On this page:
- Definition of the noun accountability
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Accountability
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accountability
- Photos about Accountability
- Video language resources about Accountability
- Quotes about Accountability
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3O1U1N1T1A1B3I1L1I1T1Y4
- Share this page
Definition of the noun accountability
What does accountability mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: accountabilities
- responsibility to someone or for some activity
- examples: The accountability of the management of the organization is held in question. | Corporate governance and accountability are being strengthened.
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of accountability: answerability / answerableness
- more generic words: responsibility / responsibleness = a form of trustworthiness
Alternative definition of the noun accountability
- The state of being accountable; liability to be called on to render an account; accountableness; responsible for; answerable for.
- synonym: accountableness
- [military] The obligation imposed by law or lawful order or regulation on an officer or other person for keeping accurate record of property, documents, or funds. The person having this obligation may or may not have actual possession of the property, documents, or funds. Accountability is concerned primarily with records, while responsibility is concerned primarily with custody, care, and safekeeping. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms)
"Accountability" is a book by Sam Lloyd.
- also known as "Accountability managing for maximum results"
- Accountability: In ethics and governance, accountability is answerability, blameworthiness, liability, and the expectation of account-giving. As an aspect of governance, it has been central to discussions related to problems in the public sector, nonprofit and private worlds. In leadership roles, accountability is the acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies including the administration, governance, and implementation within the scope of the role or employment position and encompassing the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
- also known as 問責制
- AccountAbility is an independent, global, not-for-profit organisation promoting accountability, sustainable business practices and corporate responsibility. It is a self-managed partnership, governed by its multi-stakeholder network.
- official website: www.accountability21.net
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Accountability
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bertrand Badie, Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Leonardo Morlino
Institutionalizing accountability means de facto binding the use of political power to specific, clearly defined, and publicly accepted standards.
by Lisa Dougherty, Julie Lamb
The NMC assert that although a nurse can be responsible for an action, accountability means being able to explain why.
maintains that ' accountability is the hallmark of a profession' since it is a framework for exercising the professional aspects of...
by John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Daniel G. Bachrach
Accountability is the requirement to show performance results to a supervisor.
ACCOUNTABILITY IS A FOUNDATION OF MANAGERIAL PERFORMANCE.
by Julia Steets
AccountAbility is an international NGO collecting and developing tools to increase accountability worldwide. The Campaign...
by Mark Bovens, Robert E. Goodin, Thomas Schillemans
Accountability is a relational concept in another sense as well, linking agents and others for whom they perform tasks or who...
says, only a little hyperbolically, “accountability means punishment.
Global Business Citizenship (2015)
A Transformative Framework for Ethics and Sustainable Capitalism by Donna J. Wood, Jeanne M. Logsdon, Patsy G. Lewellyn, Kimberly S. Davenport
Accountability is the core principle of organizational reporting that provides key stakeholders with feedback on what the company learned during stakeholder dialogue and engagement and that shares the change management activities it has ...
The Color of Privilege (1996)
Three Blasphemies on Race and Feminism by Aída Hurtado
Accountability is the political aspect of reflexivity now being advocated in cultural studies discourse.
of one's perspective in the course of theorizing, accountability is a collective process of a similarly defined group with politically agreed-upon ...
The Global Fourth Way (2012)
The Quest for Educational Excellence by Andy Hargreaves, Dennis L. Shirley
Accountability is the remainder that is left when responsibility has been subtracted. Responsibility (vastuullisuus) is the closest thing to it. Collective professional responsibility precedes and supersedes accountability. Indeed, as we said in The ...
by Damian Iwuala
Part 5: Personal Accountability and Discipline A Call to Accountability Accountability is a state of being accountable; liability to be...
by Dennis Rainey
Accountability is a scriptural principle that tells us to “be subject toone anotherinthe fearofChrist” (Eph. 5:21). Thismeans choosing to submit yourlife to ... Accountability means asking the other person for advice. It means giving the other person ...
Truth v. Justice (2010)
The Morality of Truth Commissions by Robert I. Rotberg, Dennis Thompson
Accountability is an important component of any process of reconciliation that follows a period of systematic human rights...
