On this page:
- Definition of the adjective abreast
- Definition of the adverb abreast
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for abreast
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for abreast
- Photos about abreast
- Video language resources about abreast
- Quotes about abreast
- Scrabble value of A1B3R1E1A1S1T1
- Anagrams of ABREAST
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective abreast
What does abreast mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- being up to particular standard or level especially in being up to date in knowledge
Definition of the adverb abreast
What does abreast mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- alongside each other, facing in the same direction
Alternative definition of the adverb abreast
- Informed, well-informed, familiar, acquainted
- Side by side, facing forward, with breasts in a line; as,
- [nautical] Side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam; – with of.
- Up to a certain level or line; equally advanced; as, to keep 'abreast' of [or with] the present state of science.
- [obsolete]: At the same time; simultaneously
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for abreast
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by V&S EDITORIAL BOARD
Abreast – (adv.) 1 Side by side and facing the same way. While climbing over we found a huge rock abreast us. 2 Alongside. Abreast of the ...
Social Science and Policy by Mark Garrett
Regional jets come in three sizeswith anywhere from 27to130 seats, differentiated by howtheseats are situatedin the passenger cabin: three abreast, four abreast,and five abreast. Early RJ technology was first developed in the Soviet Union.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for abreast
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about abreast
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: rrrtem
- Line Abreast
Seagulls in the Sunset
Photo credit: chefranden
- Four Abreast
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Line Abreast
Model ships on sale at a shop in the Boat Quay.
These are apparently imported from Vietnam, and are hand-made. Reasonably priced too (the less fancy ones were available for around SGD 150).
Photo credit: Balaji Dutt
- Under Abreast
Yo Quiero Taco Bell Get the hell outta here!
Photo credit: MSVG
- Two Ocean Liners Abreast, Galveston, Tex.
Title: Two Ocean Liners Abreast, Galveston, Tex.
Date: ca. 1907
Part Of: Eric Steinfeldt collection of maritime views
Place: Galveston, Galveston County, Texas
Physical Description: 1 photomechanical print (postcard)...
- Three Abreast
The Friends of the Massachusetts Park Ranger Mounted Unit Fall Trail Ride
Photo credit: ian02054
- Cycling five abreast
Photo credit: qcom
- Line Abreast
Vicksburg Battlefield - Mississippi
Photo credit: StuSeeger
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about abreast
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of abreast!
Quotes about abreast
Scrabble value of A1B3R1E1A1S1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABREAST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of abreast!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of abreast to see it in context!