The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun account book:
On this page:
Definition of the noun account book
What does account book mean as a name of something?
- a record in which commercial accounts are recorded
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- synonyms of account book: book / book of account / ledger / leger
- more generic word: record = a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction
- more specific terms:
- cost ledger = ledger showing the accumulated costs classified in various ways
- general ledger = the ledger that contains all of the financial accounts of a business
- subsidiary ledger = details of an account supporting the amount stated in the general ledger
- daybook / journal = a ledger in which transactions have been recorded as they occurred
- member: method of accounting / accounting system / accounting = a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for account book
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mosby's Dental Dictionary (2007)
by Elsevier, Mosby
account book, n a book in which the financial transactions of a business or profession are entered. Such books may be ...
by Carol Kammen, Amy H. Wilson
Nevertheless, a store account book can help create a pic— ture of credit offered in a neighborhood, especially in times of economic depression, or of the importation of goods from beyond the community, or of the nature of barter and credit in a ...
by Arthur English
Account book. See BOOK, ACCOUNT. Account current. An open account to which items are added at intervals ; one open to further charges. Account, deposit. See DEI-.ISIT ACCOUNT. Account, final.
a standard reference work for business men and accountants, profusely illustrated with many special forms, tables, and diagrams never before published
ACCOUNT BOOK— ( Com.
by Sir Robert Harry Inglis Palgrave
The day-book is an account book kept on two pages : on the first are three columns, of which the first serves for the progressive number every transaction receives, the second one for the description of ...
by S. W. Fallon
An auditor; accountant; one who examines or checks the account books. halii rcszcM, yd romance, n. f. Daily account book. bahi Mdtd ; Mb baht, n. f. Account ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for account book
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about account book
Click on an item to view that photo:
Account book of Aholiab Johnson
Johnson, Aholiab, 1799-1893. Account book, 1825-1840. 1 volume (135 unnumbered leaves) ; 21 cm. Ledger of accounts for Johnson's law practice in Stafford and Somers, Conn., listing work performed, amounts charged, and payments received. Aholiab Johnson studied at Yale Law School 1824-1825. Hicks classification: MssA J58 no.1. Call # Rare26 11-0054.
Photo credit: Yale Law Library
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about account book
Account book Meaning
Video shows what account book means. A book in which accounts are kept; ledger.. account book pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
Anagrams of ACCOUNT BOOK
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of account book!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of account book to see it in context!