On this page:
- Definition of the noun Absolute Power
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Absolute Power
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absolute Power
- Photos about Absolute Power
- Video language resources about Absolute Power
- Quotes about Absolute Power
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Absolute Power
What does Absolute Power mean as a name of something?
- Complete authority to act in an area, not restrained by supervision or review.
- "Absolute Power" is a 1997 American political thriller film produced by, directed by, and starring Clint Eastwood as a master jewel thief who witnesses the killing of a woman by Secret Service agents. The screenplay by William Goldman is based on the 1996 novel Absolute Power by David Baldacci. Screened at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival, the film also stars Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Laura Linney, Judy Davis and Scott Glenn. It was also the last screen appearance of E. G. Marshall.
- country: United States of America
- languages: Spanish Language, English Language
- producers: Clint Eastwood & Karen Spiegel
- executive producer: Tom Rooker
- production design by Henry Bumstead
- art direction by Jack G. Taylor Jr
- written by William Goldman
- based on "Absolute Power" by David Baldacci
- Clint Eastwood as Luther Whitney
- Gene Hackman as President Allen Richmond
- Ed Harris as Seth Frank
- Laura Linney as Kate Whitney
- Scott Glenn as Bill Burton
- Dennis Haysbert as Tim Collin
- Judy Davis as Gloria Russell
- E. G. Marshall as Walter Sullivan
- Melora Hardin as Christy Sullivan
- Penny Johnson as Laura Simon
- Richard Jenkins as Michael McCarty
- Mark Margolis as Red Brandsford
- Elaine Kagan as Valerie
- Kenneth Welsh as Sandy Lord
- Alison Eastwood as Art Student
- Yau-Gene Chan as Waiter
- George Orrison as Airport Bartender
- Charles McDaniel as Medical Examiner
- John Lyle Campbell as Repairman
- Kimber Lynn Eastwood as White House Tour Guide
- Eric Dahlquist Jr. as Oval Office Agent
- Jack Stewart Taylor as Watergate Doorman
- Joy Ehrlich as Reporter
- Robert Harvey as Cop
- casting by Phyllis Huffman
- cinematography by Jack N. Green
- edited by Joel Cox
- music by Lennie Niehaus
- set decoration by Richard C. Goddard & Anne D. McCulley
- locations: Baltimore, Washington, D.C.
- genres: Thriller, Crime Fiction, Political thriller, Political drama, Crime Thriller, Suspense, Drama
- tagline: Corrupts Absolutely.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (18 years ago)
- Absolute Power is a British comedy series, set in the offices of Prentiss McCabe, a fictional public relations company in London, run by Charles Prentiss and Martin McCabe.
- begun on and completed on (10 years ago)
- 12 episodes of 30 minutes each, in 2 seasons
- country: United Kingdom
- regular cast:
- genres: Sitcom, Satire, Comedy
- official website: www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/absolute.shtml
- "Absolute Power" is a 1996 book by David Baldacci, which was made into a 1997 film starring Clint Eastwood.
- also known as "Der Prasident"
- language: English Language
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller, Fiction
- subjects: Adventure, United States of America
- released on (19 years ago)
- "Absolute Power" is a novel by Michael Carroll, published in (8 years ago).
- also known as The Reckoning
- Colin Wagner
- Renata Soliz
- Danny Cooper
- Victor Cross
- "Absolute Power" is a 1992 novel written by Ray Russell.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1992
- "Absolute power" is a book by Jonah Anguka.
- also known as "Absolute power: the Ouko murder mystery"
- "Absolute Power" is the fourth studio album by Kansas City, Missouri rapper Tech N9ne. It peaked at #79 on the Billboard 200, and it has sold over 250,000 copies.
- "Absolute Power" is the twelfth studio album by New York-based hardcore and Groove Metal band Pro-Pain. The album was released on May 5, 2010, by AFM Records.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Absolute Power" is a musical album of Lennie Niehaus, soundtrack.
- also known as Absolute Power Soundtrack
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Absolute Power" is a musical album of Powermad.
- released in (27 years ago)
- "Absolute Power" is a musical album of Blitzkrieg.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Absolute Power" is a musical album of Aska.
- released on (8 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Absolute Power
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Marrow of Sacred Divinity ... Translated out of the Latine ... Published by order from ... the House of Commons (1642)
Hencea certaine distin&ion arifeth of Divine Omnipotency, whereby it is diftinguished into absolute power, and ordinate, orastuall power. 19. Absolute power is that whereby God is able to doe all things possible, ...
The Marrow of Theology (2014)
by William Ames
Hence a certain distinction ariseth of Divine Omnipotency, whereby it is distinguished into absolute power, and ordinate, or actual power. 19. Absolute power is that whereby God is able to do all things possible, ...
English Law (2009)
by Gary Slapper, David Kelly
This absolute power is a consequence of the historical struggle between Parliament and ...
Absolute power is an uncommon experience, and the sheer fact of its occurrence, to whom this power has been given, creates a sense of unequalled freedom. This frustration usually encountered in everyday life as determined by the other ...
Volume III: The Millenarian Turn: Millenarian Contexts of Science, Politics and Everyday Anglo-American Life in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries by J.E. Force, R.H. Popkin
God's absolute power refers to what is theoretically possible for him to do providing it does not involve a logical contradiction.
by Donald K. McKim, David F. Wright
The second limitation employed in the Middle Ages involved a distinction between God's "absolute power" (divine power in itself) and God's "ordained power" (divine power in connection with divine willing). Calvin refused this distinction as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absolute Power
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Absolute Power
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Absolute Power
Click on an item to play that video:
- Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely Meaning
Video shows what power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely means. The corrupting influence of power is total when one's power is total.. Power ...
- Absolute power Meaning
Video shows what absolute power means. Complete authority to act in an area, not restrained by supervision or review.. Absolute power Meaning. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Absolute Power!
Quotes about Absolute Power
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Absolute Power to see it in context!