The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective abundant and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective abundant
- Phrases with abundant
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for abundant
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for abundant
- Photos about abundant
- Video language resources about abundant
- Sign language
- Quotes about abundant
- Scrabble value of A1B3U1N1D2A1N1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective abundant
What does abundant mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more abundant / most abundant
- present in great quantity
- example: an abundant supply of water
- antonym: scarce
- similar: abounding / galore; ample / copious / plenteous / plentiful / rich; copious / voluminous; easy; exuberant / lush / luxuriant / profuse / riotous; thick; long; overabundant / plethoric / rife; plentiful; rampant; rank; superabundant; teeming; torrential; verdant
- attribute: quantity = an adequate or large amount
- see also: ample; rich
Alternative definition of the adjective abundant
- Fully sufficient; found in copious supply; in great quantity.
- Richly supplied — followed by in, rarely by with.
- [mathematics] Being an abundant number, i.e. less than the sum of all of its divisors except itself.
- synonym: copious
Phrases with abundant
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for abundant
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Wilcox Cooke
and there being abundant means by which the information might have came from other sources to Knoxville, it was held there was not suflicient proof that the defendant had been in any way instrumental in the capture, to sustain a verdict in ...
by Eric W. Weisstein
/ Number / B0 / DEFICIENT NUMBER -1 ALMOST PERFECT NUMBER 0 PERFECT NUMBER 1 QUASIPERFECT NUMBER / > 0/ ABUNDANT NUMBER See also ABUNDANCY, DEFICIENCY References Guy, R. K. Unsolved Problems in ...
Mammalia and birds; foraminifera and infusoria; lam el 11 branch lata and gasteropoda abundant; corals and bryozoa; land plants resembling the existing flora. Saurian* ( mommnru*, &c); fishes ...
by Guenter Kahl
Since the difference between single copy and highly abundant messages is more than 105 in most cells, any cloning of cDNAs will inevitably lead to an overrepresentation of clones from strongly expressed genes, whereas least abundant ...
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
Spenser, • ABUNDANT, adj.
Mongolian-English Dictionary (2013)
by Ferdinand D Lessing
Abundance; abundant, plentiful, rich; # rather large or loose (of clothes).
by Louisa Pansegrouw
furphy abundance affluence, ampleness, amplitude, bounty, copiousness, excess, fortune, heaps, lots, many, mass, much, plenitude, plenteousness, plenty, plethora, profusion, quantity, riches, richness, surplus, wealth abundant abounding, ...
Table 9 Relationship between marbling, maturity, and carcass quality gradea Marturityb Degree of marbling Ac B C D E Degree of marbling Prime Choice Select Standard Utility Commercial Cutter Abundant Moderately Abundant Slightly ...
by David Pimentel, Ph.D.
Bentazon Geocoris punctipes Soybean Increased eggs/hatch Caragard Combi Spider mite Grape Outbreaks 2,4-D Sugarcane borer Sugarcane Increase 2,4-D Wireworm Wheat Increase 2,4-D Grasshopper Weeds Nymphs abundant 2,4-D ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for abundant
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about abundant
Click on an item to view that photo:
Ahhh the golden rod thrives in PA.
Photo credit: fauxto_digit
Photo credit: jared
- Abundant green
Mid summer day in the green Shropshire countryside
Photo credit: MICOLO J Thanx 4, 2.7m views
- Abundant Garden
Read Rhonda at...
Photo credit: thegardenbuzz
- Abundant berries.
Photo credit: jfingas
- Hope Abundant
Something for a Black and White show at the local gallery
Photo credit: gideon_wright
- Abundant Beauty
Photo credit: Jitabebe
- Abundant Bouquet
Photo credit: Championship Catering
- Abundant Water
Photo credit: Andrew E. Larsen
- Abundant Fish
Photo - edited in photoshop and then
screen printed (four colour separation).
Photo credit: alinehoffart
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about abundant
Click on an item to play that video:
- Abundant Meaning
Video shows what abundant means. Fully sufficient; found in copious supply; in great quantity; overflowing.. Richly supplied; wealthy; possessing in great ...
- Video Vocabulary - "abundant" definition
Created by Jiyu and Sonal at Seisen International School in Tokyo, Japan.
- Mrs. P's Abundant Vocabulary Fun
Build your vocabulary with Mrs. P. Discover why the word "Abundant" is one of Mrs. P's favorite words. Is it because there is an abundant amount of books in the ...
- Treatment Explanation At Abundant Health Chiropractic San D
- What Is The Definition Of Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 Medical Dictionary Free Online
- The Defective Dictionary Word: "Abundant"
- Mastering Your Abundant Career - here's a full description of this week's package
See also the pronunciation examples of abundant!
Abundant Life John 4:14 / American Sign Language
Devotion for Deaf.
Quotes about abundant
Scrabble value of A1B3U1N1D2A1N1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of abundant to see it in context!