On this page:
- Definition of the noun accountability
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accountability
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accountability
- Photos about Accountability
- Video language resources about Accountability
- Quotes about Accountability
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3O1U1N1T1A1B3I1L1I1T1Y4
- Share this page
Definition of the noun accountability
What does accountability mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: accountabilities
- responsibility to someone or for some activity
- examples: The accountability of the management of the organization is held in question. | Corporate governance and accountability are being strengthened.
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of accountability: answerability / answerableness
- more generic words: responsibility / responsibleness = a form of trustworthiness
Alternative definition of the noun accountability
- The state of being accountable; liability to be called on to render an account; accountableness; responsible for; answerable for.
- synonym: accountableness
- [military] The obligation imposed by law or lawful order or regulation on an officer or other person for keeping accurate record of property, documents, or funds. The person having this obligation may or may not have actual possession of the property, documents, or funds. Accountability is concerned primarily with records, while responsibility is concerned primarily with custody, care, and safekeeping. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms)
"Accountability" is a book by Sam Lloyd.
- also known as "Accountability managing for maximum results"
- Accountability: In ethics and governance, accountability is answerability, blameworthiness, liability, and the expectation of account-giving. As an aspect of governance, it has been central to discussions related to problems in the public sector, nonprofit and private worlds. In leadership roles, accountability is the acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies including the administration, governance, and implementation within the scope of the role or employment position and encompassing the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
- also known as 問責制
- AccountAbility is an independent, global, not-for-profit organisation promoting accountability, sustainable business practices and corporate responsibility. It is a self-managed partnership, governed by its multi-stakeholder network.
- official website: www.accountability21.net
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accountability
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Global Business Citizenship (2015)
A Transformative Framework for Ethics and Sustainable Capitalism by Donna J. Wood, Jeanne M. Logsdon, Patsy G. Lewellyn, Kimberly S. Davenport
Accountability is the core principle of organizational reporting that provides key stakeholders with feedback on what the company learned during stakeholder dialogue and engagement and that shares the change management activities it has ...
The Color of Privilege (1996)
Three Blasphemies on Race and Feminism by Aída Hurtado
Accountability is the political aspect of reflexivity now being advocated in cultural studies discourse.
of one's perspective in the course of theorizing, accountability is a collective process of a similarly defined group with politically agreed-upon ...
by Bertrand Badie, Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Leonardo Morlino
Institutionalizing accountability means de facto binding the use of political power to specific, clearly defined, and publicly accepted standards.
by John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Daniel G. Bachrach
Accountability is the requirement to show performance results to a supervisor.
ACCOUNTABILITY IS A FOUNDATION OF MANAGERIAL PERFORMANCE.
by Lisa Dougherty, Julie Lamb
The NMC assert that although a nurse can be responsible for an action, accountability means being able to explain why.
maintains that ' accountability is the hallmark of a profession' since it is a framework for exercising the professional aspects of...
by Mark Bovens, Robert E. Goodin, Thomas Schillemans
Accountability is a relational concept in another sense as well, linking agents and others for whom they perform tasks or who...
says, only a little hyperbolically, “accountability means punishment.
International Perspectives and Critical Analyses by Jean J. du Plessis, Chee Keong Low
Accountability is a concept that is complex and requires careful and considered study, and particularly in the field of...
has a sound knowledge of what accountability means but, as outlined in this chapter, this is often simply just not the case.
by Damian Iwuala
Part 5: Personal Accountability and Discipline A Call to Accountability Accountability is a state of being accountable; liability to be...
by Dennis Rainey
Accountability is a scriptural principle that tells us to “be subject toone anotherinthe fearofChrist” (Eph. 5:21). Thismeans choosing to submit yourlife to ... Accountability means asking the other person for advice. It means giving the other person ...
Truth v. Justice (2010)
The Morality of Truth Commissions by Robert I. Rotberg, Dennis Thompson
Accountability is an important component of any process of reconciliation that follows a period of systematic human rights...
Moving the Needle (2014)
Get Clear, Get Free, and Get Going in Your Career, Business, and Life! by Joe Sweeney, Mike Yorkey
Accountability is the acknowledgment of responsibility for your actions and your decisions. Accountability is a matter of taking 100 percent responsibility, being true to yourself, and having the honesty and integrity to do the right thing when no ...
