Abroad appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- "Sir, a pro seminar’s abroad!" I remonstrate, "Live vile tarts? No, Merida or Basra, Nimes or Paris!"
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective abroad
- Definition of the adverb abroad
- Definition of the noun abroad
- Phrases with Abroad
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abroad
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abroad
- Photos about Abroad
- Video language resources about Abroad
- Quotes about Abroad
- Scrabble value of A1B3R1O1A1D2
- Anagrams of ABROAD
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective abroad
What does abroad mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more abroad / most abroad
Definition of the adverb abroad
What does abroad mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- to or in a foreign country
- example: they had never travelled abroad
- far away from home or one's usual surroundings
- synonym of abroad: afield
- in a place across an ocean
- synonym of abroad: overseas
Alternative definition of the adverb abroad
- [dated] At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space
- synonym: overseas
- [dated] Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode
- Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries.
- [dated] Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; widely.
Definition of the noun abroad
What does abroad mean as a name of something?
- [neologism] countries or lands abroad
Phrases with Abroad
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abroad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mwalimu J. Shujaa, Kenya J. Shujaa
Jacqueline HowardMatthews Jacqueline HowardMatthews HowardMatthews, Jacqueline Study Abroad and Cultural Awareness Study abroad and cultural awareness 799 804 ...
by Orr, James
“come abroad” is used in Rom. 16:19 to indicate a report that has been most widely diffused (literally, “did reach unto all”). Similar idiomatic translations of the King James ...
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
The necessary expertise is acquired through personal learning abroad experiences and, more importantly, through teacher education and the provision of specialized courses dealing with the pedagogy and methodology of exchanges and ...
by Leo Paul Dana
export directly to customers abroad or (2) export indirectly through an intermediary (Peng and York , 2001). Direct exporting is a common path to internationalization and is well ...
The New Universal English Dictionary ... To which is added, a dictionary of cant words ... The fourth edition, carefully corrected by Mr. Buchanan, etc (1760)
by Nathan BAILEY
a flewing abroad, or divers ways. DlFFLU 'ENT ( dffuen:, L.) loose and ready to sail asunder. DlFi-'LU'OUS (dzfflmz L.) flowing forth , abroad or several wa s. 2 'so DlFFUNDl (dffmderg L. to pour out, to scatter ...
Philologia Anglicana: or, a Philological and synonymical dictionary of the English language; in which the words are deduced from their originals-their sense defined-and the same illustrated and supported by proper examples and notes, critical and explanatory. [“A-Adornment” only.] (1806)
by Benjamin DAWSON (Rector of Burgh, Suffolk.)
For whatever is or acts abroad, mustbe in the situation denoted by these'terms; Hence we can say with propriety—“ Let the bird out of the cage, ...
Wörterbuch der Handels-, Finanz- und Rechtssprache / Dictionary of Commerical, Financial and Legal Terms / Dictionnaire des Termes Commerciaux, Financiers et Juridiques (2012)
| ~e Beziehungen | relations abroad || rapports avec l' extérieur | ~es Fabrikat | foreign product || produit étranger | ~e Gesellschaft | foreign ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abroad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abroad
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abroad
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adam Carter on Searching for Meaning by Traveling Abroad
In Chapter 4 of 13 in his 2012 Capture Your Flag interview, micro-philanthropist Adam Carter answers "Where is Your Comfort Zone and What Do You Do to ...
- BU Abroad: Madrid's Deeper Meaning
Studying abroad was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, says Cherisse, who last fall studied in the Madrid Language and Liberal Arts Program. Cherisse took ...
- Hikaru, Japan: Catch Up with Slang to Prepare for Studying Abroad
Hikaru, who is studying to become an electrical engineer, developed his English skills by talking and interacting with other English speakers, and by teaching ...
- American slang and phrases | Hotcourses Abroad
Which sayings and phrases did Venezuelan student Hugo struggle with when he first arrived in America to study? Here he shares some funny stories about a ...
- The social meaning of English abroad
- Dream meaning of Abroad
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = agency abroad
- Advice on teaching English abroad from 26 ESL teachers
- EF Language Courses Abroad (ages 16-18, 18-24)
- 30 ESL Teachers share their challenges teaching English abroad
- American Speech-Language Pathologists Working Abroad
Benjamin Bennet, CF-SLP talks with John Consalvi, MA, CCC-SLP, and CEO/Founder of LinguaHealth, about the findings in his thesis, American ...
- Language House Prague - TEFL Job Assistance and Teaching Abroad
TEFL job coordinator and lesson plan guidance teacher, Andrea Baylis, offers her insights of the course and finding TEFL jobs in Prague and abroad. Watch all ...
- EF Multi-Language Year Abroad (adults, 16+)
- [ESL TEACHING] How to find a teaching position abroad.
Part three! watch part one...
- Teaching English Abroad: 20,000 ESL Jobs Posted Monthly
English as a Second Language teachers are in high demand globally. With 20000 ESL teaching jobs available monthly, teaching English abroad is a realistic ...
- Summer Language Abroad - University of Notre Dame
The Center for the Study of Languages and Cultures' Summer Language Abroad (SLA) Grant Program provides funding for individual summer foreign language ...
- Year abroad (language assistant)
Students from the University of Bath talk about their Language Assistantship roles as part of their year abroad.
- How to Get a Good ESL Teaching Job Abroad: 4 Questions to Ask
- ESL Abroad Pilot Program
Welcome to the first endeavor by HCA to pair seniors with teens abroad in Morocco! It's about connecting cultures, generations, and English learners through ...
- Teach English Abroad With No Degree --For ESL Teachers Overseas
- Story of Venture ESL for those who want to teach English abroad
This is a story of Venture ESL for those who are thinking of coming to Korea for teaching. Venture ESL connects bright, outgoing, college graduates with ...
- Study English language abroad commercial geo
Study English language abroad commercial geo.
- Language Studies Abroad. OMNES LINGUA
See also the pronunciation examples of Abroad!
Quotes about Abroad
Scrabble value of A1B3R1O1A1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABROAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abroad!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abroad to see it in context!