On this page:
- Definition of the noun abstractionist
- Definition of the adjective abstractionist
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abstractionist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abstractionist
- Photos about Abstractionist
- Video about Abstractionist
- Scrabble value of A1B3S1T1R1A1C3T1I1O1N1I1S1T1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun abstractionist
What does abstractionist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: abstractionists
- a painter of abstract pictures
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of abstractionist: abstract artist
- more generic word: painter = an artist who paints
- more specific word: suprematist = an artist of the school of suprematism
Alternative definition of the noun abstractionist
- Someone who paints or creates abstract art.
- An idealist. - Emerson
Definition of the adjective abstractionist
What does abstractionist mean as an attribute of a noun?
- not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature
Alternative definition of the adjective abstractionist
- Related or tending to abstractionism.
"Abstractionist" is a musical album of Alexei Borisov.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abstractionist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Oxford University Press
abstractionist 31.10 ...
Encyclopedia of Neuroscience (2009)
Volume One by Larry R. Squire
Abstractionist versus episodic theories of repetition priming and word identification. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review 2: 339–363. Wig GS, Grafton ...
by Cary D. Wintz, Paul Finkelman
Jones was a pioneer American abstractionist who combined a flair for decorative and geometric patterning withakeen understandingof human anatomy and a gift forportraiture. Responding totheinspiration of Locke and the Harmon Foundation ...
Based Upon the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster : with a Reference Library and Treasury of Facts by Noah Webster, Harry Thurston Peck
abstractionist (ab-strak'shun-ist), n. one who deals with abstractions; an idealist; a dreamer. abstractive (ab-strak'tiv) , adj. having the quality or ...
by Terence Diggory
Like- minded musicians, including mortoN FeldmaN, David Tudor, Earle Brown, and Christian Wolff, soon gathered around Cage to form an “'abstractionist' pressure group,” bringing muSic up to speed with painting (Thomson 76).
by Eugene Benson, University Professor Emeritus of English Eugene Benson, L.W. Conolly
uses the career of painter Keith Looby as a focus to examine the Australian post-war art world, including the art marketplace, and the conflict between the New York abstractionist establishment and the creative and political ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abstractionist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abstractionist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Mice vs. downtown Oly abstractionist
Photo credit: dreamsjung
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Abstractionist
Video shows what abstractionist means. Related or tending to abstractionism, particularly art.. abstractionist pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
Scrabble value of A1B3S1T1R1A1C3T1I1O1N1I1S1T1
The value of this 14-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abstractionist to see it in context!