Creating the Future School (2013)
by Hedley Beare
Accountability is the process you adopt in order to report improvements, and especially those which you have deliberately planned to make and enunciated publicly. Accountability means that you are able to give an account of yourself.
by Andrew Keay
Defining accountability To recapitulate, it has been asserted frequently that accountability is a matter of great importance in corporate governance; it provides images of good governance. It is submitted that other issues that interest corporate ...
ADMINISTRATIVE THEORY (2009)
by PARDEEP SAHNI, ETAKULA VAYUNANDAN
Accountability is a concept in ethics with several meanings.
Enhancing Inclusiveness and Accountability by Charles Humphreys
Because external accountability is a fundamental right (deriving from the precept that authority to govern is granted by the...
External accountability is the linchpin for improved governance, and it is the especially weak external accountability to ...
The New Accountability (2003)
High Schools and High-Stakes Testing by Martin Carnoy, Richard Elmore, Leslie Siskin
Accountability is the use of such tests, procedures, methods, or series of tasks to measure what is taught and learned (Leithwood, Edge, and Jantzi 1999). Accountability is “an arrangement whereby 'an account must be given'1 to some ...
by David Coghlan, Mary Brydon-Miller
Social accountability can be defined as anapproach inwhich citizensor civilsociety organizations hold public institutions (institutions established bylaw and statute and funded by public money) accountable. Itis anongoing and collective effort ...
by Gianpietro Mazzoleni
GIANFRANCO PASQUINO SAIS Europe, Johns Hopkins University Bologna Center, Italy Accountability is more than responsibility. It is also far less than a binding mandate. Political accountability does not simply require politicians to “ follow ...
by Wolfgang Donsbach
Young Min Korea University The accountability of the media is a normative notion that underlies the balance of freedom and social responsibility across media structure, performance, and product. From the birth of the press, its freedom has ...
for Nurses and Healthcare Workers by Barbara F. Weller
Accountability. Health care is regulated in a number of ways. The most important of these for nurses are: • Professional regulation. • Acts of Parliament. • Civil law. • Contracts of employment. • Ethical standards. The Nursing and Midwifery ...
by Robert W. Kolb
Accountability can be defined as “being answerable”— that is, being able to give an account. In the corporate environment, it has been closely associated with financial auditing and reporting, as well as accountancy in general. Within the ...
by Peter Dauvergne
_A_ ACCOUNTABILITY (AA). Founded in 1996 as the Institute for Social and Ethical AccountAbility, AccountAbility, or AA, promotes socially accountable business practices, including increasing the credibility of sustainability reports. Its 350 ...
Encyclopedia of Disability (2005)
by Gary L Albrecht
Persons with disabilities, as well as the general public, are increasingly demanding greater accountability from politicians, government bureaucracies, teachers, public school systems, physicians, and health care organizations. The term ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accountability
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accountability
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accountability
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accountability Meaning
Video shows what accountability means. The state of being accountable; liability to be called on to render an account; accountableness; responsible for; ...
- MK Change the Game Accountability Explanation
- Positive Accountability - Your Definition of Success
Episode 1: Your Definition of Success...
- Accountability's Meaning for Authentic Engagement
Rich Harwood, President and Founder of The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation, talks about Accountability and it's meaning for Authentic Engagement.
- EU Accountability - a definition
The duty and ability to explain clearly the actions taken by an individual or organisation. For example, members of the European Parliament are accountable to ...
- Accountability Calendar Explanation
- Accountability of Ummat Muslima - Meaning of Saheed 39 AZ ZUMER 069 069
- Rep. Jolly: 'Accountability' Has Different Meaning To Obama
- Leatherstocking AEA: Reluctant to Ready Program Provides a Brief Explanation of Accountability
Susan Palmer lays out the accountability web of a non-profit, stating the board is responsible to the community.
- Mr Superintendent Seto Personnel Accountability Franklin Township Explanation
- Winning With Accountability, The Secret Language Of High Performing Organizations, by Henry J Evans
- ADC Calls For Accountability of English Language L
- Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs by Margo H. Gottlieb
Assessment and Accountability in Language Education Programs by Margo H. Gottlieb Read / Download...
View more videos about Accountability partner.
See also the pronunciation examples of Accountability!
Quotes about Accountability
There is no accountability in the public school system - except for coaches. You know what happens to a losing coach. You fire him. A losing teacher can go on losing for 30 years and then go to glory. (Ross Perot)
more quotes about accountability...
Scrabble value of A1C3C3O1U1N1T1A1B3I1L1I1T1Y4
The value of this 14-letter word is 23 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accountability to see it in context!