1N1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abominable to see it in context!