On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun academic degree
What does academic degree mean as a name of something?
- an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of academic degree: degree
- more generic words: accolade / award / honor / honour / laurels = a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
- more specific terms:
- associate degree / associate = a degree granted by a two-year college on successful completion of the undergraduates course of studies
- bachelor's degree / baccalaureate = an academic degree conferred on someone who has successfully completed undergraduate studies
- honours degree / honours = a university degree with honors
- master's degree = an academic degree higher than a bachelor's degree but lower than a doctor's degree
- doctor's degree / doctorate = one of the highest earned academic degrees conferred by a university
- law degree = degree conferred on someone who successfully completes law school
- honorary degree / honoris causa = a degree conferred to honor the recipient
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for academic degree
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by S. Bhushan
Degree, bachelor's: Any academic degree, earned or honorary, carrying the title of “bachelor”; as in B.A. B.Sc., B.E., B.Tech., B.B.A. etc. In liberal arts and sciences, the degree is customarily granted upon completion of a course of study ...
Encyclopaedia of Soviet Life (2017)
by Ilya Zemtsov
Thus, an advanced academic degree in the Soviet Union has a similar function to the title of nobility in tsarist Russia. The salary of a junior scientific worker without a degree but employed in an academic institute is approximately 120-40 rubles ...
by Diagram Group
bachelor's degree An academic degree awarded by a college or university to someone who has completed an undergraduate course of study. bookish Fond of reading ...
by Study Destination USA
The highest academic degree awarded by a university/college. Since a student can be accepted to a doctorate program directly after earning its Bachelor's degree, it generally takes 5-7 years to complete a Ph.D. program in ...
Second Edition by John W. Collins, Nancy Patricia O'Brien
degree, associate An academic degree awarded upon completion of two years of undergraduate education; usually identified in terms of the recipient's area of concentration, such as an associate technical degree; increasingly used ...
by Michael J. Stahl
ACADEMIC DEGREES Academic Degree Abbreviation Degree Title M.S.E. M.M.M. M.S.H.S. ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
shrub, tree, wattle academic campus, college, collegiate, impractical, literary, scholarly, scholastic, theoretical, unpractical academic conference colloquium, seminar academic degree doctorate academic garment gown, toga academic gown ...
by Maqbool Ahmad
is the highest academic degree, and requires mastery within a field of knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform scholarly research. Other doctorates are awarded for fulfilling specialized ...
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition by Eugenia L. Siegler MD, FACP, Elizabeth Capezuti PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey EdD, RN, FAAN
study at a college of podiatric medicine accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education of the American Podiatric Medical Association, preceded by undergraduate education, including a pre- professional academic degree.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for academic degree
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about academic degree
If you need images about academic degree for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of academic degree to see it in context!