On this page:
- Definition of the adjective abusive
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Abusive
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abusive
- Photos about Abusive
- Video language resources about Abusive
- Quotes about Abusive
- Scrabble value of A1B3U1S1I1V4E1
- Anagrams of ABUSIVE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective abusive
What does abusive mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more abusive / most abusive
- expressing offensive reproach
- characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment
- examples: abusive punishment | argued...that foster homes are abusive
- similar: harmful
Alternative definition of the adjective abusive
- Wrongly used; perverted; misapplied.
- Practicing abuse; prone to ill treat by coarse, insulting words or by other ill usage; as, an 'abusive' author; an 'abusive' fellow.
- Containing abuse, or serving as the instrument of abuse; vituperative; reproachful; scurrilous.
- [obsolete] Tending to deceive; fraudulent; cheating.
"Abusive" is a composition.
- music by Leæther Strip
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Abusive
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric Hickey, Ph.D.
Abusive abdominal trauma has a high rate of death; it is the leading cause of abuse-related death in children outside the shaken baby age range. Perhaps the main reason for the lethality of this injury is the prolonged time between the injury ...
by Joyce J. Fitzpatrick, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN, Meredith Kazer, PhD, APRN, A/GNP-BC
Even after leaving the abusive relationship, women are still at risk for long-term health problems. For example, Wuest et al. (2008) found that women who have left an abusive relationship for 20 months or longer continue to experience chronic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abusive
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abusive
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abusive
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Abusive!
Quotes about Abusive
My ballets belong to my dancers and to the public. They can do with them what they will... I'm not an abusive father, or possessive. Anyway, I have no sense of property. (Maurice Bejart)
more quotes about abusive...
Scrabble value of A1B3U1S1I1V4E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABUSIVE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abusive!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abusive to see it in context!