On this page:
- Definition of the adjective accidental
- Definition of the noun accidental
- Phrases with Accidental
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accidental
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accidental
- Photos about Accidental
- Video language resources about Accidental
- Quotes about Accidental
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3I1D2E1N1T1A1L1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective accidental
What does accidental mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more accidental / most accidental
- happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally
- not of prime or central importance
Alternative definition of the adjective accidental
- Happening by chance, or unexpectedly; taking place not according to the usual course of things; casual; fortuitous
- Nonessential; not necessary belonging; incidental
- [music] Foreign to the key signature or a proper harmony.
- unintentional; by accident
Definition of the noun accidental
What does accidental mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: accidentals
- a musical notation that makes a note sharp or flat or natural although that is not part of the key signature
Alternative definition of the noun accidental
- A property which is not essential; a nonessential; anything happening accidentally.
- [context: in plural, painting] Those fortuitous effects produced by luminous rays falling on certain objects so that some parts stand forth in abnormal brightness and other parts are cast into a deep shadow.
- [music] A sharp, flat, or natural, occurring not at the commencement of a piece of music as the signature, but before a particular note.
Accidental is a record label.
- official website: www.accidentalrecords.com
- "Accidental" is a studio album by English guitarist, composer and improvisor Fred Frith. It is the third of a series of Music for Dance albums Frith made, and was recorded between December 1995 and January 1996 at Studio Jankowski in Stuttgart, Germany. The album was released on CD in March 2002 on Fred Records and was the first release in Frith's archival release program on the record label.
- genre: Experimental rock
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Accidental" is a musical single of Garou.
- released on (7 years ago)
Phrases with Accidental
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accidental
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Paul Anthony Jones
It becomes an accidental dictionary. The Accidental Dictionary Affiliate originally meant 'to adopt a child'
by Jeffrey M. Elliot, Robert Reginald
War and Peace Accidental War (1) An unintended armed clash caused by human miscalculation or by mechanical or electronic error. Accidental war is easy to conceive, but difficult to document. Dr. Herman Kahn, an expert on international ...
The Dictionary of Psychology (1999)
by Raymond J. Corsini
accidental hehavior tS. Freudi Actions that are consciously unimended hut unconsciously desired and are likely to generate damage to the person or to others. accidental chaining The attachmem of a neutral response to a ...
accidental chromatics Chromatics employed ...
A Botanical Dictionary (1805)
Or, Elements of Systematic and Philosophical Botany by Colin Milne
But two bodies are never observed of similar properties in every relpect ; and, therefore, the idea of a species would never arise, were not certain characters distinguished from others, the essential from the merely accidental. The essential ...
Encyclopaedia Medica ... (1902)
Accidental hacmorrhage, due to the detachment of a normally situated placenta.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
accidental Ana mark, "sign, note, badge, token, symptom: characteristic, peculiarity (see corresponding adjectives at CHARACTERISTIC) Ant substance ( in philosophy) 2 *chance, hazard, luck, fortune, hap Ana contingency, fortuity, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accidental
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accidental
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: oati
Photo credit: elocity
Photo credit: Calc-tufa
Photo credit: frankh
Photo credit: 5eangallagher
Photo credit: A Walker in LA
Photo credit: durera_toujours
Photo credit: still.epsilon
Photo credit: Marc-Anthony Macon
Photo credit: Homini:)
- Accidental Art
Photo credit: zeevveez
- Allison: Accidental Double
Canon FT, TMY pushed.
Photo credit: Matt Callow
Photo credit: jfiess
Lensbaby on Nikon D90
Photo credit: Briskiii
- Accidental Art
Slow shutter, fast robin
Photo credit: ibm4381
- Accidental Newtonian
Photo credit: Cate Storymoon
- Accidental Art
Photo credit: KimManleyOrt
- Accidental shot
Photo credit: ryanmilani
- Accidental Rabbit
Two small crabs made this work of art.
Photo credit: Jeppe Salvesen
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accidental
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accidental Meaning
Video shows what accidental means. Happening by chance, or unexpectedly; taking place not according to the usual course of things; casual; fortuitous.
- Accidental Death Insurance Definition : Insurance Tips & Info
- Accidental Monsters of Meaning by Aimee Smith
A new dance installation by Aimee Smith presented by the Western Australian Museum. In March 2011 the WA Museum -- Perth will transform its temporary ...
- You are an accidental, insignificant, chemical machine: Now go find some meaning in life
Marshall Brain started the website "How Stuff Works" and also "Why won"t God heal amputees?" This video is a response to some statements Marshall made ...
- Accidental Monsters of Meaning, Interview with Choreographer Aimee Smith, WA Museum - Perth
- Accidental Monsters of Meaning timelapse
- The Idiom's 48 hour Theater Festival, Accidental Genius, Sunday January 4, 2015
The Idiom's The Idiom's 48 hour Theater Festival. Six plays, written the night before, actors getting the script the day of on the theme: Accidental Genius. 7:30pm ...
- Art Description Video - Accidental
Kinetic Mark Making Video Project.
- Dictionary: Accidental
- Language Accidental Inventions (Matthew)
See also the pronunciation examples of Accidental!
Quotes about Accidental
I believe it is an established maxim in morals that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him. (Abraham Lincoln)
more quotes about accidental...
Scrabble value of A1C3C3I1D2E1N1T1A1L1
The value of this 10-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accidental to see it in context!