Moving the Needle (2014)
Get Clear, Get Free, and Get Going in Your Career, Business, and Life! by Joe Sweeney, Mike Yorkey
Accountability is the acknowledgment of responsibility for your actions and your decisions. Accountability is a matter of taking 100 percent responsibility, being true to yourself, and having the honesty and integrity to do the right thing when no ...
Creating the Future School (2013)
by Hedley Beare
Accountability is the process you adopt in order to report improvements, and especially those which you have deliberately planned to make and enunciated publicly. Accountability means that you are able to give an account of yourself.
by Robert W. Kolb
Accountability can be defined as “being answerable”— that is, being able to give an account. In the corporate environment, it has been closely associated with financial auditing and reporting, as well as accountancy in general. Within the ...
Accountability to Associcao Brasileira De Escolas De Biblioteconomia E Documentacao by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour
Accountability to Associcao Brasileira De Escolas De Biblioteconomia E Documentacao Allen Kent, Harold Lancour. controlled by the transfer- accountability stations according to the categories of subject. Distribution to people outside an ...
Encyclopedia of Disability (2005)
by Gary L Albrecht
Persons with disabilities, as well as the general public, are increasingly demanding greater accountability from politicians, government bureaucracies, teachers, public school systems, physicians, and health care organizations. The term ...
by Frederick F. Wherry, Juliet B. Schor, Consulting Editor
Given the power that politicians and civil servants receive through laws and regulations they bring into practice, the resources they control, and the organizations they manage, accountability represents the way to ensure an appropriate use of ...
by Helmut K. Anheier, Mark Juergensmeyer
According to this theory, information on performance provided through accountability mechanisms helps improve overall performance and efficiency and helps to create trust and ensure goal alignment. Institutional theory is another way of ...
by Fenwick W. English
Given a breadth of approaches directed toward legitimating schools' public responsiveness, accountability can be manifested through a variety of mechanisms, including any of the following: electoral processes; laws and regulations; ...
by Tony Fitzpatrick, Huck-ju Kwon, Nick Manning, James Midgley, Gillian Pascall
PETER SELMAN ACCOUNTABILITY AND EVALUATION Accountability can be defined as the need to give an account of one's action to some authority.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accountability
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accountability
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accountability
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accountability Meaning
Video shows what accountability means. The state of being accountable; liability to be called on to render an account; accountableness; responsible for; ...
- MK Change the Game Accountability Explanation
- Positive Accountability - Your Definition of Success
Episode 1: Your Definition of Success...
- Accountability's Meaning for Authentic Engagement
Rich Harwood, President and Founder of The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation, talks about Accountability and it's meaning for Authentic Engagement.
- EU Accountability - a definition
The duty and ability to explain clearly the actions taken by an individual or organisation. For example, members of the European Parliament are accountable to ...
- Accountability Calendar Explanation
- Accountability of Ummat Muslima - Meaning of Saheed 39 AZ ZUMER 069 069
- Rep. Jolly: 'Accountability' Has Different Meaning To Obama
- Leatherstocking AEA: Reluctant to Ready Program Provides a Brief Explanation of Accountability
Susan Palmer lays out the accountability web of a non-profit, stating the board is responsible to the community.
- Mr Superintendent Seto Personnel Accountability Franklin Township Explanation
- Winning With Accountability, The Secret Language Of High Performing Organizations, by Henry J Evans
- ADC Calls For Accountability of English Language L
- Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs by Margo H. Gottlieb
Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs by Margo H. Gottlieb Read / Download...
View more videos about Accountability partner.
See also the pronunciation examples of Accountability!
Quotes about Accountability
There is no accountability in the public school system - except for coaches. You know what happens to a losing coach. You fire him. A losing teacher can go on losing for 30 years and then go to glory. (Ross Perot)
more quotes about accountability...
Scrabble value of A1C3C3O1U1N1T1A1B3I1L1I1T1Y4
The value of this 14-letter word is 23 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accountability to see it in context!