On this page:
- Definition of the adjective acceptable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acceptable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acceptable
- Photos about acceptable
- Video language resources about acceptable
- Quotes about acceptable
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3E1P3T1A1B3L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective acceptable
What does acceptable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more acceptable / most acceptable
- worthy of acceptance or satisfactory
- judged to be in conformity with approved usage
- meeting requirements
- adequate for the purpose
- example: the water was acceptable for drinking
- similar: fit
Alternative definition of the adjective acceptable
- Capable, worthy, or sure of being accepted or received with pleasure; pleasing to a receiver; gratifying; agreeable; welcome; as, an acceptable present, one acceptable to us.
- antonym: unacceptable
- Barely worthy, less than excellent; passable.
- antonym: inacceptable
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acceptable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Informa Healthcare, Waldemar Karwowski
Acceptable if there is full ...
by Edward M. Gilbert, Jr, Patricia H. Gilbert
Thisisan acceptable color. • TheBelgian Sheepdog isblackormay be black with white only in specified areas. • Black with ...
Volume 61 - Vacuum System Design to Velocity: Terminal in Setting: Estimation by John J. McKetta Jr
Acceptable Air Leakage Rates Various methods have been ...
by J. M. Pinto
Acceptable, ac-sep'-te-ЪГ, a. Mo- gall; apurhaccho; mauToso. Acceptation, ac- scp-tei-xion, N. Gevop; maunop. Access, ac-ses, N. Rig. Accessible, ac-se-si-Ы', a. Rig asiolo; vochoct asiolo. Accessory, ae'-se-so ri, a. Uunem gorjecho. [chuc.
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
acceptable entry conditions As pertains to confined space entry, the conditions that ...
Abridged in One Volume by Gerhard Kittel, Gerhard Friedrich, Geoffrey W. Bromiley
dektos means "what one can accept," hence in the LXX "acceptable," "pleasing." apo- and euprosdektos have the same meaning. 1.
by K. Bradley Penuel, Matt Statler, Ryan Hagen
Maximum acceptable outage (MAO) is the term given to the maximum period of time that a sys— tem or key product can be unavailable or undeliv— erable following a disruption before its loss will have an irreparable impact upon a business, ...
by Frederick F. Wherry, Juliet B. Schor, Consulting Editor
Of course, this dystopic scene also gets to the heart of the issue in another way: Acceptable risk deals with mathematical calculations about the value of life, injury , and emotional wreckage, making calculation a difficult matter ethically, ...
by A.M.O. Mohamed, D. Chenaf, S. El-Shahed
Acceptable daily intake (ADI): An estimate of thé maximum amount of a chemical (in mg/kg body weight/day) to which a potential receptor can be exposed on a daily basis over an extendcd period of time — usually a lifetime — without suffering ...
by Greg N. Gregoriou
The biggest advantage of mezzanine finance lies in the almost unlimited flexibility of this instrument such that the structure of the deal can be well adapted Minimum Acceptable Return • 299 to the financing needs of the company. For example ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acceptable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about acceptable
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Acceptable losses
Photo credit: henribergius
- Burning is Acceptable
Photo credit: PJ Nelson
- Acceptable Luminescence
Photo credit: FeatheredTar
- Acceptable fern picture
Photo credit: theboyfromskye
- Perfectly acceptable personal chariot!
Everyone should have one!
Photo credit: 70023venus2009
- That was acceptable in the 80ies
Photo credit: chardes
Video language resources about acceptable
Click on an item to play that video:
- Acceptable Meaning
Video shows what acceptable means. Capable, worthy, or sure of being accepted or received with pleasure; pleasing to a receiver; gratifying; agreeable; ...
- The Acceptable Year Of The Lord! YHWH Understanding Of The Meaning!
To support the ministry to the poor go to...
- Life Has Meaning Show #3 - Acceptable Year - Part #3
- Life Has Meaning Show #3 - Acceptable Year - Part #2b
- Life Has Meaning Show #3 - Acceptable Year - Part #2a
- Life Has Meaning Show #3 - Acceptable Year - Part #1
- Acceptable -a talk about a definition
- Stupidity in Numbers is Acceptable (Oxford Dictionary)
- Accepted versus Acceptable - The Difference - ESL British English Pronunciation
- The Defective Dictionary Word: "Acceptable"
See also the pronunciation examples of acceptable!
Quotes about acceptable
Scrabble value of A1C3C3E1P3T1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of acceptable to see it in context!