On this page:
- Definition of the noun abrasive
- Definition of the adjective abrasive
- Phrases with Abrasive
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abrasive
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abrasive
- Photos about Abrasive
- Video language resources about Abrasive
- Quotes about Abrasive
- Scrabble value of A1B3R1A1S1I1V4E1
- Anagrams of ABRASIVE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun abrasive
What does abrasive mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: abrasives
- a substance that abrades or wears down
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of abrasive: abradant / abrasive material
- more generic words: material / stuff = the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun abrasive
- A substance or material such as sandpaper, pumice, or emery, used for cleaning, smoothing, or polishing.
Definition of the adjective abrasive
What does abrasive mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more abrasive / most abrasive
- causing abrasion
- sharply disagreeable; rigorous
Alternative definition of the adjective abrasive
- Producing abrasion; rough enough to wear away the outer surface.
- Being rough and coarse in manner or disposition.
Abrasive is a musical group.
- albums: "Awakening of Lust", "Devotion (Hymns to Subcutaneous Human Pleasure)", "Desire", "Victim"
- "Abrasive" is the debut studio album by Puddle of Mudd, released in 1997 on Hardknocks Records. The album is extremely rare as it was an independent release with limited distribution. The band had said that if they ever get the chance, they would like to re-release this album. As of 2014 the album has still not been reissued.
- "Abrasive" is a musical album of DJet.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Abrasive" is a musical album of Santos.
- released in (12 years ago)
Abrasive: An abrasive is a material, often a mineral, that is used to shape or finish a workpiece through rubbing which leads to part of the workpiece being worn away. While finishing a material often means polishing it to gain a smooth, reflective surface which can also involve roughening as in satin, matte or beaded finishes.
Phrases with Abrasive
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abrasive
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
National Painters Magazine (1914)
The word abrasive means something used to rub or wear or scrape away, and is derived from the Latin. Among the manufactured abrasives (as contrasted with the ones found in nature) there are two main classes or divisions, namely those ...
Civil Engineering abrading equipment abrasive media abutment | accelerator Civil Engineering...
Mosby's Dental Dictionary (2013)
by Elsevier, Mosby
abrasive strip, n See strip, abrasive. abrasive system, n the materials used for polishing and cleansing. Common materials include calcium carbonate (calcite, chalk, whiting), diamond par- ticles (for ...
by Karl F. Schmid
Abrasive: Material usedfor grinding, sanding, polishing, or the wearing away of another material. Aluminum oxide,garnet, and siliconbased compoundsare commonly used as abrasives for sanding andsmoothing wood. • Abrasive coatings: ...
by Charles D. Reese, James Vernon Eidson
ABRASIVE GRINDING (1926.303) All grinding machines are to be supplied with sufficient power to maintain the spindle speed at safe levels under all conditions of normal operation. Grinding machines are equipped with safety guards in ...
by Mohsen Manutchehr-Danai
Abrasive. abraded culet; a term applied to a culet of diamond, when scratched by other stones or when it has been faceted. abrasax; same as abraxas. abrasion; (1 ) the wearing off of a part of the earth's surface by moving water, ice, gravity, ...
by Loran O'Bannon
ABRASIVE DISK, BONDED product mounted on a spindle for use in high-speed grinding and machining operations. abrasive disk, bonded. A disk-shaped, bonded abrasive product mounted on a face plate for use on a grinding or milling ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abrasive
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abrasive
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Sand Abrasive
Photo credit: Rod Waddington
- Abrasive Attitude
Photo credit: theilr
- Waterjet Abrasive Garnet Closeup
Photo credit: WARDJet
- American Abrasive Metals Co
Pat Oct 30 1920
New York City
A nice, square cover.
Photo credit: kschlot1
- Waterjet Abrasive - Garnet
Garnet is mixed with the waterjet stream to create an accelerated erosion process for cutting parts and materials with a waterjet.
Photo credit: WARDJet
- The Flexible Abrasive
Photo credit: alastoros oistros
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abrasive
Click on an item to play that video:
- Abrasive Meaning
- Cutting and Abrasive Tools # 1 - Vocabulary Building
These are list of cutting and abrasive tools: axe, bandsaw, blade, broach, ceramic tile cutter, chainsaw, chisel, circular saw, coping saw, countersink, diagonal ...
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Abrasive, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
Meaning of the.
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Rotary and abrasive instrument
- Empower Network Abrasive Language
- The Defective Dictionary Word: "Abrasive"
See also the pronunciation examples of Abrasive!
Quotes about Abrasive
Scrabble value of A1B3R1A1S1I1V4E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABRASIVE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abrasive!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abrasive to see it in context!