On this page:
- Definition of the noun accelerando
- Definition of the adjective accelerando
- Definition of the adverb accelerando
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accelerando
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accelerando
- Photos about Accelerando
- Video language resources about Accelerando
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3E1L1E1R1A1N1D2O1
- Anagrams of ACCELERANDO
- Share this page
Definition of the noun accelerando
What does accelerando mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: accelerandos
- a gradually increasing tempo of music
Alternative definition of the noun accelerando
- [music] A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played at an increasing speed.
- [music] A passage having this mark.
Definition of the adjective accelerando
What does accelerando mean as an attribute of a noun?
Alternative definition of the adjective accelerando
- [music] describing a passage having this mark
Definition of the adverb accelerando
What does accelerando mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- with increasing speed
- example: here you must play accelerando
- domain: music
- "Accelerando" is a composition.
- music by Vijay Iyer
- "Accelerando" is a musical album of Vijay Iyer & Mike Ladd.
- released on (12 years ago)
"Accelerando" is a 2005 science fiction novel consisting of a series of interconnected short stories by British author Charles Stross. As well as normal hardback and paperback editions, it was released as a free e-book under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives license. Accelerando won the Locus Award in 2006, and was nominated for several other awards in 2005 and 2006, including the Hugo, Campbell, Clarke, and British Science Fiction Association Awards.
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Short story, Speculative fiction
- subject: Artificial intelligence
- copyright: 2005-07
- released on (10 years ago)
- official website: www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/fiction/accelerando/accelerando-intro.html
Accelerando is an album by pianist Vijay Iyer recorded in 2011 and released on the ACT label in 2012.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (4 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accelerando
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Lines Hubbard
crescendo poco a poco accelerando kre-shen'-do po'-ko a po'-ko at- cha-le-ran'-do) It. Gradually growing louder and faster. crescendo poco a poco al forte ed un pochettino accelerando (kre-shen'- ...
by Alberto Bachmann
Accelerando. Accomp. Accompaniment. Ad lib. Ad libitum. A110. Allegretto. Al seg. Al segno. Gantab. Cantabile. Con exp. Con expressione. Ores. or Gresc. Crescendo. D.G. Da capo. Decres. or Decresc. Decrescendo. Dim. Diminuendo. Div.
by Theodore Libbey
accelerando (It.) Becoming faster. A particularly ...
by Michael Kennedy, Tim Rutherford-Johnson, Joyce Kennedy
accelerando, as found particularly in Elgar's scores. accel. accelerando. ad lib. ad libitum. A.S. al segno. Br. Bratsche(n) [Ger.]: viola(s). C contralto, as in SCTB. c.a. coll' arco. CB contrabassi [It.]: string double basses. cresc.
Harvard Dictionary of Music (1969)
by Willi Apel
ACADEMY ACCELERANDO two types: (a) Learned societies founded for the promotion of science, literature, and the arts, part of whose activity was the encouragement and cultivation of music. The most famous of these was the A. dei Arcadi ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
progressively gradually decrease taper gradually disappear fade gradually disappearing obsolescent gradually enervate sap gradually increase in speed accelerando gradually quicken accelerando, stringendo gradually reduce in speed ...
(A.D. 1450-1889) by Sir George Grove, John Alexander Fuller-Maitland
A gradual increase of speed is indicated by the word accelerando or stringcndo, a gradual slackening by rallentando or ritardando. All such effects being proportional, every bar and indeed every note should as a rule take its ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accelerando
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accelerando
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Accelerando
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accelerando Meaning
Video shows what accelerando means. A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played at an increasing speed.. A passage having this mark..
- Accelerando, Accent, Adagio, Allargando - The Music Dictionary for Beginners 1
+///EXPAND FOR LINKS AND INFORMATION///+ Learn what Accelerando, Accent, Adagio, and Allargando mean and how they apply to playing the piano.
See also the pronunciation examples of Accelerando!
Scrabble value of A1C3C3E1L1E1R1A1N1D2O1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACCELERANDO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Accelerando!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Accelerando to find many related words and phrases!