On this page:
- Definition of the adjective accidental
- Definition of the noun accidental
- Phrases with Accidental
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accidental
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accidental
- Photos about Accidental
- Video language resources about Accidental
- Quotes about Accidental
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3I1D2E1N1T1A1L1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective accidental
What does accidental mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more accidental / most accidental
- happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally
- not of prime or central importance
Alternative definition of the adjective accidental
- Happening by chance, or unexpectedly; taking place not according to the usual course of things; casual; fortuitous
- Nonessential; not necessary belonging; incidental
- [music] Foreign to the key signature or a proper harmony.
- unintentional; by accident
Definition of the noun accidental
What does accidental mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: accidentals
- a musical notation that makes a note sharp or flat or natural although that is not part of the key signature
Alternative definition of the noun accidental
- A property which is not essential; a nonessential; anything happening accidentally.
- [context: in plural, painting] Those fortuitous effects produced by luminous rays falling on certain objects so that some parts stand forth in abnormal brightness and other parts are cast into a deep shadow.
- [music] A sharp, flat, or natural, occurring not at the commencement of a piece of music as the signature, but before a particular note.
Accidental is a record label.
- official website: www.accidentalrecords.com
- "Accidental" is a studio album by English guitarist, composer and improvisor Fred Frith. It is the third of a series of Music for Dance albums Frith made, and was recorded between December 1995 and January 1996 at Studio Jankowski in Stuttgart, Germany. The album was released on CD in March 2002 on Fred Records and was the first release in Frith's archival release program on the record label.
- genre: Experimental rock
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Accidental" is a musical single of Garou.
- released on (7 years ago)
Phrases with Accidental
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accidental
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
ACCIDENTAL BODILY INJURY: Unforeseen and unintended bodily injury resulting from an accident. Generally considered a more liberal term or definition in accident insurance policies, as distinguished from a technical interpretation of the ...
Encyclopaedia Medica ... (1902)
Accidental hacmorrhage, due to the detachment of a normally situated placenta.
by Evelyn B. Kelly
found that up to 57 percent of children with ADHD were described as accident prone, and 15 percent had at least four or more serious accidental injuries, such as broken bones, lacerations, head injuries, severe ...
by Edward Dickinson, George Whitfield Andrews, Arthur Foote, Janet M. Green, Emil Liebling, Josephine Thrall
accidental chromatics Chromatics employed ...
Philologia Anglicana: or, a Philological and synonymical dictionary of the English language; in which the words are deduced from their originals-their sense defined-and the same illustrated and supported by proper examples and notes, critical and explanatory. [“A-Adornment” only.] (1806)
by Benjamin DAWSON (Rector of Burgh, Suffolk.)
The meetingwas accidental-"The verdict, accidental death-— Three inquests were taken on the same day; and the coroner's verdict was different on each, viz. manslaughter, wilful murder, accidental death.” 2. “ Since the messenger, who ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
Watt's Logic- * Accidental, adj. [from accident.] 1. Having the quality of an accident, non-essential; used with the particle to, before that in which the accident inheres. A distinction is to be made between what pleases naturally in itself, and what ...
by Lawrence Silver, Robert E Stevens, Kenneth Clow
ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT (AD&D) Also known as AD&D, this coverage is usually written in conjunction with group life insurance contracts. The accidental death portion provides double indemnity coverage if death is ...
Medical Lexicon. A New Dictionary of Medical Science, containing a concise account of the various subjects and terms, ... and formulae for ... preparations etc. Third edition (1844)
by Robley DUNGLISON
gE'OLOURS, ACCIDENTAL. Opposite ca101"], Complementary and Harmonic colours. If the eye have been for some time regarding a par~ ticular colour, the retina becomes insensible to this colour; and if, afterwards, it be turned to a. sheet of ...
by Michael Proudfoot, A.R. Lacey
Internalists andexternalists agree that knowledgemust ina certain sense benot accidental. Supposethat by chanceIwitness a traffic accident. The eventwas accidental (it could evenbe uncausedfor allthat concerns us here);andmy knowing ofit ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT RIDER: A supplementary benefit rider or endorsement that provides for an amount of money in addition to the basic death benefit of a life or health insurance policy. This additional amount is ...
The Dictionary of Psychology (2002)
by Raymond J. Corsini
accidental hehavior IS. FreudI Actions that are consciously unimended hut unconsciously desired and arc likely to generate damage to the person or to others. accidental chaining The attachmem of a neutral response to a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accidental
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accidental
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Homini:)
Photo credit: ohsarahrose
Photo credit: Rin-Tin-Tin
Photo credit: A Walker in LA
Photo credit: 5eangallagher
Photo credit: tomcensani
Photo credit: still.epsilon
Photo credit: mahohn
Photo credit: durera_toujours
Photo credit: fieldhat
Photo credit: Treforlutions TreVizionz
Photo credit: ~suchitra~
- Accidental Art
Photo credit: zeevveez
Photo credit: jfiess
- Allison: Accidental Double
Canon FT, TMY pushed.
Photo credit: Matt Callow
Photo credit: siamese-dreams
PENTAX Digital Camera
Photo credit: Identity [email protected]
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accidental
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accidental Meaning
Video shows what accidental means. Happening by chance, or unexpectedly; taking place not according to the usual course of things; casual; fortuitous.
- Accidental Death Insurance Definition : Insurance Tips & Info
- Accidental Monsters of Meaning by Aimee Smith
A new dance installation by Aimee Smith presented by the Western Australian Museum. In March 2011 the WA Museum -- Perth will transform its temporary ...
- You are an accidental, insignificant, chemical machine: Now go find some meaning in life
Marshall Brain started the website "How Stuff Works" and also "Why won"t God heal amputees?" This video is a response to some statements Marshall made ...
- Accidental Monsters of Meaning, Interview with Choreographer Aimee Smith, WA Museum - Perth
- Accidental Monsters of Meaning timelapse
- The Idiom's 48 hour Theater Festival, Accidental Genius, Sunday January 4, 2015
The Idiom's The Idiom's 48 hour Theater Festival. Six plays, written the night before, actors getting the script the day of on the theme: Accidental Genius. 7:30pm ...
- Art Description Video - Accidental
Kinetic Mark Making Video Project.
- Dictionary: Accidental
- Language Accidental Inventions (Matthew)
See also the pronunciation examples of Accidental!
Quotes about Accidental
Scrabble value of A1C3C3I1D2E1N1T1A1L1
The value of this 10-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accidental to see it in context!